• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Titan V announced £2700 15TF 12nm Volta

Soldato
Wasn’t it only a few weeks ago Nvidia came out with the statement ‘there will be no consumer grade Volta GPUs for the foreseeable future?’

Go **** yourselves Nvidia.

Jensen Huang - not that you care what anyone thinks, but you’re a lying, slimy little ****

Soldato
Wasn’t it only a few weeks ago Nvidia came out with the statement ‘there will be no consumer grade Volta GPUs for the foreseeable future?’

Jensen Huang - not that you care what anyone thinks, but you’re a lying, slimy little ****

You’re right he did say that , but tbh I wouldn’t trust any major company they all lie.

Mobster
Soldato

What does it matter ?

bru

bru

Soldato

Well it's not really a consumer grade part, more for professional usage, without the full Tegra price tag.
But don't let that stop you airing your thoughts on NVIDIA'S CEO. :D:eek::D

Soldato
Well it's not really a consumer grade part, more for professional usage, without the full Tegra price tag.
But don't let that stop you airing your thoughts on NVIDIA'S CEO. :D:eek::D

Lmao :D nothing would stop me expressing my disgust towards that dbag.

They’ve said the same about every Titan as an attempt to justify the price tag. It’s just beyond nonsense now.

If the card uses the same drivers, and the same desktop GeForce experience as the consumer grade cards - it’s a consumer grade product. There’s no other way to cut it.

Caporegime
Nah this isn't consumer grade, just made to sucker the gamers in. Can't blame them, it's good business. Useful if the compute power is actually going to be used though!

Caporegime
NVidia releasing a Volta card at consumers makes Jen a dbag and totally deserved of Bluntwrapped's anger. I guess he just bought a Pascal card and it is now obsolete because Volta is out?

Man of Honour
NVidia releasing a Volta card at consumers makes Jen a dbag and totally deserved of Bluntwrapped's anger. I guess he just bought a Pascal card and it is now obsolete because Volta is out?

I think this is a one off Volta gaming card and we won't see any more. I think NVidias next round of gaming cards will be on a different architecture all together.

Performance wise the Titan V is no better than the Pascal cards, it is just a lot bigger which gives the extra grunt. The other important difference is the DX12 support is very good, unfortunately there are not enough games that can use it.

There are several clues that this is a one off -

1. it have no SLI fingers just disabled NVLink, a new family of gaming cards would have addressed this but it is not worth it for a one off.

2. The card is listed in the driver downloads as a 10 series card, not on its own as the first of a new family of cards.

3. The styling of the card is very 10 series FE, nothing new just gold in colour.

4. They have just launched the 1070 Ti, if there were new gaming cards around the corner this would make the new Pascal card pointless.

I think NVidia will be selling Pascal like the new 1070 Ti for quite some time yet.:)

Caporegime
I think this is a one off Volta gaming card and we won't see any more. I think NVidias next round of gaming cards will be on a different architecture all together.

Performance wise the Titan V is no better than the Pascal cards, it is just a lot bigger which gives the extra grunt. The other important difference is the DX12 support is very good, unfortunately there are not enough games that can use it.

There are several clues that this is a one off -

1. it have no SLI fingers just disabled NVLink, a new family of gaming cards would have addressed this but it is not worth it for a one off.

2. The card is listed in the driver downloads as a 10 series card, not on its own as the first of a new family of cards.

3. The styling of the card is very 10 series FE, nothing new just gold in colour.

4. They have just launched the 1070 Ti, if there were new gaming cards around the corner this would make the new Pascal card pointless.

I think NVidia will be selling Pascal like the new 1070 Ti for quite some time yet.:)
I wouldn't argue with that but being NVidia, if there is a market they can sell to, I wouldn't be surprised to see a stripped down Volta card come March time. I did umm and arr on getting one but gaming performance isn't much over Pascal from what I can see and as you say, DX12 isn't in full flow yet.

Back
Top Bottom