Titanfall (Respawn Entertainment's new IP)

Associate
Had a go on my mates account and solid game play but....

Bots are ****ING TERRIBLE !!!!!
I dont remember AI in any game so bad... You go on them and they ignore you and dont even bother to shot towards You when you are killing them .

The bots arent there for the challenge, they add a moba/ creep element, the other players provide the challenge. Of course with a higher player count they wouldn't be necessary but they were never supposed to be difficult.

Soldato
I think it's pretty good. A little bit too much like CoD - why do you just have to look at someone in pretty much every modern fps to get a kill? - but the rest is fast paced and arcady, and the ai running about gives it a novel, single player meets multiplayer feel. Still, with less CoD and more Quake it would have been a shed load better!

wnb

wnb

Soldato
I think it's pretty good. A little bit too much like CoD - why do you just have to look at someone in pretty much every modern fps to get a kill? - but the rest is fast paced and arcady, and the ai running about gives it a novel, single player meets multiplayer feel. Still, with less CoD and more Quake it would have been a shed load better!

Actually I would say its a combination of UT+Quake and one could say it resembles a little of Brink which had a similar parkour feel to it.

Caporegime
They certainly start firing back at later levels and as a Titan you ignore Spectres at your peril.

Sounds good. Personally I'm glad they've put them in, makes the game fun for lower skilled players. I really like the way that everybody no matter how crap they are gets to have a play in a Titan as well.

Caporegime
It seems to me that the best way to wrack up points in Hardpoint mode is to defend one of the capture points.

You get about 75 points every 15 seconds or so. Even better if you can put your Titan in guard-mode around the same area.

Associate
It seems to me that the best way to wrack up points in Hardpoint mode is to defend one of the capture points.

You get about 75 points every 15 seconds or so. Even better if you can put your Titan in guard-mode around the same area.

This. I've found I get more kills by camping a node and waiting for pilots to come to me compared with running around and occasionally bumping into the odd pilot. And as you said the +75 deffence points means you often finish top of the table regardless of kill counts.

Caporegime
Usually i'd be all for this sort of thing (BF4 should give you more points for defending a capture point in conquest mode) as it's a team game and by holding down a capture point you are helping the team to win.

But it's maybe a bit too generous at the moment.

Caporegime
Had a quick blast this morning, I like the fact you can hitch a ride on a friendly Titan, game doesn't seem very well optimised at the moment though. I can play games maxed out that are far more graphically intensive and impressive but on this there seems to be a bit of slowdown now and then. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Soldato
Titan, game doesn't seem very well optimised at the moment though.
No nvidia SLI profile yet so i presume crossfire is not supported yet too?. I can't believe nvidia have this game on geforce experience without a sli profile, maybe it needs multi gpu support from both the game edvelopers and amd/nvidia gpu driver teams?. Think i'll wait till that is sorted out, and hoping that respawn will defend the multiplayer game with decent anti-cheat.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Usually i'd be all for this sort of thing (BF4 should give you more points for defending a capture point in conquest mode) as it's a team game and by holding down a capture point you are helping the team to win.

But it's maybe a bit too generous at the moment.

Not really. It's the point of Hardpoint. Your teams goal should be to hold 2 out of 3 points at all times.

So ideally you want your entire team camping a couple of hardpoints and ignoring the other one.

We had 4 of us on teamspeak last night playing, and we split off into two teams of two and held A and B for the entire game. We had one person on each team wall hanging in the node room, while the other patrolled around the close area with both our Titans parked outside guarding.

We won every single round we played by a huge margin with massive defence scores.

Let the other team waste their time running about trying to cap :D

CTF is also really fun in a small group. We had 3 of us playing, two would go for the flag, one with a titan drop prepped would wait at a distance. As the flag was taken they'd drop their titan outside, the flag carrier would rodeo the friendly titan all the way back to base while the 3rd person hung around waiting to take the flag again, or provided covering fire.

We won 4 rounds in a row 4-0, 4-0, 4-1, 4-2 :D

Great fun :p

Caporegime
We had one person on each team wall hanging in the node room, while the other patrolled around the close area with both our Titans parked outside guarding.

We won every single round we played by a huge margin with massive defence scores.

When you say you had one person wall hanging, what do you mean exactly?

Soldato
This. I've found I get more kills by camping a node and waiting for pilots to come to me compared with running around and occasionally bumping into the odd pilot. And as you said the +75 deffence points means you often finish top of the table regardless of kill counts.

.......and so the camp fest begins....... :)

Soldato
I had a few rounds of it last night and found it pretty fun

Unfortunately I found it far too easy to get kills, the shooting mechanics are very much like COD or BF3 - which is a shame, I can imagine once the eye candy wears off it won't really be any better than the current crop of big name shooters.

Back
Top Bottom