This man knows who stole my phone, can anyone help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
Just called 101 again, they've not been round last night. Day shift are currently in briefing and they are going to call me back shortly get more details before going around.

Soldato
OP
pic7d.jpg

Current view. Hurry up and get out of bed man!

Soldato
OP
Sorry for the lack of updates last night. I tried to explain about how there were lots of people online interested in what was going on but she wasn't having any of it! Whenever I checked the phone it was off though so not much/anything to report.

It's showing online still, 100% charge and still plugged in. Just making an audio recording.

Soldato
Update for those who have a life:

OP found address of theif and shared them with the police
OP posted short clip on Youtube
Police not bothered
OP went to a prayer meeting with g/f
Police not bothered
We all went to bed ......
Police not bothered
This morning - OP back to taking pics
OP chased police again
Police not bothered

Side notes:
OCer's feel as they are about to be pwned by OP as he works for Cerberus

Soldato
OP
I've eaten breakfast! Audio was total silence. I think you're right though it could be a while, unless he gets an early wake up call from the police!

It's so frustrating, they've got all these details from me. I have evidence this guy has had my phone since just a few hours after its theft and he is still in possession of it. I've given them a name, address, personal mobile number, photograph, description (just so it was added on the file if an officer called in and the operator doesn't have access to the photos) and they still are taking their time!

I'm genuinely surprised that even having been given an address they still haven't gone. The papers have been reporting on a huge string of burglaries in the area recently that exactly match the sound/type that we were victim too. The police were quoted as saying this is being given a high priority!!!

There are officers reported in the papers as saying burglaries are taking top priority!

Soldato
OP
I think I might be victim to my power saving attempts again. It's offline. There was a program on the phone that gives you the option of disabling wifi/data when the phone screen is switched off. I think he's activated that as when I miss called the phone it came online for a while but now its gone off again. When he gets up and uses the phone again it'll get back in touch with me. Assuming that's what is happening. It doesn't make sense that he's switching it off and if he hasn't worked out what's going on so far I'm not sure he will!

Soldato
OP
i would also get onto the local press

If nothing happens today then I'm going to be very tempted. I've called my dad and given him instruction on how to monitor the phone. If my phone goes for a walk into town I'm going to go and see if I can get eyes on him!

What is also frustrating is that my phone would have been the perfect platform to allow me to go into town/monitor from outside the flat and follow him. I've now got an old laptop that needs wifi and has a 30min battery life and a sony ericsson brick phone :( It's kinda like 24 set in the 80s!

Soldato
OP
I've just noticed some on some of the emails coming from the phone the subject line is "Cerberus: picture taken - Wrong unlock code ". He's setup his own pin code on the phone and now whenever he enters it wrongly it'll send me a photo of him!

Permabanned
I'd be tempted to let the police know just how many people are reading all about this online. Also tell them you've been contacted by a journalist.
South Yorkshire Police don't like bad publicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom