Today's mass shooting in the US

Associate
Why don't you tell the whole story?
Or even get it right?

"The incident began when the boy's father threatened restaurant employees with a gun in the drive-thru because his order was messed up. When officers arrived, they began detaining the man when his 4-year-old boy grabbed his gun and shot at officers. "

What important info is in your description that Rroff left out ? The only extra information you have posted is thatthe dad threatened the employees with the gun ? Who cares ? That sounds pretty standard for the US lol. The mad bit is a 4 year old getting a gun and shooting at cops.

Soldato
So the mad bit isn't a four year old getting a gun and shooting at cops. got it.

Please explain why Rrof not including the detail about thefather threatning employees with a gun is important ? Do you think everyone is assuming the 4 year old carries a glock with him everywhere he goes ?

By your reply it's obvious you haven't seen the video or done any home work on this matter.
I suggest you do. And don't speak for me ever.

If one wants to post about things. Then why not post everything instead a of side view.
Or is it posted like this for things like you. Have a fun and happy day in your ALT world :)

Soldato
"Armed 'hero' stopped mass shooter at Indiana mall"
"Many more people would have died during a mass shooting in the US state of Indiana on Sunday night if not for the "heroic" actions of a bystander who stopped the gunman, police have said."

Commissario
"Armed 'hero' stopped mass shooter at Indiana mall"
"Many more people would have died during a mass shooting in the US state of Indiana on Sunday night if not for the "heroic" actions of a bystander who stopped the gunman, police have said."

And for once the police didn't shoot the good guy! (unlikes the multiple previous occasions where a good guy with a gun has disarmed/shot the bad guy and then been shot by the police when they arrived)

So that's one occassion vs how many dozens of others?

Man of Honour
OP
Why don't you tell the whole story?
Or even get it right?

"The incident began when the boy's father threatened restaurant employees with a gun in the drive-thru because his order was messed up. When officers arrived, they began detaining the man when his 4-year-old boy grabbed his gun and shot at officers. "

Eh? where did I get something wrong?

The entire incident doesn't really matter in this case - the crazy bit was the officers having to deal with a situation where a 4 year old had got hold of a gun without it ending tragically one way or another.

Caporegime
Because you didn't explicitly tell the forum that a man, who was being detained and whose 4 year old son decides it's a good idea to shoot at police officers, was a horrible person.

It's not like we could infer that from his sons actions....

Man of Honour
OP
Because you didn't explicitly tell the forum that a man, who was being detained and whose 4 year old son decides it's a good idea to shoot at police officers, was a horrible person.

It's not like we could infer that from his sons actions....

End of the day the only bit of the story I was trying to highlight was the horrificness of the part of the situation where police had to try and deal with a 4 year old with a gun without it ending tragically with either one of the police hurt or killed trying to disarm the kid and/or prevent someone else getting shot i.e. the people in the restaurant the gun was pointed towards or having to make a decision to shoot at a 4 year old to end the situation.

Which sadly happens far too often in the US one way or another.

Permabanned
End of the day the only bit of the story I was trying to highlight was the horrificness of the part of the situation where police had to try and deal with a 4 year old with a gun without it ending tragically with either one of the police hurt or killed trying to disarm the kid and/or prevent someone else getting shot i.e. the people in the restaurant the gun was pointed towards or having to make a decision to shoot at a 4 year old to end the situation.

Which sadly happens far too often in the US one way or another.

I think I am right in saying there's no such word as horrificness. But I wouldn't bet much money on my conviction :)

I'm afraid that's my main interest in the matter being discussed. The Yanks pull a trigger with as much forethought as I might point a finger.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate

The behaviour of some of those cops is deplorable, in the leaked cctv there was even a cop casually checking his cellphone while the shooter was in the other room down the hallway

GD all over, so the deplorable cop seen checking his phone is the same cop in this video being stopped from entering the classroom, he'd been in contact with his wife just prior to your linked video, he was then disarmed and taken away from the scene by other police.

Ruiz aside with the equipment between the others the response was very very poor.

Soldato
The behaviour of some of those cops is deplorable, in the leaked cctv there was even a cop casually checking his cellphone while the shooter was in the other room down the hallway
His wife was a teacher in that school, she was ultimately shot and killed, it's completely understandable why he briefly checked his phone as they had been in communication. It wasn't as if he was playing candy crush. Even if she wasn't inside, it's still understandable why he would check a communication device in such a dynamic situation. Police use their phones all the time over there, remember their radio comms are public, phone calls/texts aren't.

Yes it's the same officer.

Soldato
His wife was a teacher in that school, she was ultimately shot and killed, it's completely understandable why he briefly checked his phone as they had been in communication.
Yes I know the story, I didn't realise he was the same guy in the cctv checking his phone though, doesn't really excuse them for not entering sooner though, apparently his wife died on route to the hospital because they took so long to enter the room the shooter was in

Back
Top Bottom