Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
I know someone on SAYE in autumn 2008. They closed it for cash and bought BARC at 70p think it was and it kept falling but worked out ok though they didnt sell for 300p like they could have. The SAYE price fix was way too high because it was 2008 crash but you dont have to take it if its as I remember.

BP sold, something about like climbing Everest when its over 500 I think I could buy it cheaper in future 490 was a good low recently. I think RDSB is doing ok, accumulate not a sell but I dont think BP is massively negative either just for the past decade over 500 hasnt been bad place to sell.
on NYSE sell 40 buy 30 ideally I think theres a range. Theres reasons to be bullish energy going forward most likely

Last edited:
Soldato
I keep trying to tell myself that I'm getting my shares cheap at the moment... but is anyone's portfolio in the green?
My work shares (single company) are down 17% percent, but they are heavily incentivise, some being free shares after a time period, some being pre-tax reduction, some being fixed priced at a set time.
My Vanguard is down 4% and my personal T212 is down 9%, I dare not loging to my penisons at the moment.. :(

Just need to keep on trucking...

I'm up 5.93% over the last 6 months and 12.91% YTD.

Took 10k profit about a week before the latest share sale so got pretty lucky with timing there.

Soldato
I'm significantly down.
My fault for some "risks".

Learnt my lesson. Just trackers now.
I'm down horribly over the last 2 weeks but it's just a reflection of the wider world. I'm not particularly concerned.

Fortunately, I'm not in anything too wild. BP, BA., RR, GAW, NXT, NVDA, INTC amongst others.

No micro caps. Limited small caps. No resources.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm writing the rest of this year off.
Too many risky tech stocks that hopefully will recover in the long term but who knows. It's not a huge amount but in hindsight, I didn't have to take the risks. A couple of good potential holidays down the pan :p oh well.

Soldato
Anyone else in Kodal Minerals?

Funding package for Joint venture chinese mining giant complete, Just awaiting transfer of funds. Got in this one mega cheap a few years back, potentially life changing. Just wondered if anyone else is enjoying the ride up.

Soldato
Anyone else in Kodal Minerals?

Funding package for Joint venture chinese mining giant complete, Just awaiting transfer of funds. Got in this one mega cheap a few years back, potentially life changing. Just wondered if anyone else is enjoying the ride up.
Got a very small holding - 200k shares - up 63% from purchase price.

Soldato
Got a very small holding - 200k shares - up 63% from purchase price.
I've got just under 3 mill shares with AVG of 0.4p

When the funding hits the bank and they get a resource upgrade, it may run well with other new throughout the next 6 months. Currently it's my best performing stock in my portfolio this year.

Soldato
I've got just under 3 mill shares with AVG of 0.4p

When the funding hits the bank and they get a resource upgrade, it may run well with other new throughout the next 6 months. Currently it's my best performing stock in my portfolio this year.
Very big minerals, so you put £1.2 million into this company or I totally misread this.

Soldato
SMT continues it's downwards spiral.... Still holding but it's not fun just now....
Same here. Along with a few other funds I've invested in. Tbh I've started buying again on the basis that only world war 3 is going to make things any worse than they are and then I prob won't be needing a pension!
I've lost 37% on SMT but I decided just to hold for now as it was always a long term play as most of their investments are also. The only upside for me at present is the tax benefit of the SIPP which is just about offsetting my losses!

Back
Top Bottom