"Titan Apollo" 15.4" Intel Core 2 Duo/Quad 2.00GHz+ Gaming Laptop Pre Order

Don
After reading this thread through I'm a little gutted with my order now, a lot of the comments in the thread basically are saying you need a high speed dual core nearer 3.0ghz or quad to really play todays games. I didn't opt for that, now pricing up a 15" Apollo with a Q9000 it comes to the same price as the 17" Titan Energizer I've ordered. I'd of preferred a smaller screen with better performance.

Will be too late to change my order now too :(

Associate
That is a bummer andy, but if push comes to shove and you notice it, in another year around the time you might really feel the lack of a quad or 3ghz dual you'll be able to get one for much much less than now (i7 will push prices down dramatically) and get it upgraded easily.

Frankly if I were you I'd be kicking myself not for purchasing a slightly slower dual instead of a faster or a quad, but for not waiting for mobile i7's. They'll make all of us chumps. Not to mention USB 3.0... widespread LED displays... multitouch trackpads... cheap SSD's... etcetera. This right now is the worst time to buy a new laptop in years, with the advances coming down the line next year. Even if you didn't want it all, it'll make everything we're buying now so much cheaper.

Man of Honour
I'd have thought you could still cancel at this point... I don't personally reccomend going below a ~2.5gig dual core when paired with the 260m GTX and closer to 3gig better tho tends to be a lot more costly for a few extra MHz :(

Don
I'd have thought you could still cancel at this point... I don't personally reccomend going below a ~2.5gig dual core when paired with the 260m GTX and closer to 3gig better tho tends to be a lot more costly for a few extra MHz :(

I'm going to give them a call as pricing up the Apollo comes to basically the same price as the one I ordered but we'll see.

Don
Well I just rang and they have said I can change my order as I hadn't sent the finance agreement back anyway yet. So that's good.. this is what I will change the order too, any changes recommended?

laptp.jpg

Soldato
I would go for the c2d 3 gig (you could go for the 2.8 gig but OcUK charge more for this for some reason).

You cant up grade to the 280m GTX with that chassis.

Don
Soldato
Man of Honour
The MSI has "turbo" that OCs the quad ~15% or so which would help a bit...

Personally I'd rather go for a faster dual core tho, as I said before you want 2.5x gig as a bare minimum really to properly use the GPU.

Soldato
Sorry Rroff, the MSI turbo doesnt work with the quad equipped machines; only the dual core variants, shame I know.

Andybtsn, can you drop me an email, in trust, as I have a suggestion on a better value machine for you if you're looking at the M15x and I7. Alienware Eur/UK have exceptionally poor tech support now its moved to Poland, upgrades are overpriced extroardinarily and the machine is A) Very large for a 15" B) Isnt the most powerful machine available for the cost and size :)

I would email you but am having to use a PS3 right now so cant access hotmail properly; will be able to later though. Also I would agree with Rroff, you are better off on I7, a faster quad, or a nippy dual core right now.

Alex

Last edited:
Soldato
If you can cancel your order you can still win :)

For 1400 you can get a faster machine than the AW or the O... anyway don't want to get banned hehe
Reason you didnt see the M15x before was they were only announced 2 days ago ;)

Soldato
Andy please check your trust-linked email, I dont want to break the forum rules but given my experience with AW as of recently (6 ****ing weeks to fix my laptop, surrounded by lies and unprofessionalism!!) and knowing what else is now available, I strongly think you arent getting the best for your money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom