Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Soldato
I know technology is good now but it took 74 years to find the titanic. I took our government 3 weeks to find a dead body in a river. The sea deserves some respect really but people will never learn.

And I still remember that guy a few years ago, who got his leg stuck in railngs, in rising floodwater in the UK, and he ended up drowning.

Still boggles my mind to this day, how he wasn't able to be rescued.

Soldato
I read somewhere or maybe it was a video that the submersible wasn't certified by any agency and a waiver needed to be signed in case of accidental death? Was it really that bad? I can't imagine someone offering this kinda of service and having to pay x amount (250K i think?) to go down to see the Titanic on something that is potentially unsafe and unfit for purpose.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I read somewhere or maybe it was a video that the submersible wasn't certified by any agency and a waiver needed to be signed in case of accidental death? Was it really that bad? I can't imagine someone offering this kinda of service and having to pay x amount (250K i think?) to go down to see the Titanic on something that is potentially unsafe and unfit for purpose.
The owner's mate pulled out of this trip at the last minute for safety concerns, he's probably counting his stars right now. The video posted above also talks about the safety issues that plagued Titan since 2018.

Soldato
did I hear them in press conference say ROVs with capabilities of depths >4km are arriving tomorrow

what is the seabed like around the Titanic ? does it get deeper or is it pretty flat ?

Soldato
The owner's mate pulled out of this trip at the last minute for safety concerns, he's probably counting his stars right now. The video posted above also talks about the safety issues that plagued Titan since 2018.

I'd be buying the lottery, one lucky escape. Honestly hope they are found, safe and sound. Feeling like this sort of tragedy could have been avoided.

Soldato
did I hear them in press conference say ROVs with capabilities of depths >4km are arriving tomorrow

what is the seabed like around the Titanic ? does it get deeper or is it pretty flat ?

From that documentary i watched Drain the titanic it looks relatively flat. Don't know how accurate the CGI stuff is though.

Soldato
I wonder if they know the sub imploded within the first 2 hours and all this looking for it, and press conferences (which actually say nothing) is to protect the company, coastguard and US Govt from the legal consequences. Look how hard we tried but….
Why waste all those resources. It if did implode, there is no chance of finding anything.

Looks completely muddy on the bed.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I wonder if they know the sub imploded within the first 2 hours and all this looking for it, and press conferences (which actually say nothing) is to protect the company, coastguard and US Govt from the legal consequences. Look how hard we tried but….
There are private and gov outfits out there doing the searching, if it imploded and they found out about it, there's no way the news would be kept hush with that many people from all over the world looking.

Yeah a French sub called Victor is on the way right now, it can dive to 6000M, so a considerable depth beyond where Titanic lies. The USA have yet to give permission (politics?) to deploy the one under their control so the French sent their one.

Back
Top Bottom