Poll: This Johnny Depp Stuff

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Looking forward to the cross examination today, should start around 3pm.

There's 2 possible scenarios here, 1. All of JD's witnesses were telling lies. 2. Dr Karen is telling lies. Her entire testimony was so outrageously over the top without any evidence to back it up. Yet on JD's side we had documented evidence to back up each and every claim.

Why would AH's own nurse state she had multiple mental health issues, and addiction to narcotics and alcohol, and yet this Dr Dawn state otherwise or completly ignore the fact.

Man of Honour
It's pretty clear that Depp will win this, he's already won the people over as it is both inside and outside the court, and his legal team and doctors etc have been nothing but professionals throughout with evidence backing them all up.

It's kinda funny, it is an alternative 1:1 to the way the democrats and republicans run US politics. The resemblance is uncanny.

Soldato
It's pretty clear that Depp will win this, he's already won the people over as it is both inside and outside the court, and his legal team and doctors etc have been nothing but professionals throughout with evidence backing them all up.

It's kinda funny, it is an alternative 1:1 to the way the democrats and republicans run US politics. The resemblance is uncanny.

Wouldn't count on it. I expect both will lose their cases against each other, i.e. no damages awarded to either side. So far haven't seen JD even attempt to argue how any of AH's specific untruthful claims have resulted in financial losses for him (that's the standard for court) and I suspect it will be the same the other way around.

Man of Honour
Wouldn't count on it. I expect both will lose their cases against each other, i.e. no damages awarded to either side. So far haven't seen JD even attempt to argue how any of AH's specific untruthful claims have resulted in financial losses for him (that's the standard for court) and I suspect it will be the same the other way around.
Agree. I suspect Depp will lose. That's not to say I think he was abusive and I really do hope he wins. But I think it's an uphill struggle for him. Heard only has to convince the jury that one instance of physical, verbal or other abuse happened and she wins. I noticed her lawyers managed to get one of Depp's witnesses to agree "yes" when asked "So do you agree that they were both being verbally abusive to each other during that argument?". It was a bit of a trap because I don't think the witness meant to agree to what he agreed to, probably thinking it was just the sort of "verbal abuse" two people throw at each other when arguing. It's not about whether Heard was abusive, it's about convincing the jury that Depp misbehaved on one occasion.

But... I think Depp knows that. I honestly believe he expects to probably lose. But this was his only way to get the full story out and get public opinion back on his side whatever the result of the case. Even if his career remains in tatters (and it probably won't), he has got revenge on Heard and will have seriously hurt her future career and relationships by exposing her.

But I still hold out a tiny bit of hope he will win :)

Soldato

That was done yesterday when a financial analyst was on the stand, he detailed with evidence what JD had lost during that period, think it was 40 million dollars in total when the divorce took place and AH issued a restraining order, along with the op-ed in 2018 JD effectively got cancelled, his only project after that was a low budget independant film, he hasn't had any studio work since. That film was only released early this year in the US and was ranked 3rd at the Oscars for some categories. It was another of JD's greats but due to the shadow cast on him by these allegations never got the press or promotion it deserved.

The film in question is Minamata and I personally thought it was great. Vastly different to what he had previously done.

Soldato
I expect that there wont be a clear winner here, be nice if JD gets to tell his side of the story though and hopefully she'll now get cancelled as well, I like JD as an actor, and this whole thing has obviously had financial impact on him ad his being 'cancelled' here's hoping she now gets the same treatment and this will all help get rid of this crapassed cancel culture where people are essentially removed from things because of mob rule..

Soldato
Agree. I suspect Depp will lose. That's not to say I think he was abusive and I really do hope he wins. But I think it's an uphill struggle for him. Heard only has to convince the jury that one instance of physical, verbal or other abuse happened and she wins. I noticed her lawyers managed to get one of Depp's witnesses to agree "yes" when asked "So do you agree that they were both being verbally abusive to each other during that argument?". It was a bit of a trap because I don't think the witness meant to agree to what he agreed to, probably thinking it was just the sort of "verbal abuse" two people throw at each other when arguing. It's not about whether Heard was abusive, it's about convincing the jury that Depp misbehaved on one occasion.

But... I think Depp knows that. I honestly believe he expects to probably lose. But this was his only way to get the full story out and get public opinion back on his side whatever the result of the case. Even if his career remains in tatters (and it probably won't), he has got revenge on Heard and will have seriously hurt her future career and relationships by exposing her.

But I still hold out a tiny bit of hope he will win :)

Yeah, the courts don't care which one is the bigger *******, AH just needs to show there was one instance of abuse, which I'm sure she'll be able to. Despite what people seem to think in their media sensationalism, AH's lawyers have been focused on the task, which is to make sure this case goes nowhere in court.

For JD it's about winning the public opinion and getting his career back on track. But him managing to wreck AH's career is great to see :D

That was done yesterday when a financial analyst was on the stand, he detailed with evidence what JD had lost during that period, think it was 40 million dollars in total when the divorce took place and AH issued a restraining order, along with the op-ed in 2018 JD effectively got cancelled, his only project after that was a low budget independant film, he hasn't had any studio work since. That film was only released early this year in the US and was ranked 3rd at the Oscars for some categories. It was another of JD's greats but due to the shadow cast on him by these allegations never got the press or promotion it deserved.

The film in question is Minamata and I personally thought it was great. Vastly different to what he had previously done.

Yep, approx $40m. He had an accountant and a Hollywood transactional laywer confirm that.

To my knowledge the standard is much higher than this. Just quoting how much money he lost after the divorce and related events isn't good enough, there will have to be a specific claim that AH made that caused JD's losses, and they then have to prove that claim was false. So first a causal relationship between a specific claim and financial loss, and then showing that claim was false.

