Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Can't wait for Channel 5s touching heart felt documentary about it..titled. "5 men in a tube implode", here's Barry from my local pub to give us his expert opinion.

Last edited:
Indeed that was one of my thoughts, some lawyers are gonna get rich out of this.

Signing a waiver is one thing, but if the craft wasn't fit for purpose or in the state they claimed I think there are going to be all sorts of civil cases incoming.
Yep, things like waiting 8 hours before alerting the coast guard and not having much in the way of rescue equipment on site / back up sub. Unless all of that was also made clear to them in the waiver then I expect that company will be taken to the cleaners.

I hate to be critical but if it was off the bow why did it take so long to find it?
I hate to point out the obvious but it's 4km underwater and 700km from the nearest shore. Boats in general don't travel very fast and boats with dive vessels that can reach 4km deep aren't ten a penny and are not known for their speed.

Last edited:
Indeed that was one of my thoughts, some lawyers are gonna get rich out of this.

Signing a waiver is one thing, but if the craft wasn't fit for purpose or in the state they claimed I think there are going to be all sorts of civil cases incoming.

When you start looking into it you can see how crazy the whole thing was. Only problem is the owner is dead. How can you sue?

He must have conned them all or they were incredibly naive and didn't check what they were getting themselves into.

As I thought the end bells are intact and the carbon fibre hull imploded because it wasn't up to the job.

Back
Top Bottom