Towers of Midnight

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Anyone else excited about the release of book 13 in the Wheel of Time series? Only a few months left! I think I will be rereading The Gathering Storm in anticipation. :)

Soldato
No Wheel of Time fans then?

Well there's me. :D

Also yes I am definitely looking forward to ToM, pre ordered it at Waterstones last week. I actually just finished re reading TGS, hopefully if ToM is half as good as that it will be amazing.

Sanderson is doing a brilliant job so far.

Last edited:
Associate
Really looking forward to it, The Gathering Storm was excellent. Just wish Jordan had managed to keep up to the pace of his earlier books and he might have got them finished, not that Sanderson hasn't done a very good job a capturing his style mostly.

Probably not going to pre-order it, but will be walking into Waterstones on it's release day.

Associate
I've yet to read The Gathering Storm as I intend to wait until i have the final 2 books, but its a stunning story !

Soldato
That reminds me, where the hell is my Amazon pre-order hmm....

Edit: I'll wait for it to arrive since it is cheaper there. I am just finishing off the latest Raymond E Feist books anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a huge fan. Looking forward to getting it on asap :) I just want to know what happens with Rand..i.e. when he (if he) gets his sense of humor back and chillaxing a bit. i have a feeling it will be the last book...so T-Minues another 13 months :(

- Pea0n

Soldato
Finally got around to reading Towers of Midnight over Christmas and it's another enthralling and entertaining instalment in the series. While a little slow to start (I always find myself confused at just what the hell is going on when I start these books, particularly when Tam seems to be in two places at once) it really picked up the pace before turning into a bit of a rollercoaster at the end. They really took their time rescuing Moraine and I was beginning to think that particular thread was going to run into another book and I would have preferred more Rand but there's just so much going on I guess it's hard to fit everything in.

Can't believe it's all nearly over and I'm not really sure if I do want it to end, after all that it's taken to get to the conclusion it would be nice to have the story continue to cover the aftermath especially since Aviendha's proving detailed some interesting events occuring afterwards. Regardless of whether I want it to end or not I really cannot wait for the 14h book, I've it pre-ordered already :D

Permabanned
Fantastic series that I've been reading since 1990.

I fully expect the series to continue with side novels long after the final instalment of the main sequence.

Soldato
I fully expect the series to continue with side novels long after the final instalment of the main sequence.

I doubt that personally, what with Jordan gone and Sanderson writing from what Jordan had already outlined, I don't see Jordan's wife allowing it unless he had intended to do so himself or had them already outlined.

Last edited:
Soldato
Especially since Sanderson has a new series of books coming out, busying reading the 1st, just hope the last book in the WoT series isnt too long away.

It's going to be ~February 2012 according to Sanderson.

I am quite happy to wait as long as he thinks he needs, it's a series I've been reading for nearly 10 years and a story I am very passionate about, the idea of the series ending upsets me however it has to at some point and I would much rather wait for Sanderson to do it the justice it deserves.

Not to mention the fact we've had 5 books in last 12 years, 2 in the last year, I can deal with a few months.

Last edited:
Soldato
The problem with wiating is that the story isnt as fresh and means re reading the last 12 books again, and by again i mean ive re read them quite a bit usually when there is a lull and a new 1 is released, so about 11 times ive re read them so far.

Back
Top Bottom