Tom Clancy's "Jack Ryan" - Amazon Prime TV Show - ETA 2018

Caporegime
And he'd been shot and should have been much slower. That bit was so stupid I must have ranted about it for three minutes solid.

Yup, pretty much every chase was terrible,

later on at the petrol station guy was out of bullets and yet he started firing blindly rather than walking over and shooting at him letting him get away again. Also how many times is a guy running directly away from him that he can't hit just for the sake of writing. Lots of guys shooting at each other, ducking out of the way, guy moving side to side, difficult shot. Guy not shooting back running directly away, that's a damn easy shot.

Also was she still wearing her bullet proof vest, I can't remember and not going back to check but she was in there for a while and that cop would have seen her. He just came straight out and shot her with no warning when she's facing away from him.

Then lastly, he 'wins' the fight in the barn, and stands there with his gun on him, while he crawls, stands up then draws on him where he's magically got bullets again, even though if he had bullets he could have killed Ryan the second he walked through the door but he decides to attack him hand to hand.

Why wouldn't Ryan scream at him not to move, why not shoot him in the arm while he's crawling, why not go over and and restrain him, nope just watch then kill him for absolutely no reason.

If they wanted him dead then why not have him killed in the hand to hand fight, his gun is empty, the only way to survive is to bash his skull in or something along those lines, there was just no reason to write it like that.

In fact, urrrgggh, I was raging pretty much that entire two episodes.

I remember seeing some early review in which they literally called it the perfect show. The person who wrote it was either well paid or a complete and utter idiot.

Like I said, these things are insanely frustrating because it's got a great cast and the basis for being brilliant but they wrote the action badly to keep chases going rather than just let various characters get caught, die/questioned and let that be the foundation of their leaps forward in the investigation. It's mostly good writing with this odd awful moments for no reason.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Thought the show was excellent. A few unrealistic parts but the cast and story was good. Definitely one of the better shows this year and also topped the latest movies.. Can't wait for the next season.

Man of Honour
1st episode only so far. I'll keep watching it.

But, as a Clancy fan there's more than a few bits that make be cringe... Overall though, yeah it's ok.

Soldato
Finished it last night, even though it's only 8 episodes I feel like they could have increased the pacing and got the story done in 6, it felt really slow at times.

Few little errors here and there but nothing that would stop you enjoying the story.

Will be watching if it gets a s2.

Man of Honour
Maybe I wasn't paying attention but I thought the kids were communicating in a mixture of Arabic and English at the start then suddenly they are using French with the game? obviously their dad has a French upbringing and it isn't completely uncommon in use in that part of the world but seemed inconsistent.

Man of Honour
Finished it last night, even though it's only 8 episodes I feel like they could have increased the pacing and got the story done in 6, it felt really slow at times.

Few little errors here and there but nothing that would stop you enjoying the story.

Will be watching if it gets a s2.

2nd season was commissioned in April.

Man of Honour
Its quite surprising when you look at the actors who have played Jack Ryan on the screen, Harrison Ford, Alec Baldwin, Ben Affleck, Chris Pine, its not a half bad list really.

Soldato
I’m on the 4th episode and enjoying it but there is one major annoyance for me.....

Far too many coincidences of Ryan being in the right place at the right time. For instance the petrol station in the Alps.

Last edited:
Soldato
Definitely not perfect but I enjoyed it, a bit 24 vs Homeland.

Dr Cathy was annoyingly wooden in her performance but my only gripe.

Back
Top Bottom