Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Caporegime
I suspect there will be film makers just watching the days until they can make a documentary or hollywood horror film.

The issue with 4K down is that a spotlight doesn’t go far so it may take time, plus any currents will carry the corpses.

The corpses will literally be sandwiched between what is left of the sub. I imagine the end caps will still be intact however.

Permabanned
I am well out of my limited technical comfort zone here, but if asked I'd say an IMplosion of a sealed near cylindrical hollow object due to external immense but even pressure would result in a different damage scenario to an EXplosion from internal pressure within such an object with atmospheric pressure around it? Feeling shaky about this, maybe I need to Google...

Man of Honour
possibly a squid with a drum kit.
spongebob-squidward.gif

Soldato
Odd how you've gone that way... I think if anyone is taking the **** they should just be abandoned to their fate. I'm totally fine using state resources if everything was above board.
That is difficult to be honest. Not saying i do not see where you are coming from but then what about mountaineers.......... or skydivers......... or scuba divers, people who go caving or what ever it is called?

i assume you draw a line somewhere and not just literally take - if it is non essential and purely recreational but risky you are totally on your own.

yes going to the titanic is extreme. personally i think the travellers themselves putting a significant chunk of change down to put to the rescue effort in advance, refundable on safe return would at least help cover the cost.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Sky news live commentary with experts with oceangate experience:

Guy in blue confirms that oceangate chose to not get certified because they were operating in intentional waters so there's no law. But the USCG would not allow them to operate in US waters as a result.

before or after the sub has shrunk to a 16th of its size?
Never been so not sure :o

Last edited:
Soldato
That is difficult to be honest. Not saying i do not see where you are coming from but thne what about mountaineers.......... or skydivers......... or scuba divers, people who go caving or what ever it is called?

i assume you draw a line somewhere and not just literally take - if it is non essential and purely recreational but risky you are totally on your own.

yes going to the titanic is extreme. personally i think the travellers themselves putting a significant chunk of change down to put to the rescue effort in advance, refundable on safe return would at least help cover the cost.
In the fields you mention, the equipment used has to be approved and maintained to set standards and the personnel involved have to achieve the required level of certification.

In Ocean Quest’s case, it seems that the CEO and his team CBA’d with any of that safety malarkey.

Soldato
Citation needed

Titan, the submersible craft that went missing with its crew Saturday near the site of the sunken Titanic, was developed with the help of engineers at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville.

The company “worked in consultation with a team of engineers at (NASA Marshall) in Huntsville, Alabama throughout the development and manufacturing of Titan, the world’s only carbon fiber and titanium submersible capable of carrying five crew members to the wreck of the RMS Titanic at 3,800 meters,” OceanGate Expeditions of Everett, Wash., said in a March 9, 2022 announcement. “This achievement marks the beginning of a new era of exploration offering a vast range of opportunities for deep-sea investigation and scientific research.”

The deal worked for both sides because NASA wants strong, light and inflatable vehicles that can survive the vacuum of space on the long voyages to Mars, and OceanGate wants vehicles can survive the pressure of the ocean depths. The two signed their partnership agreement on Feb. 26, 2020.

Associate
just watching Sky news now and the expert they have on says the debris is the landing cage and the rear cover , rest not found and probably never will be :(

Back
Top Bottom