Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Revealed

My 1st experience of online multiplayer gaming came with the original rainbow six on MS Zone (anyone remember it?) , and I've been hooked ever since :)

Playing with 28k and 56k modems with a host on ISDN, good fun times but expensive on the phone bill.

Signed up and thanks for letting us know I almost forgot about this game and I hope its more like the older rainbowsix's but ubisoft will probably destroy it :(

Last edited:
They did ask if you met the minimum, however they could have scanned or asked to submit one of those dxgig reports since the requirements are above average.
I signed up from my work PC, which is not the PC I'll be playing on, and doesn't meet the minimum specs. Checking hardware at install would be a better way of doing it.

Signed up, thanks!

Loved Rainbow 6 Vegas even though it was such a change from the older games which I also loved. Agree with others though, UBI do not have a good recent track record with their titles so thankfully the Alpha/Beta means I won't have to waste money if they messed it up.

Been waiting for a good Rainbow Six game since the original and Rouge Spear.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Raven Shield - that was good if it was the one that introduced opening doors with your mouse wheel :)

Last edited:
I wasn't overly excited by that :(

The baricade mechanic also appears to be kinda pointless.
It seems super quick to put up and super easy to knock down.

There's no risk and reward in putting them up.

I do like the revive mechanic.

Maps seem exceedingly claustrophobic, which I appreciate is the point, but that doesn't make it a good point.

It's early Alpha and it has a good pedigree, so I've far from written it off, but I'm less excited after seeing that.

Hopefully will get in on the closed Alpha and see for myself.

Heart skipped a beat when I saw 'Rogue Spear' referenced, and then the airplane map.....then the gameplay began. Dear lord. Somebody please make a decent tactical shooter again :(

Back
Top Bottom