Top 5 series of all time

Associate
In no order:

1. Band of Brothers
2. The Prisoner (Original)
3. The Professionals
4. Dad's Army
5. The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin

Bit of a toughie, a few others were close to going in there.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Honestly if you've not watched all of the shows I've mentioned then no wonder you're putting things down like Vampire Diaries, Buffy, Lost and House.

I havn't got round to wire and shield, altho i've seen a few eps. However you cant seriously be suggesting that every1 has to think the same way as you? all of the shows you've said are "real life" .... Vampire diaries, lost, stargate etc are sci-fi.... that comment doesn't make any sence?

Soldato
OP
reason..

Must admit to wondering how South Park can make it into anybodies top 50 let alone top 5, but I guess each to their own.

South parks take and portrayal of the world is by far the best i've seen, they manage to take a serious subject and break it down in to the most stupid of ways. The last funny one that only guys seemed to understand was the ep about tiger wood’s infidelity…………. “Hmmmm … Why would an extremely rich and famous man want to cheat on his wife?” follow by eyes rolling towards the woman in the room to make them selfs looks good… CLASSIC!!

South part has a deeper meaning that face value… I for one love trying to work out what it is!

Associate
In no order:

1. House of cards - Absolutely brilliant 3 part political thriller starring Ian Richardson (1990). Highly recommended.

2. Simpsons - Quite simply the finest American comedy series.

3. Star Trek TNG - In my view the jewel in the crown of modern Star Trek.

4. BSG (remake) - It wavered in quality in places but is one of the few modern series to actually make political comment on current events.

5. Fawlty Towers - Still reckoned to be the most perfectly written sitcom ever and still used as an example of perfect comic timing.

Man of Honour
It is an irony that Fawlty Towers, one of britains greatest sitcoms , would probably never even be made today due to being deemed too "politically incorrect".

Associate
It is an irony that Fawlty Towers, one of britains greatest sitcoms , would probably never even be made today due to being deemed too "politically incorrect".

All too true sadly, somehow I don't think the BBC would be comfortable broadcasting a comedy series where a Spanish waiter is referred to as a "daft dago"!

Associate
1. SG1
2. Battlestar
3. Red Dwarf
4. X-files
5. Jericho

That said i could easly add another 5 to that list

(So i will)

6. Ds9
7. 24
8. Arrested Development
9. Simpsons (series 2-8)
10. Doctor Who (new one)

Jericho was fantastic and had a big following, was a shame it ended though. My top 5?

1)Star trek (can't pick a favourite, all are good in their own right including enterprise!)
2)Spooks
3)Doctor Who
4)The Unit
5)Jericho

Soldato
Top five American series
Band Of Brothers
The Sopranos
Nip Tuck
The X Files
The Simpsons

Top five English series
Steptoe And Son
Only Fools And Horses
Till Death Us Do Part
Shameless
Peep Show

That was tough as there are many others I love like The IT Crowd, Fawlty Towers for example.

Associate
In no particular order

Star Fleet
Babylon 5
Land of the Giants (This is through rose-tinted glasses)
Red Dwarf (1-6)
Star Trek (Most, if not all of the incarnations)

could have easily had Seinfeld on that list :) oh and Dexter.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not enough people have watched The West Wing clearly!!

1) The West Wing
2) Band of Brothers
3) Lost
4) Firefly
5) Chuck

I got the feeling I am missing something..

Honourable mention to Hustle, Buffy + Angel, Alias, 24, Smallville, Family Guy and American Dad.

Back
Top Bottom