This man knows who stole my phone, can anyone help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck recovering your phone, personally I wouldn't waste my time, chances of recovery are slim to none!

I agree I'll be quite surprised if I get it back! But the tiny chance they maybe do get caught for breaking in is worth it for me. I'd hope that the photos of the suspects being collected so soon after the theft would work in my favor, maybe!

^ I think we found the guy who stole your phone :p

lol, nearly as much probability it was me as the poor sod in the OP's original post tbh!!
(you really should remove that photo!)

I'd hope that the photos of the suspects being collected so soon after the theft would work in my favor, maybe!

Suspects :confused: Persons of interest is the most you can call them at the moment imo!

The ONLY thing that can be said definitively is that it is a picture of somebody taken with your stolen phone.
The person in the photo along with the person holding the phone could very well have nothing to do with the burglary and simply bought it without any knowledge of it's history!

Last edited:
Not really.. it being rooted means you can just plug it into ABD and do what you want with it. All personal information will be there and open.

What are the chances that a thief knows how to use adb commands? I doubt most of us on the Mobile subforum know about it :p

EDIT: OP - Not trolling, but how did they manage to take your phone? Mine isn't ever very far away - and isn't left in the house if I'm out.

We arrived home with a takeaway, entered through the back door into the kitchen and dumped bags (and phone!) onto the table and took the food through to the lounge to eat. After eating took the plates back into the kitchen to find the door open and then noticed a bag and my phone missing. Stupid mistake, we should have locked the door but our minds were focused on the food and just forgot. Won't do that again!

lol, nearly as much probability it was me as the poor sod in the OP's original post tbh!!
(you really should remove that photo!)

The photo was taken just 3 hours after the phone had been taken and about 5 minutes after it was first switched on after the theft. I think my description of him likely knowing the people who stole my phone is reasonable!

The photo was taken just 3 hours after the phone had been taken and about 5 minutes after it was first switched on after the theft. I think my description of him likely knowing the people who stole my phone is reasonable!

Not really, when I was younger I use to go around mates house loads and people I have never met or know would turn up! Whats to say this poor fella wasn't around someones house and simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
That's why the phrase 'BEYOND reasonable doubt' is extremely important in the eyes of the law!!

Last edited:
We arrived home with a takeaway, entered through the back door into the kitchen and dumped bags (and phone!) onto the table and took the food through to the lounge to eat. After eating took the plates back into the kitchen to find the door open and then noticed a bag and my phone missing. Stupid mistake, we should have locked the door but our minds were focused on the food and just forgot. Won't do that again!

I had around £1,300 of camera equipment stolen from me when I was in the room right next door to it too. Thieves don't care what it takes to make a quick quid or two - despite the potentially devastating consequences for the victim. In my case insurance not covering the loss and being unable to replace said stolen equipment. Still, the guy who did me over is banged up now so there's some comfort in that. Doesn't replace my camera and lens though. Heartless Barclay's bankers.

The person in that picture knows the phone is stolen and doesn't care. If I've just stolen a phone, I'm not going to tell or show it to anyone who might report it. Ergo, this person is someone the thief trusts not to grass him up. If the thief is not worried about him knowing, he will have been bragging ("Look at this cool phone I just nicked")?

Also, I have a new punishment for convicted phone thieves. Now that most phones are smart phones, the punishment is to have all the flesh peeled off their fingers. Can't operate a touch screen with skeleton fingers, so no point nicking phones.

Also, I have a new punishment for convicted phone thieves. Now that most phones are smart phones, the punishment is to have all the flesh peeled off their fingers. Can't operate a touch screen with skeleton fingers, so no point nicking phones.
But they can buy touch screen gloves :D

Not really, when I was younger I use to go around mates house loads and people I have never met or know would turn up! Whats to say this poor fella wasn't around someones house and simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.
That's why the phrase 'BEYOND reasonable doubt' is extremely important in the eyes of the law!!

I admit he could well have nothing to do with the theft but I strongly suspect he knows something so if he could be traced it would be very helpful to me!

Surely 'beyond reasonable doubt' is when you're finding someone guilty and giving them a punishment. If you were just looking for the police to be able to search a property or person you'd just need to give them reasonable grounds to suspect said person may have come into contact with stolen property.

A more apt punishment would be to have a sim card superglued to their forehead for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom