Titanfall 2

Soldato
Played another game this morning. killed a Titan which made me feel like a god!

Most of my friends are still playing Overwatch or buying BF1 over this so if anyone fancies grouping up sometime, feel free to add me. My Origin ID is JunglistE

I'm not very good yet, just a warning!

Soldato
I'll be on today/tonight if anyone fancies jumping on discord and having a few games.

Reached level 50 last night and regened just because I'm cheesy and wanted the gold cammo. My pilot and Titan are now bright yellow and easy to spot!

Soldato
I'll be on today/tonight if anyone fancies jumping on discord and having a few games.

Reached level 50 last night and regened just because I'm cheesy and wanted the gold cammo. My pilot and Titan are now bright yellow and easy to spot!

Wow that was quick gg! I need more time to play! Think im 10 or 11 atm

Soldato
Played SP today, pretty short, basic story but was fun and a nice mix off fps and platform.

As for MP, it's fun but I think it will suffer the same fate as the original, it will die off pretty quickly. 99% of people use the same weapons, similar loadouts etc...

I also miss some of the stuff from the first game, rodeoing Titans was much better, being able to hack terminals was fun and I personally think the maps were better.

That said it's fast paced, its manic and killing with titans or killing titans in a lot of fun.

Associate
Just finished the campaign! It was short and sweet and a lot of fun.
Don't expect any backstory or depth if you come from games like Halo or Mass Effect.

But what it does deliver is unique game-play on every mission with platformer elements and awesome set pieces. It needs gets old or for me the length was just right. It always has you itching to get back in your Titan and when you do it's a bast.
Despite the lack of a compelling plot, the primary relationship between the two main characters is still quite enjoyable.

Soldato
Anyone got any favourite weapons yet? Im still mainly using the first assault rifle, got it to level 10 now.

Have unlocked the 3 burst one which seems really strong but harder to use as everyone moves so fast!

Permabanned
Anyone got any favourite weapons yet? Im still mainly using the first assault rifle, got it to level 10 now.

Have unlocked the 3 burst one which seems really strong but harder to use as everyone moves so fast!

I'm the type of player that feels the need to be constantly on the move. Therefore I've really been favouring the EPG, Car and either shotguns, though I've yet to try other builds with weapons that would certainly benefit my play style.

Game really is something special. Said it a thousand times already, but I can't believe Respawn have managed to improve an already near perfect game.

Been working on a 'review' over the last few days. Will throw it up here tomorrow once it's uploaded :)

Soldato
I'm the type of player that feels the need to be constantly on the move. Therefore I've really been favouring the EPG, Car and either shotguns, though I've yet to try other builds with weapons that would certainly benefit my play style.

Game really is something special. Said it a thousand times already, but I can't believe Respawn have managed to improve an already near perfect game.

Been working on a 'review' over the last few days. Will throw it up here tomorrow once it's uploaded :)

Nice i shall be sure to check it out! Always been tempted to blog or do reviews myself but life gets in the way :D

I really want it to do well, people need to play it but unfortunatly it is a bad launch window and dont think it will win over many cod players who dont follow games as closely as we do on here.

The leveling up system feels refreshing and im willing to bet that many games going forward will adopt the network system in some way.

Also left the comfort zone of cloak last night and tried stim, no looking back now!

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone able to clarify what the co-op PvE options are with this game?

ie: Could you have 4-5 of you doing levels/missions against the computer (AI)?

Soldato
The game is far from perfect. Maps aren't as good as the original game. Hit detection when you really pay attention to it is all over the place at times, also many times you feel like you have been one shotted and the replay shows half a clip fired into you.

The rodeoing Titans in this is worse than previous game and almost pointless as the damage is minimal. I do like that you can pick up batteries and install them in friendly titans, people need to do this more as it boosts the friendly titan and you get a large boost to be able call yours down quicker.

As for weapons just use the CAR it's the only weapon to use, its as good as assault at medium range and so much better at firing from the hip at close. Add stim, stock grenade and the wall hack boost and jobs a good un.

That said as mentioned before it's still a lot of fun and really enjoyable to play. I love how quick it is and unlike other games losing doesn't bother me at all as it's over in 10 mins.

Matchmaking needs a bit of work in the long run.

Last edited:
Soldato
The game is far from perfect. Maps aren't as good as the original game. Hit detection when you really pay attention to it is all over the place at times, also many times you feel like you have been one shotted and the replay shows half a clip fired into you.

The rodeoing Titans in this is worse than previous game and almost pointless as the damage is minimal. I do like that you can pick up batteries and install them in friendly titans, people need to do this more as it boosts the friendly titan and you get a large boost to be able call yours down quicker.

As for weapons just use the CAR it's the only weapon to use, its as good as assault at medium range and so much better at firing from the hip at close. Add stim, stock grenade and the wall hack boost and jobs a good un.

That said as mentioned before it's still a lot of fun and really enjoyable to play. I love how quick it is and unlike other games losing doesn't bother me at all as it's over in 10 mins.

Matchmaking needs a bit of work in the long run.

Yea i always feel a bit overwelmed when being/rodeoing a titan. Too much is going on and i just get confused

Permabanned

If you're counting maps included from the DLC, no they're not as good. But they're just as good if not better then the stock maps.

I will totally agree that the kill time is far too quick and the hit reg is slightly off at times. But that can be fixed quite easily with a patch.

With the lack of regenerating shields, you can't argue with a straight face that the rodeo system from the original would be better here. Keeping your Titan standing is hard enough as it is atm.

Totally disagree with your point about the CAR being the only weapon of true utility. We finally have a selection of weapons pretty much all worth using.

Soldato
Yea i always feel a bit overwelmed when being/rodeoing a titan. Too much is going on and i just get confused

If someone rodeos you use your electric smoke. If you don't have it and there is a friendly titan nearby then crouch and stay still.

The amount of times I've gone to kill a pilot rodeoing a friendly titan and the titan is running around like a mad man making it almost impossible to hit the pilot.

Other and the most fun option is exit titan, double jump and rotate 180 and shoot them, then jump back in.

Back
Top Bottom