• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** TITANX **

What kinda games actually warrant such a expensive card exactly. My 670 does fine at 1080p and a lot at 1440 using DSR etc. I just don't understand why make such expensive cards when cheaper ones are fine. Well OK for 4k maybe but that is such a tiny user base for them resolutions. Also what on earth job do u even need for to be able to just buy one without saving a year or more lol to afford one.

As far as I know, it's a gaming / work station card combined (like the previous Titans), so the price for performance / compute performance is actually quite reasonable. However, since I have no need for a card with that kind of compute capability, there would be no point in considering a purchase.

Last edited:
If I were to get one, I'd be leaning towards the Zotac probably. I've had good experiences with their Nvidia cards in the past, and the price is usually right.

its not about value tho
its about being the fastest
it does that, its more how much faster is it and for how long right?

As much as I would love to get one of these I can't justify spending close to a grand for a graphics card. I will just regret it when in 2 years time it has been relegated to the bargain basement and everyone has moved on.

As far as I know, it's a gaming / work station card combined (like the previous Titans), so the price for performance / compute performance is actually quite reasonable. However, since I have no need for a card with that kind of compute capability, there would be no point in considering a purchase.

They chopped out the 64bit Floating Point, so it's now a very expensive but fast gaming card with too much memory.

Umm just nooo. it's nothing like a compute card that the original Titan was when looking at Dp performance. Fp32 is impressive however Fp64 is turd.
This card is a true 980 gaming card rebadged as a Titan to enable it to command the marked up price.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9059/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x-review/15

Back
Top Bottom