This 'sugar tax' crap is doing my head in!

Soldato
Why have you linked to a weird site that just copy pastes Wikipedia?

Also I have no idea why you think Donald Rumsfeld has any kind of power over the tens of thousands of laboratories, regulatory bodies, and scientists in the world. Let alone the kind of power that could cover up such a massive secret.

And not just give sit up but some how cure everyone of the the ill effects as there dont actually seem to be any people getting sick from consuming it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Rumsfeld

That's just wiki, I could dig up more but am too tired.

You really don't have a clue how this world works.(no disrespect to you) Keep digging and eventually you will reach the coffin, so to say. ;)

The world is not what it seems to most people.

Yes I have loads of tinfoil if you want to pull that script.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Kissinger

Keep going its fun and also crazy. :p

Monsanto is another company you need to look up. ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
lol wut.

My thoughts on aspartame pretty simple - if there's evidence that it's bad, causes health problems, acute or chronic - then I'll stop consuming things containing it. So far a lot of people have yelled fire over aspartame but there's been nothing that links it to any problems. Furthermore it's been in the food chain for quite a long time now - so considering all the scrutiny, I'd say it's quite likely a link would have been found by now, if it existed.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-well/aspartame-facts/

Caporegime
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Rumsfeld

That's just wiki, I could dig up more but am too tired.

You really don't have a clue how this world works.(no disrespect to you) Keep digging and eventually you will reach the coffin, so to say. ;)

Yes I have loads of tinfoil if you want to pull that script.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Kissinger

Keep going its fun and also crazy. :p

In your world of conspiracies wouldn't a competitor have just blown the whistle and had it banned, if not in the USA but the rest of the world?

It's really weird you think think a food additive is the center of such a massive conspiracy.

I mean by product value pretty much every industry would have one of these massive conspiracies if that was the case

Then again I work in an industry that is famously the focus of many conspiracies so it's possible I'm in on it and just doing my bit for the ze overlords

Caporegime
TBH all these sugar free drinks just doesn't taste right. It's like the regular drink but something missing. It needs something else to replace the sugar, not just sweeteners.
Fizzy drinks taste like arse to me anyhow. I can't imagine how people could drink that stuff in any quantity and regularity.

Tea & coffee or kindly extricate thine-self from the premises.

Man of Honour
I had this at the theatre.

Asked for coke, got diet..

No chance to get served again.

I'll have to start asking for real coke with sugar from now on.
That isn't sugar tax, that's a theatre selling you the incorrect product.

That's right mate, you keep telling them.

Soldato
Hmm, I've had that in KFC before though. Some places seem to have started assuming you mean sugar free now, they don't always have the proper ones now either!

Soldato

I'm confused did you read any of the links, none support the view that aspartame isn't safe? As for aspartic acid I think you might be a be confused, it's basic chemistry that a compound can have certain effects but when combined with another thing it has completely different set of effects, see Mercury.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm confused did you read any of the links, none support the view that aspartame isn't safe? As for aspartic acid I think you might be a be confused, it's basic chemistry that a compound can have certain effects but when combined with another thing it has completely different set of effects, see Mercury.

Indeed and just look at the ingredients in an apple. It includes formaldehyde, arsenic and cyanide IIRC.

Sodium - highly reactive alkali metal, explodes in contact with water, toxic. Required to facilitate electron transfer is every nerve in your body.
Chlorine - Highly reactive halogen, reacts violently with almost everything, particularly effective at breaking down/dissolving organic cell matter. Also an essential facilitator in cell function.
SodiumChloride - table salt.

On the topic of table salt, a lot of products contain cyanide within the anti-caking agent (sodium ferrocyanide)

Soldato
That isn't sugar tax, that's a theatre selling you the incorrect product.
My girlfriend went out with work last night and the pub they were in now only served Coke Zero or Diet Coke. I can count the amount of times I've fancied a coke (which is rare, by the way), gone into an M&S or Waitrose etc. and not been able to find the 500ml bottles of regular coke. It's all Diet and Zero crap. Companies are obviously making decisions based on their bottom-line, to not stock regular coke etc. any more. It's doing my head in, every time it happens I make the effort to seek someone out to make a complaint.

Very interesting, thanks for posting :)

Soldato
I found 2 weeks ago that I have non alcoholic liver disease.

I don't drink. And am not heavy.

After getting to the bottom of the cause I have come to the conclusion (along with my GP) that the cause is sugar.

I used to drink 3-4L of coke per day whilst growing up. (14-25).

I then slowed down but still had a large intake of drinks and food which contained at least 50g per serving. Redbull and monster was a multiple can daily occurance.

I've had to remove 90% of my sugar intake, no more fizzy drinks or foods that contain more than 2% sugar. I've lost 7lbs in 2 weeks... And I started at 15st 4lbs. (Over 6ft)

So people, embrace the sugar tax that has hit the drinks. I am pleased, as hopefully it will stop others getting liver disease at 29 years of age.

Soldato
I used to drink 3-4L of coke per day whilst growing up. (14-25).

:eek:
Drinking that much of anything including water will screw you up.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/318619.php

"Both are American studies that refer to research into the '8x8' rule, which promotes drinking at least eight 8-oz glasses of water a day (1.9 litres). This is much more than the 'about 6-8 glasses' (1.2 litres) of fluid a day advocated by the UK government. Keeping hydrated is important."

Soldato
Wow, that sucks. What symptoms led you to the docs. I drink too much fizzy drinks but find it hard to quit.

I was having odd vibrations from that area, along with what I thought was a hernia but just turned out to be a swollen liver.
Along with the ever increasing pain... Which thankfully has died down since I stopped the intake of all the drinks and changed my diet.

Seriously dude, I have zero will power, and this has shocked me to change

Soldato
I usually knock back 4 - 5 litres of water a day tbh! No trouble here!

So you drink approximately 1 gallon of water a day, have you felt the weight of 1 gallon. Its just over 4.5kg by the way.

My friend done it to get in the army as he was underweight to get in, it worked.

Associate
I was having odd vibrations from that area, along with what I thought was a hernia but just turned out to be a swollen liver.
Along with the ever increasing pain... Which thankfully has died down since I stopped the intake of all the drinks and changed my diet.

Seriously dude, I have zero will power, and this has shocked me to change

I bet, it’s certainly making me think. Hope you continue your recovery.

Soldato
I'm not sure anyone is under the illusion that fizzy drinks are full of sugar, for me the problem is all the sugar in stuff like jars of sauce. The amount of prepared and processed foods people consume these days is the problem. People just need to go back to cooking again and you will cut your calorie consumption no end.

Back
Top Bottom