Todays London Stabbing/Shooting

Caporegime
And for all we know their could have been a squad car near by that would have got there...

But sure let's just film some armed thugs, moan about, cry out 'something needs to be done' but then do absolutely nothing about it and then even make excuses for such a lack of inaction.

Pretty much proves my point that society as a whole has created this mess.
A bit dramatic.
Because 1 person doesn't ring in something doesn't mean the other 99 don't. We can speculate all we want about a 30 second video clip. I do get your point, im not being obtuse for the sake of it, social media has ruined a lot of people priorities, but its not the end of society as we know it.
As someone else said, that video is valuable evidence.

Soldato
And for all we know their could have been a squad car near by that would have got there...

But sure let's just film some armed thugs, moan about, cry out 'something needs to be done' but then do absolutely nothing about it and then even make excuses for such a lack of inaction.

Pretty much proves my point that society as a whole has created this mess.
Lol.

Permabanned
It would take a tough guy to make a report on a lawless neighbour seen shooting at people in broad daylight in the street, if they were promised anonymity would that be sufficient to risk themselves and their family to retribution if it leaked out they had made the call? These are ruthless people with zero respect for law and order, but having said all that, whoever published the video must have already left themselves open to little doubt as to where the footage was taken from. We now live in a time of unparalleled disrespect for law and order by none politically motivated miscreants, with little sign that even when caught a full sentence will be issued and completed. It must be approaching an appropriate time to change the thread title to this hour's

Soldato
My understanding is that they have small groups of armed police in vans at strategic locations ready to go at a moments notice,

As with any force in the UK, ARVs are on patrol 24/7 but they're not just sitting waiting to go (although in London chances are they're going from firearms job to firearms job constantly anyway). How many ARVs a given area has will depend on the force, for some it can be pitifully low and if you're in a rural location you might never see one.

I think they're usually in cars, three police officers in each vehicle. The City of London police seems to have a bunch of BMW M5s for their ARVs.

Three for MPS and possibly CoLP, two for most other forces. No M5s, plenty of diesel X5s though as they get them cheap.

Caporegime
Not sure why I wrote M5 there, I did actually mean the SUV type BMWs... used to walk past the back of their garages most lunch times in the city.

Soldato
Jodie Chesney murder trial

I don't understand that they don't seem to have put forward in this case, that the fact she was illegally smoking Cannabis, may have been contributory in her mistaken identity as a target/victim - obviously by no means justifies the act ... did I miss something ?

Man of Honour
Caporegime
"Lost control"? Is Mayor Khan secretly Batman or something?

He's been calling for more police investment/resources since he started but the conservative government were unwilling to give him anything.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Implementing stop and search these days might be much less risk to community relations than back in the day as these groups are much more multicultural and widespread. Now hopefully it'll be see as attacking this culture rather than just profiling.

Is Mayor Khan secretly Batman or something?
oUU0Aij.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-london-51171184

This is very scary as my train travels to Seven Sisters on it's way to Liverpool Street. I don't want to get to political but the Mayor really has lost control of his city and seems completely inept or unwilling to do what it takes to stop the violence.

Doesn't sound like the usual gang related stuff nor anything that would affect bystanders/random members of the public.

"The parties are believed to be known to each other and the group are within the Sikh community," he added.

Sabih Qureshi, who lives in the area, told the BBC he had seen seven or eight men "fighting each other" in the same place on Saturday, which he believed was "linked for sure".

He said: "They were saying 'I will kill you', and the person was saying 'ok kill me'. For sure it was linked."

After seeing the three "badly injured" men following the attack, Mr Qureshi said he and several others tried to help and give them CPR.

Some sort of inter family feud?

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Some sort of inter family feud?
No, it was over unpaid wages. Apparently they'd been drinking for a few hours in a restaurant and then had the argument which spilled outside.

Mr Pali, who is well known in the Ilford community, said a group of around 10 men spent Sunday afternoon drinking in the Delhi O Delhi restaurant, which is located opposite to where the attack took place.

He said: 'The argument was all over money for unpaid work. That happens a lot around here because we have a lot of immigrants from India who work as builders.'

'They started arguing inside the restaurant and were very drunk. They had been drinking whisky for several hours. The row was all over some of the group being angry at the others over the fact that they had not been paid for a job.

'The argument then continued as they came out of the restaurant. You could hear lots of screaming and shouting and then all hell broke loose with one of the men pulling out a knife and attacking the others.'

I was unfortunate enough to be sent the videos from the bystanders, what a horrific mess and waste.

Soldato
Its too late to tackle this really. Its a lost cause and now with us leaving the EU and all eyes focus on getting a crap deal with the EU members fo trade etc, our government and law have next to no time and money to invest in tackling issues that are right on our doorsteps, Not just in london but the whole of the UK.

Caporegime
So Khan has "lost control" of a pay dispute?

Whole country is suffering from lack of policing. I can see it in my own area in Essex. I blame the government of the last 10 years who cut the police force to the bone.

Soldato
"Lost control"? Is Mayor Khan secretly Batman or something?

He's been calling for more police investment/resources since he started but the conservative government were unwilling to give him anything.
More resources? Khan is the definition of waste and bloat, hes increased his staff wage bill by almost 30million a year more than Boris, sent TFLs budget deficit into a freefall, rolls his eyes on camera when challenged about being tough on crime. The list of his failings are endless, but yeah let's just give him more cash to waste on campaigns for more female wikipedia editors LOL. What a joke.

Back
Top Bottom