Thunderstorm Watch - 2024

Had a small period of wind, and heavy rain, I think I heard maybe some distant thunder a couple of times but no flashes of lightning. It was all done with after about 15 minutes. Back to no movement in the air and didnt have much impact on temperatures.

Area is city of Leicester, so I guess not far from cheesefest, interesting we had different experiences for the lightning, I guess the lightning may have happened earlier before I started looking out for it. But I never heard close thunder. Guessing I only got the edge of the cell.

Last edited:
Anyone getting anything seems most of England is under thunderstorm weather warning?
Looking at the lightning map doesn't look like much. Although every time I look at it I wish I lived in Switzerland.

Anyone getting anything seems most of England is under thunderstorm weather warning?
Looking at the lightning map doesn't look like much. Although every time I look at it I wish I lived in Switzerland.

One of the most insane storms I've witnessed was at Mulhouse Airport. Went from glorious sunny afternoon to pitch black, strong winds, hail and a constant lightning/thunder back and forth. Lasted for about 20 minutes. Was utterly awesome. Apart from the delayed flight.

Insane storm here right now. Lightening every couple seconds.

Noticed that earlier.

ylWc7RO.png

Back
Top Bottom