Today's mass shooting in the US

Caporegime
Oh dear.

o1t7ty.jpg

Remember kids, virtue signalling can be hazardous to your credibility!

Soldato
Taking away the "tools" of school shooters might be a better start.

We don't know who the school shooters are, the only way to make sure it couldn't happen again would be to remove everyone's guns in America and make them really hard to get, that isn't going to happen. Pragmatic and realistic solutions to reducing the chance a school shooting can happen and/or be successful probably is a better start than trying to confiscate millions of firearms.

Soldato
If you're going to have the death penalty the Parkland shooter seems like exactly the sort of person it should be used on - heinous crime, and absolutely no doubt he's the one that did it... Oh well.

We've just learned that jury foreman Benjamin Thomas told CBS Miami that three of the 12 jurors voted to spare the gunman.

Thomas said one juror had been a “hard no” on executing the gunman, because she believed he was mentally ill. Thomas said that two other jurors ultimately came to the same decision.

When asked how he felt about the victims families' disappointment, Thomas said: "I fully understand. It didn’t go the way I would’ve liked or the way I voted, but that’s how the jury system works - everybody gets to vote, everybody gets to decide."

I think at some level anyone who commits crimes like that must be 'mentally ill', even if some of them hide it better than others. Doesn't necessarily mean they're less responsible though.

Last edited:
Soldato
"Children, can we all gather in the hall for this morning's Spray & Pray".

Until quite recently it was common for American teens to take their guns to school. They even had gun safety lessons.

Plus 'gun safety for children usa 1960s' into your search engine and look at the images that come up.

Caporegime
5 dead in North Carolina. Just another Thursday, I guess.

Until quite recently it was common for American teens to take their guns to school.

By 'recently' you mean 60 years ago. Not exactly 'recent.' Moreover, the only kids taking guns to school were the kids in the gun clubs (as very small percentage of the school population) and they were required to hand in their firearms to the teacher upon arrival. School gun clubs dwindled following the introduction of the Gun Control Act of 1968, which made it illegal to sell firearms to anyone under the age of 18.

The NRA endorsed this legislation at the time, but by the 1990s it was claiming the Act was 'draconian.'

They even had gun safety lessons.

Now you're getting it.

Plus 'gun safety for children usa 1960s' into your search engine and look at the images that come up.

Interesting you should mention the 60s, since that was the period in which the US government pushed for a bunch of gun control laws due to rising firearm violence. Perhaps not coincidentally, it was the same period that saw significant political unrest, and a bunch of school shootings.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom