Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Suspended
The important point is "it's a problem", which the engineers obviously didn't foresee, which is unforgiveable.

What's unforgivable is hiring inexperienced engineers, not those engineers being blamed for something they weren't aware of.

I'm seeing this a hell of a lot recently, people being hired because they tick a certain box rather than their expertise and experience. At the moment I'm dealing with 4 projects, three of which are run by young girls no older than 28. They mean well, they're hard workers and they've got qualifications but some of the things I have to explain to them are quite alarming.

A perfect example being the removal of a redundant condenser for an AC system, she was going to instruct her guys to just take it down and dispose of it, she had no clue about Fgas regulations. I shudder to think of the things these girls have done without knowing.

Soldato
I said this ages ago too, I can spot these people a mile off. The best description I've seen is "used car salesman".
Can confirm. I work in IT (Infrastructure) including a couple of dealerships and they are a nightmare. (Even more of a nightmare when their rubbish environments fail that you previously told them were going to fail...)

Last edited:
Soldato
IMG-6170.jpg

Soldato

Mangled debris from doomed Titan sub is brought ashore in Canada ten days after it suffered 'catastrophic implosion' 12,500ft below Atlantic near the Titanic wreck, killing all five on board​

Soldato
I read the Florida couple that were suing rush/oceangate due to not refunding their $210,000 deposit they paid back in 2019 for a trip that never manifested have withdrew.

Probably counting themselves fortunate considering. But I'd also imagine oceangate no longer have a pot to **** in.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
What's unforgivable is hiring inexperienced engineers, not those engineers being blamed for something they weren't aware of.

I'm seeing this a hell of a lot recently, people being hired because they tick a certain box rather than their expertise and experience. At the moment I'm dealing with 4 projects, three of which are run by young girls no older than 28. They mean well, they're hard workers and they've got qualifications but some of the things I have to explain to them are quite alarming.

A perfect example being the removal of a redundant condenser for an AC system, she was going to instruct her guys to just take it down and dispose of it, she had no clue about Fgas regulations. I shudder to think of the things these girls have done without knowing.

Seeing this more and more and sometimes it really makes me worried - sometimes they are hard working and mean well but can't see the problems (or don't care to see or just don't care) staring them in the face - not a great example but works well as an illustration I've several times had to stop people setting stuff up which would block the operation of fire shutters.

Last edited:
Soldato
"An expert said most pieces were found except the passenger capsule. It was atomized."

I think that tells us what most people already know, Ballard and Cameron certainly knew the moment they both heard the news.

Soldato
Yep, interview with him where he stated he didn’t want the pale, males in their 50s but wanted young, dynamic and diverse engineers.

Takes a lot of balls for a young Engineer to speak out against the company CEO if the thought something wasn’t right, even if they realised. Older engineers in their 50s tend to have the experience to be able to speak out as they’ll often be financially secure and not to have to worry about getting sacked so much.

B&W

B&W

Soldato
So everything inside the pressurised capsule that was instantly depressurised is evaporated into molecules?

Or would there be parts say larger then a finger length?

Soldato
So everything inside the pressurised capsule that was instantly depressurised is evaporated into molecules?

Or would there be parts say larger then a finger length?

Essentially yes - almost everything atomised - it essentially had to survive being squashed in all directions by hundreds of thousands of tons of force, and the pressure cooked at 5000 degrees celsius, and then blown up again at thousands of miles per hour once the implosion bounced back out a few feet.

Basically, not much left, except hardy parts like titanium lumps of metal - the rear of the sub was likely protected by the titanium end cap, and blown away when it happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: B&W
Back
Top Bottom