Tower block fire - london

Soldato
That was quite chilling hearing the sounds when the Queen was there. I felt as uncomfortable as the Queen when she heard the grief.
The whole thing is difficult to see, even pictures of the tower block make me feel a bit sick. Just heard a fireman being interviewed on Sky, that was harrowing.

Associate
and here we go, rent a mob out in force. the below care of the bbc.

45e22ec0-90e8-47af-af08-c2cd599ecdbf.jpg

lets see how long before the antifa and other black clad idiots show up and smash a few windows.

Funny too that at the height of there worry and searching for missing friends family etc they have the time to pop down to screwfix and buy a megaphone..

V F

V F

Soldato
The whole thing is difficult to see, even pictures of the tower block make me feel a bit sick. Just heard a fireman being interviewed on Sky, that was harrowing.

Yeah, I saw that interview not that long ago. I can also understand where the fireman is coming from as they'll also try and pin the blame on the firefighters.

Soldato
Or because there is no evidence of any UK non cladded tower block building burning like this?

To compare it would have to be a pretty like for like scenario. Same ignition. Same layout. Same wind. Same materials bar the cladding. Same level (or lack of) fire suppression available.

Simply saying no flat w/o cladding hasn't burnt down like this doesn't necessarily mean cladding is solely to blame.

However, it does appear it played a big part.

Associate
Losing sympathy for 30+ dead people? wow how very nice of you.

I dont think anyone here is losing sympathy for the people that have lost there lives or the family / friends of the victims..

What people are losing sympathy over is the quite obvious political posturing by certain groups that are trying to hijack this terrible event and twist it to there own agenda.

But if there is widespread disorder this weekend i fear that sympathy will evaporate. as bad as that sounds

Soldato
Oh please don't retract your obvious sympathy for the residents balky12!

You picked a quote that had no relevance to anything? To highlight my sympathy? Thanks for the input I guess.

I just stated, in the quote you picked on, that if the residents had the option of improving the block aesthetically or leaving it as it was, most if not all would have chosen to improve it.

Meaning that the improved aesthetics were not done just for the benefit of those surrounding it.

Soldato
Yeah, I saw that interview not that long ago. I can also understand where the fireman is coming from as they'll also try and pin the blame on the firefighters.

sadly they already are- look at the comments on here about inflatable mate for jumpers.

ignoring the reality that the poor ******** are heroes even thinking about trying to tackle such a blaze. i remember the original video with a lone fireman trying to fight the inferno and thinking "crazy *******, so brave and yet so powerless"

V F

V F

Soldato
I dont think anyone here is losing sympathy for the people that have lost there lives or the family / friends of the victims..

What people are losing sympathy over is the quite obvious political posturing by certain groups that are trying to hijack this terrible event and twist it to there own agenda.

But if there is widespread disorder this weekend i fear that sympathy will evaporate. as bad as that sounds

Yet some people cannot seem to work that out? Instead keep preaching fascists and authoritarians. :o

Soldato
Lets be honest,

1) Sprinklers and or fire suppression devices should be mandatory for all high rise buildings
2) Loud alarm systems should be mandatory for all high rise buildings

These are two ridiculously obvious things that haven't been implemented either due to not being a requirement via standards or the lack of care.. Somebody should be held accountable if the measures weren't met, and if they where then whoever agreed on the standards should be questioned as to why these weren't requirements.

Soldato
To compare it would have to be a pretty like for like scenario. Same ignition. Same layout. Same wind. Same materials bar the cladding. Same level (or lack of) fire suppression available.

Simply saying no flat w/o cladding hasn't burnt down like this doesn't necessarily mean cladding is solely to blame.

However, it does appear it played a big part.

We don't need to compare with one specific previous example, I'm asking in all fire incidents in the history of UK fire incidents for un cladded tower blocks have we seen an outcome vaguely similar?

There is likely a reason the fire services got the advice massively wrong re staying put!

Soldato
Lets be honest,

1) Sprinklers and or fire suppression devices should be mandatory for all high rise buildings
2) Loud alarm systems should be mandatory for all high rise buildings

These are two ridiculously obvious things that haven't been implemented either due to not being a requirement via standards or the lack of care.. Somebody should be held accountable if the measures weren't met, and if they where then whoever agreed on the standards should be questioned as to why these weren't requirements.

for sure, the fire alarm system didn't function, and someone's responsible, for all i care they should face the charge of manslaughter for every single person who died in this tragedy.

Back
Top Bottom