Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Soldato
I'm not overly familiar with the systems they use but the Poseidons can locate a submarine down 100s of metres just from someone walking clumsily and can detect, but not accurately locate, even down to 1000s of metres.
I can only guess that is magnetic anomaly detection of something that is 1000's tonnes of steel. This sub is mostly glass fibre from the news reports I've heard.

Last edited:
Soldato
20 hours of o2 supposedly.. so their best option is to drop the French ROV over and attach a line unless it's stuck somewhere in the middle of the water column.

I thought they already had the French ROV on site, but it's still several hours away, so presumably they haven't been able to get down to the depths they need to search yet?

Edit : Sounds like there are already other ROVs searching, not sure to what depth though.

Last edited:
Soldato
The fact a top secret industry that spends $800billion a year didn't design their own controller tells you all you need to know about a) how good modern game controllers actually are and b) the cost to achieve a similar result. Sure there's no lives directly on the line for US drone pilots but equally the US air force aren't going to want drones in enemy hands and especially not because of something as stupid as a controller problem.

As I said, there's lots of serious safety issues to lambast the company for but using a controller isn't one of them.
Those drones you see with controller are tiny small recon drones...the full size missile ones use full sim outfits privately developed
Have you even seen the mammoth difference?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom