This man knows who stole my phone, can anyone help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Cerberus: picture taken - Wrong unlock code " are you not sprung then, won't he get rid of phone?

No. The thick thief has put a lock code on his new phone and when he accidentally types it in wrong cerberus takes a picture. Perfect situation for a face shot :)

Just tried the photo feature on my S3 in transparent mode, you can just use the phone normally and you'd never know it had been taken.

Soldato
Going to the press could be a good shout, or at least something to give the police a kick up the backside.

I can see the Daily Mail loving this story - immigrant dole scrounging criminals, useless police, technology they know nothing about! All the OP needs to do now is explain how the immigrant phone thief gave him cancer! :D

Soldato
Phone police, say that if they don't have an update by noon then you are going around yourself to sort it out. If you say you are taking all measures to protect yourself then this will get them rather worried.

Soldato
OP
Cerberus: picture taken - Wrong unlock code " are you not sprung then, won't he get rid of phone?

No it just means he has put his own lock code on the phone. Cerberus has a default setting that everytime you enter a code in wrongly it'll email a photo. It shouldn't alert the phone user to this at all. It'll only do it when he enters his own code in wrongly.

Soldato
Going to the press could be a good shout, or at least something to give the police a kick up the backside.

I can see the Daily Mail loving this story - immigrant dole scrounging criminals, useless police, technology they know nothing about! All the OP needs to do now is explain how the immigrant phone thief gave him cancer! :D

Yessss!!!

Ring the Fail!!!! Please do this!! You can have reporters and sky news camped outside the blokes house in an hour :D

Associate
Me too.

Just to recap, has the theif taken out the sim? im confused. If i was to steal someones phone i would have wiped before using?

Thief has his own sim card in now but hasn't wiped the phone. With cerberus you can install it to the system so a factory reset means it's still installed. Only a ROM flash would disable it.

Soldato
I'm considering getting rid of my lock screen pin thanks to this thread...

I only put one on after the first few pages when the OP was getting blasted for not having one.

But now, I'm going to take it off again. Not having any visible security on your phone is an advantage if you have Cerberus and it luls the thief into a false sense of security. If someone nicks your phone and sees loads of pin locks and that you're security conscious they're far more likely (and will have to) wipe it.

Caporegime
If the police don't do anything about it then what does it matter how much security you have your phone? you'd think the police would've pounced on this opportunity if there has been lots of burglaries in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom