Todays London Stabbing/Shooting

Caporegime
Source?

Because all I could find was that costs have gone up £9 million (https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lon...se-could-have-funded-150-police-a3989706.html) and of course there is a reason for that - Things aren't always black and white.

since Mr Khan became Mayor in May 2016, costs have soared by £9 million to fund a growth in staff

Of the proposed jobs, 59 will be paid for externally or funded by the GLA’s trading arm, GLA Land and Property. Most of the roles are in housing after Mr Khan secured £5 billion in funding for 116,000 affordable homes and set up the Homes for Londoners team.

Would you rather he secure £5 billion pound and not employ more people to manage the fund?

Soldato
Source?

Because all I could find was that costs have gone up £9 million (https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lon...se-could-have-funded-150-police-a3989706.html) and of course there is a reason for that - Things aren't always black and white.

Would you rather he secure £5 billion pound and not employ more people to manage the fund?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-51126716

Staff costs in Boris Johnson's final budget for 2016-17 were £36m, while the proposed budget for 2020-21 under Mr Khan show them to be at £65.5m.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...naction-knife-crime-matched-boundless-vanity/

Soldato
He is a **** mayor. Talks a lot of crap, but does nothing.

Boris also talked a lot of crap but actually improved things during his term.

Caporegime
Was in London over Xmas.

My part has already changed demographic in just 6 years and the associated crime has followed. They used to have to ride a bus or train to come stab, but now they live here.

I didn't hear a single person talking English on their phone on the tube between mile end and Elm park. I joined in and started talking Swedish to the gf. :p

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Was in London over Xmas.

My part has already changed demographic in just 6 years and the associated crime has followed. They used to have to ride a bus or train to come stab, but now they live here.

I didn't hear a single person talking English on their phone on the tube between mile end and Elm park. I joined in and started talking Swedish to the gf. :p
Interesting... it's like you're implying foreign speakers are the ones stabbing everyone, yet I know you're intelligent enough to understand the actual situation. Strange post.

Caporegime
Interesting... it's like you're implying foreign speakers are the ones stabbing everyone, yet I know you're intelligent enough to understand the actual situation. Strange post.

It's 2 separate observations actually !
Hence the break.

The first one is literally just more darker skinned youths. The kind that stab statistically.

Permabanned
I have quickly scanned through various newspaper on line reports of this last murder and despite the police appealing for witnesses to the act and for suspicious behavior before and after, they have given no description whatsoever of the alleged perpetrator. Am I being disingenuous smelling more political correctness here, like when they appealed for witnesses of the man on the train who killed a fellow passenger in front of his young son? Large areas of our capital are now lawless and the murder rate is appalling, yet the mayor has so far not been seen addressing this in anything approaching a robust manner, descriptively or actively. I suspect he fears alienating many of his supporters for furthering of his political career.

Associate
I have quickly scanned through various newspaper on line reports of this last murder and despite the police appealing for witnesses to the act and for suspicious behavior before and after, they have given no description whatsoever of the alleged perpetrator. Am I being disingenuous smelling more political correctness here, like when they appealed for witnesses of the man on the train who killed a fellow passenger in front of his young son? Large areas of our capital are now lawless and the murder rate is appalling, yet the mayor has so far not been seen addressing this in anything approaching a robust manner, descriptively or actively. I suspect he fears alienating many of his supporters for furthering of his political career.

You realise that the homicide rate in London is still lower than in places like Berlin and Amsterdam yeh ? and that despite an increase last year homicide rates are lower than they were in the 90's and early 2000's.

149 murders in 2019, among a population of 8.9 million and there are still clowns like you trying to make out the city is a lawless hellhole where everyone worries about getting shanked.

Soldato
He is a **** mayor. Talks a lot of crap, but does nothing.

Boris also talked a lot of crap but actually improved things during his term.

I lived in central London while Boris was in charge and would love to know exactly how you think he improved things in his term.

People have been on Khan's case since the day he was elected. He came in after London had been starved of resources since 2008 crash and Boris getting into office. Yet all the problems are Khan's fault, all the stabbing are his fault, all the crime is his fault. Didn't see everyone blaming Boris when kids were getting stabbed. The simple fact is the mayor has a very limited control on the MET budget. Less police on the streets means more crime, less money spent on social projects tends to lead to more crime. A recession when times are hard especially for the poorest in society tends to mean more crime. I'm not making excuses for the little scum bags who are committing the crime but blaming Khan is ridiculous. If he had control of 100% of the MET budget then he could shoulder the blame.

Soldato
Khan did stuff like scrapping "stop and search", because it's apparently "racist" and the police were targeting young black men...

But it turns out they were doing most of the stabbing and stabbing afterall.

Permabanned
You realise that the homicide rate in London is still lower than in places like Berlin and Amsterdam yeh ? and that despite an increase last year homicide rates are lower than they were in the 90's and early 2000's.

149 murders in 2019, among a population of 8.9 million and there are still clowns like you trying to make out the city is a lawless hellhole where everyone worries about getting shanked.

So if you were the London Mayor you would tell the public all is OK, we are under the rate of homicides in Sao Paulo and I am doing a great job? Being better than the worst is hardly a good measure now is it? Do you suggest no robust or possibly incendiary action should be taken because we have not yet reached a comparative low?

Soldato
Khan did stuff like scrapping "stop and search", because it's apparently "racist" and the police were targeting young black men...

But it turns out they were doing most of the stabbing and stabbing afterall.

I'm fairly certain the police wanted to stop using it as they said it didn't work. Also academic studies show it has a marginal effect at best. We all want criminals off the streets, especially ones carrying weapons with the intent to use them. Randon stop and search might pick up some but it will pick up far more for petty things like possession of some weed. More police on the streets are what is needed and central gov slashed police numbers across the UK. No surprise that crime jumps when the people who are employed to help prevent and catch crime/criminals are no longer available to serve us.

https://academic.oup.com/bjc/article/58/5/1212/4827589

Oh and what were the good things that Boris did again?

Man of Honour
More resources? Khan is the definition of waste and bloat, hes increased his staff wage bill by almost 30million a year more than Boris, sent TFLs budget deficit into a freefall, rolls his eyes on camera when challenged about being tough on crime. The list of his failings are endless, but yeah let's just give him more cash to waste on campaigns for more female wikipedia editors LOL. What a joke.

TFLs budget has been hit by a combination of one of the biggest investments in London's transport for decades, fare freezes (although you could argue this boosts london and the UK's economy), crossrail delays, and a cut of almost £600m a year in government funding. Their operating deficit has halved under him.

Back
Top Bottom