Tiny Tina's Wonderlands ! - Borderlands spin-off

Associate
You'll need to run back a bit through the cave mate, as far back as you can get and you'll see it.

NeilFaz you can add me on EPIC ICEX25, is this your first Borderlands game?

Associate
Unfortunately I do not. I just get to the stone wall that blocks the way to where there was the big fight. I expect there's a patch I haven't downloaded.

I just logged in and double checked. It was my mistake, there's no fast travel point as such. What I did was I entered the area, brought up the map and then fast travelled to the start through the map screen.

Associate
You'll need to run back a bit through the cave mate, as far back as you can get and you'll see it.

NeilFaz you can add me on EPIC ICEX25, is this your first Borderlands game?

Ive added you. I think you have to accept. Yes I played BL2 and a few other games with a group but theyre all dead now.

Soldato
I'm sort of stuck. I'm at the point of the game where I meet Torgue and fight lots of mushrooms and I'm level 16 but I'm dying a lot. My gear is modestly decent, but my best gear - the purple stuff - isn't really that useful in an actual fight. The enemies seem to have scaled with me so it's something I'm doing - or rather not doing. I'm playing a Spellshot.

Associate
The mushrooms (and all enemies in fact) have different weaknesses so its worth making sure you have a variety of weapon/spell damage types and switch to take advantage depending on target. Red bar = you want strong against flesh (fire damage), yellow bar = strong against armor (poison damage), blue bar = strong against wards/shields (lightning damage). Grey bars = you want cold damage. Don't be afraid to kite/run away whilst ward refreshes if needs be and make use of the health potions in chests. If you have no way of regenerating health then once your ward is down you are likely to die if you try to just facetank damage.

Check the gearscore of your items, they may be purple but if they are level 5 items against level 15 enemies than that's not going to be helping. I don't remember this section being all that tricky and I'm pretty average at this game by all accounts so its probably just some mechanics you need to take advantage of.

Soldato
Oh yes, I'm used to both damage types - I played Borderlands 2 extensively - and gear scores - I played BL3 a bit. And none of them are bad. So it's probably just my lack of skill.

Associate
I think I asked before but is there a way of stopping the epic permissions browser opening up every time I start this game?

Shouldn't permissions only need to be set once?

Associate
Enjoying it so far, only up to level 8 so still only getting started but feel like I want to keep coming back already. I'd tried to start a new character on Borderlands 3 with a different class not long ago but barely made it a few hours in before putting it back down. I do seem to be having issues with the sound in this one though, don't know if it's just me.

The sound mix just feels off to me at the moment no matter what settings I use, some voices are so quiet I can barely hear or understand them. Some effects are pretty low too, but I turn my speakers up and I nearly get blown away once I'm in a battle.

Might have to dig the headphones out to see if it's an improvement.

Associate
Enjoying it so far, only up to level 8 so still only getting started but feel like I want to keep coming back already. I'd tried to start a new character on Borderlands 3 with a different class not long ago but barely made it a few hours in before putting it back down. I do seem to be having issues with the sound in this one though, don't know if it's just me.

The sound mix just feels off to me at the moment no matter what settings I use, some voices are so quiet I can barely hear or understand them. Some effects are pretty low too, but I turn my speakers up and I nearly get blown away once I'm in a battle.

Might have to dig the headphones out to see if it's an improvement.

Yeah the sound is terrible. When doing a side mission or whenever anyone talks your position has a massive effect on how well you can hear them.

Maybe they've tried to do some sort of surround/spatial audio but it doesn't work properly.

Back
Top Bottom