Also AH doesn't issue restraining orders (individuals can't do that), the courts do (on AH's request). If the restraining order is the cause of his losses, he needs to show that it was issued incorrectly, given that he couldn't overturn it I don't expect this to happen.

For damages about his cancellations, he needs to bring people who cancelled him on the stage who will then need to say why they cancelled him, and if the cause was anything specific that AH said then JD must show it was false. As JD's big cancellations came after he lost the case against The Sun in the UK, e.g. Fantastic Beasts, then WB would cite that their cancellations was the result of the UK court ruling, so his case would be against the UK court rather than AH.

Based on what I understand from these cases, this is a pretty much legally unwinnable case. And JD knows this. The bulk of his strategy is about winning the court of public opinion and getting his career back on track.

If JD wins this $40m, this will be the largest defamation winnings in US history. These cases are notoriously difficult to win.

Last edited:
Soldato
That specific claim would have been the $22.5 million lost as a direct result of her op-ed leading to him being sacked from the pirates 6 movie. I believe they even had a disney lawyer on the stand who specifically stated no studio would want to be linked with the negativity surrounding the case specially in light of the recent and ongoing #metoo movement.

Soldato
Indeed, although he cannot legally prove of her creating damaged and cancellations we as the public and the image he has generally will be enhanced 10x from this exchange that has shown her nature and discredit her throughout with lies and false allegations that appear to be fabricated.

At the same time contributing the issue of the restraining order in legal terms still comes from the AH allegations and request for such. This directly contributed to it happening and wouldn't have without her "apparent" false allegations that have been shown thus far.

So with a jury rather than a direct legal judge ruling it could be more likely that they favour in JD direction due to the fact that it clearly did start with AH and that is the root to it rather than the legal points. I expect the team from AH are aware of this and why they wanted it thrown out from the start because it isn't really in essence a legal fight but a moral fight with public view and opinion in the form of a jury.

Associate
I think you are right on this, not sure there will be a "winner" specifically on the grounds the case is predicated on, but JD is being shown to be a saint for not reacting in the face of clear and obvious provocation by AH, the fact she has made the recordings trying to catch a reaction and getting nothing despite her insane behaviour is only further testiment to JD's character. I'm sure many men would have struggled in these situations especially if high on drugs and alcohol as JD was.

Last edited:
Soldato
That specific claim would have been the $22.5 million lost as a direct result of her op-ed leading to him being sacked from the pirates 6 movie. I believe they even had a disney lawyer on the stand who specifically stated no studio would want to be linked with the negativity surrounding the case specially in light of the recent and ongoing #metoo movement.

Way too vague in my opinion. But again I'm not on the jury so what would I know :cry:

Indeed, although he cannot legally prove of her creating damaged and cancellations we as the public and the image he has generally will be enhanced 10x from this exchange that has shown her nature and discredit her throughout with lies and false allegations that appear to be fabricated.

At the same time contributing the issue of the restraining order in legal terms still comes from the AH allegations and request for such. This directly contributed to it happening and wouldn't have without her "apparent" false allegations that have been shown thus far.

So with a jury rather than a direct legal judge ruling it could be more likely that they favour in JD direction due to the fact that it clearly did start with AH and that is the root to it rather than the legal points. I expect the team from AH are aware of this and why they wanted it thrown out from the start because it isn't really in essence a legal fight but a moral fight with public view and opinion in the form of a jury.

I think the damage is done to AH's reputation and career. I don't expect her to get another big role after this.

Soldato
There's an on going petition to have her removed from the aquaman 2 movie, approaching nearly 4 million signatures. If she loses this case and is in fact found out to be the perp in this, if she is not "cancelled" from the movie then it shows the clear bias currently present in hollywood.

Soldato
There's an on going petition to have her removed from the aquaman 2 movie, approaching nearly 4 million signatures. If she loses this case and is in fact found out to be the perp in this, if she is not "cancelled" from the movie then it shows the clear bias currently present in hollywood.
Isn't that already in post production? They're not gonna reshoot the movie no matter the outcome.

Soldato
Wouldn't be the first time a movie has had to have parts reshot, specially if keeping that person in it would have a significant impact on its financial success. They would just end up delaying it.

Soldato
To my knowledge the standard is much higher than this. Just quoting how much money he lost after the divorce and related events isn't good enough, there will have to be a specific claim that AH made that caused JD's losses, and they then have to prove that claim was false. So first a causal relationship between a specific claim and financial loss, and then showing that claim was false.

Yes, Her Washington Post Op-Ed, and that's what they've been trying to prove is false.

It's worth remember that, being in Virginia, they 'only' have to prove that the article implied that JD was the subject. I say 'only', it's still an uphill battle, but had it have been in 40 or so of the other states then it would have been thrown out of court thanks to their strict anti-slap laws which tbh is kinda ridiculous. We all know how hardcore the USA is about 'free speech' though, so not exactly a surprise.

Also AH doesn't issue restraining orders (individuals can't do that), the courts do (on AH's request). If the restraining order is the cause of his losses, he needs to show that it was issued incorrectly, given that he couldn't overturn it I don't expect this to happen.

He never said the TRO was the cause.

Based on what I understand from these cases, this is a pretty much legally unwinnable case. And JD knows this.

Not at all, it just wont be easy.

Last edited:
Soldato
Isn't that already in post production? They're not gonna reshoot the movie no matter the outcome.
Zack Snyder Army of the Dead and Chris D'Elia's recast happened when that kicked off. No reason they can't do that here tbh.

Also not the first time either

Back
Top Bottom