Todays London Stabbing/Shooting

Caporegime
Interesting... Can you guess who wrote this ultra authoritarian piece as quoted below?

Whoever wrote that strikes me as far more of a tyrannical authoritarian than some guy saying [what must be facetiously] to put a GPS in all knives.

Hardly, if his family have done illegal things, they should rightly be taken to task?

Unless you disagree and that law should in fact be different for rich people? Agree that the bankers should have not got justice in 2008?

I have no ability to control the way things run in the US, can only give my opinion on a deeply unpleasant family, currently trying to give nuclear weapons to the same people who forcefully demolished several buildings in 2001.

But you’re well known to be a trumpian regardless of reality, so my opinion on the matter is irrelevant to you anyway. Please do the needful.

Last edited:
Soldato
You do know this is about knife crime?

If you want to bring in murders from other countries, then break the data down so we know ;)

Cool so Florida isn't worse with a much higher murder rate than London because they use guns.

London is a "hell hole" with its far lower murder rate because in your head there is a distinction between murders using knives and murders using guns.

Soldato
Hardly, if his family have done illegal things, they should rightly be taken to task?

Thankfully in a non-authoritarian system we investigate crimes not people. What you propose is to investigate people. You know like Stalin, Mao and a host of other murderous tyrannical dictators.

Unless you disagree and that law should in fact be different for rich people? Agree that the bankers should have not got justice in 2008?

No, definitely not. But what you propose here is not "the law". You are clearly advocating investigating them just because you disagree with them politically and they are giving you a bloody nose. See a crime is investigated, not the person. Again, if you think people should be investigated then by all means lets frog march your parents and if you have them (highly unlikely) your kids to see what they have done.

I have no ability to control the way things run in the US, can only give my opinion on a deeply unpleasant family, currently trying to give nuclear weapons to the same people who forcefully demolished several buildings in 2001.

What are you rabbling on about...? There is interestingly a law called the NNPT. You know a law that prevents a crime not a law that says: Target StriderX because we think there is something.

But you’re well known to be a trumpian regardless of reality, so my opinion on the matter is irrelevant to you anyway. Please do the needful.

And you are an advocate for tyrannical authoritarian police state tactics. But you don't care as it's against someone you disagree with politically, so that's ok

Caporegime
Like they go and buy a knife..,
They take one from mum's kitchen,
If they want to take a life

I listed to any answers on radio 4,
Most of the caller's spoke such rot,
Blaming schools, lack of housing and feminist law

Everyone came over as far too tolerant,
No one blames broken families,
Zero role models or punishment
You should send that to Stormzy. He’ll be all over that.

Soldato
Someone's been out for a 'random' lazy Sunday stabby spree by the looks of things in London.

We need some pop up youth centres quick to fix this...

Soldato
If only a government didn’t remove them all.....

Wasnt there a stabbing at a youth club a few weeks back? xD

Cool so Florida isn't worse with a much higher murder rate than London because they use guns.

London is a "hell hole" with its far lower murder rate because in your head there is a distinction between murders using knives and murders using guns.

Yea but Florida is awesome, london is a dump.

Soldato
OP
Someone's been out for a 'random' lazy Sunday stabby spree by the looks of things in London.

I have more or less given up commenting. It is so common now that it seems just to be a matter of routine.

Another day, Another stabbing!

As Mr Khan might say, Just part of the day-to-day life living in a 21st century city!

:rolleyes:

(I think I would much rather live in a 19th century one really. "Jack" was scary because this sort of thing was actually quite rare back then, nowadays his killing spree would hardly be noticed! :( )

Caporegime
I have more or less given up commenting. It is so common now that it seems just to be a matter of routine.

Another day, Another stabbing!

As Mr Khan might say, Just part of the day-to-day life living in a 21st century city!

:rolleyes:

(I think I would much rather live in a 19th century one really. "Jack" was scary because this sort of thing was actually quite rare back then, nowadays his killing spree would hardly be noticed! :( )

What... it was a time of massaged statistics, media frenzy and a total lack of trust in the police so they never bother reporting it and frankly most of the time no one cared if a loathsome lower class died.

If you really want to return to that, then you’d have to accept that if you’re working class, everyone above should see you as a criminal.

The ripper murders were one such frenzy, the victorians loved the idea of death and sexual delinquency, so it was **** ragged up in the papers for ages because it ticked the outrage box of the time.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah, so much safer back then :rolleyes:

Registered Births: Whitechapel Registration District, 1881-1890

- Male: 12,908
- Female: 12,699
- Total: 25,607

---

Registered Pre-Pentennial Deaths: Whitechapel Registration District, 1881-1890

- Male: 4,211
- Female: 3,789
- Total: 8,000

---

Estimated Pre-Pentennial Mortality: Whitechapel Registration District, 1881-1890

8,000 ÷ 25,607 = 31.24%

Caporegime
Yeah, so much safer back then :rolleyes:

Registered Births: Whitechapel Registration District, 1881-1890

- Male: 12,908
- Female: 12,699
- Total: 25,607

---

Registered Pre-Pentennial Deaths: Whitechapel Registration District, 1881-1890

- Male: 4,211
- Female: 3,789
- Total: 8,000

---

Estimated Pre-Pentennial Mortality: Whitechapel Registration District, 1881-1890

8,000 ÷ 25,607 = 31.24%

Um...how does infant death make somewhere less safe?

Caporegime
Still it’s pointless arguing when,

A. The stats aren’t remotely the same, you can only make assumptions.

B. No one has cited parliamentary papers To make arguments anyway.

C. All sorts of social/mainly classist issues of the time preclude any direct comparison.

You can’t just make a statement that you’d rather live in ******* Victorian Britain because of ‘less crime’ to demonise the current population of London.

Soldato
OP
Yes but infant mortality rates aren't a measure if how safe somewhere is like you proclaimed. They're a measure of health, development and wealth. Life expectancy was artificially low because of high infant mortality rates.

Indeed,

People so much confuse "Mean" life expectancy (At Birth)

With "Median" life expectancy once having reached adulthood.

The classical world is full of people who managed to achieve the "Three scores years and ten"

And provided you survived childhood (The really high risk period), traumatic injury, and battle.

People, in the "Civilized " world, 2000 years ago, would have had pretty much just as much chance of reaching their 60's as people do today.

Caporegime
Indeed,

People so much confuse "Mean" life expectancy (At Birth)

With "Median" life expectancy once having reached adulthood.

The classical world is full of people who managed to achieve the "Three scores years and ten"

And provided you survived childhood (The really high risk period), traumatic injury, and battle.

People, in the "Civilized " world, 2000 years ago, would have had pretty much just as much chance of reaching their 60's as people do today.

This is disengenious, only if you consider the major settlements would you have such a chance of reaching that age. They certainly would not have ‘pretty much the same AVERAGE chance’.

The only way that’d be similar is if you only compared it to the aristocracy, with similar lack of risks. Dependent obv on how close you were to power.

Mothers dying in childbirth and folks dying battlefields, accounting for risks that we barely have now.

Soldato

maybe he is thinking being stabbed to death hurts more? so 10 people shot is worse than 1 person stabbed?

also its less hassle to shoot someone to death so maybe he is thinking its just less hassle to kill someone in Florida so that's some how better..? i mean in the slum that is london if you need to do some murdering its a hole load more work than in florida

Caporegime
Yeah talking about comparing murders in Floria while trying to ignore the firearms deaths is pretty dumb... not as if plenty of the murderers (and people who end up committing GBH or attempted murder) using knives in London wouldn't otherwise use guns if they were more readily available as per Florida. In fact we'd probably have even more deaths too.

Back
Top Bottom