This man knows who stole my phone, can anyone help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
Not really following this thread but am i right in thinking the crook has stolen a smartphone, and then turned it on ? ......and kept it on ? LOL.

Yep, broke in whilst we were having dinner and pinched a bag and my phone. He's manually deleted some of my personal data (texts and contacts) but hasn't bothered to do a full reset/wipe phone. Hence my tracking software that was on the phone is still working!

He's changed the sim card and using the phone like any normal person would use theirs, only I can see every call, text, gps location and make it take photos, videos and audio recordings!

Soldato
I'd be tempted to let the police know just how many people are reading all about this online. Also tell them you've been contacted by a journalist.
South Yorkshire Police don't like bad publicity.

This, discretely. Don't make a song and dance just yet but make it known you are talking to the media and have about a billion internet nerds rooting for you :D

Soldato
Yep, you should totally go public with your story, or do a video blog about it. I'd only publish any media (except forum posts) you make about it once the ordeal is over though.

Don't want it to backfire on you ,incase it turns out to be a long lost evil family member or an ex's new boyfriend :O

Soldato
I wouldn't contact the press or you might never get the phone back. Give the police a bit of time to sort it out first. They might be looking at the bigger picture if these guys are involved in other connected crimes and cant just rush in to recover the phone.

Soldato
OP
I'll give the police a chance certainly before going to the media. Too many ways that could go wrong! Next time I speak with the police I might drop it into the conversation that it's starting to generate public interest....

Associate
Well this has developed nicely! Keeping my morning at work entertaining :D

If this was my phone I'd be so tempted to go round his house tooled up. Although I think the repercussions of this would be bad...

People like this need to be taught a lesson though, as they'll probably end up a pathetic sentence.

Soldato
OP
We need his address so the GD mafia can go and sort him out.

It's quite a funny thought actually, a mass of ocukers gather round the corner and then go knocking on his door on mass. Keyboards in one hand and uploading photos and videos with the other! If the mole man answers we can barge in and find out what the police think of a citizens arrest!

Soldato
From whats been said about Burglaries in the area I would at a guess think the Police could be considering the house to be a gang house and there fore need more than two bobbies to get in and have a look. Setting up a raid takes time and a lot of money, sadly the evidence the OP has provided would not be enough to raid the property.

Soldato
OP
In a perfect world the police will go around and arrest him. In the real world they will likely be filling in forms/red tape.

Police:"excuse me every so sorry to bother you, but by any chance have you any stolen property on your premises"
The Mole:"no"
Police:"only you exactly match the description and photograph of someone who's been using a stolen phone which was tracked to this address"
The Mole:silence
Police:"ok sorry to bother you"

That or it's the wrong flat and the police think I'm an idiot.

The operators are sounding genuinely interested and helpful, obviously they probably can't give me any details for any plans to go round but it would just be great for them to follow up on the leads! Apparently they can't check the details for the owner of the sim card that's currently in the phone which I thought would have been relatively simple!

Associate
Surely OCUK forums have a journalist in their mists? Phone up the police asking for a statement as to why they have not responded despite all the evidence presented to them? Once they know it will go public it will be top of their list. I'd imagine the front desk aren't allowed to respond to the press directly so it would need to be brought to the attention of a senior officer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom