Top 5 series of all time

This one of those threads where all posters should put their age. Looking at the responses, I'd be surprised if any are over 25.

M

Considerably over 25, I picked Dallas as one of mine and I well remember the first ever episode of that being screened for the first time in the uk, which was certainly much further back than 25 years :D

This one of those threads where all posters should put their age. Looking at the responses, I'd be surprised if any are over 25.

M

Age doesn't really have much to do with it. There's just been so much quality TV over the last 10 years.

Plus, most TV series 'back in the day' are quite accessible via the Internet, DVD etc, so again, i wouldn't say age is a massive factor.

Last edited:
1. The Wire
2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
3. Babylon 5
4. The Office UK
5. Band of Brothers

People sometimes argue about the lack of older TV shows in these lists. Those old shows very rarely hold up when you watch them now unless you give them nostalgia bonuses. There are some shows that just about stand the test of time but realistically speaking most of those old shows are really quite terrible by today's standards. That's not to say they aren't better than most of the shows in TV right now as 99.8% of TV is pure garbage. But since we're talking about the best shows, it's a bit different matter.

Last edited:
1. Peep Show
2. The Sopranos
3. Band Of Brothers
4. Weeds
5. How I met your mother

How has no one posted weeds (that I've noticed)?!!1

I have all of this downloaded but keep putting off watching it :p

Arrested Development
& True Blood are priority for now :)

Back
Top Bottom