Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

I opened S&S ISA with T212 along with the Cash ISA yesterday, liking it so far, I've created an investment pie and have set it to buy some daily as there are no fees on trades, so I can drip feed in things.

My pie in this case is just Vanguard funds as I don't want to keep on top of what individual shares are doing.

SIPP would be nice but FCSC protection is only £85K and with all 3 there could start to get close to that limit.

Sold up today. Took a very healthy profit. Dum ass move to put so much into one stock.

But.

I’m with HL for my Sipp. I only really trade US stocks and the FX charges are really high. I paid £1k for both buy and sell on this trade alone.

Is there a better provider for a self managed SIPP?

Also with HL for my SIPP and would love a T212 one, but it's worth bearing in mind that T212 doesn't do funds, so you're going to have to buy into ETFs.

It's the funds in my SIPP that have paid off mostly vs the gambles (baring a few good exceptions).

Maybe ask yourself what you want to achieve really. If you keep punting it all into a single stock sooner or later things will go wrong. At least consider putting some in more stable investments and just keep a smaller gambling pile.

Yep I fully get it was a stupid move. I had a small amount in there and I was 50% up. After earnings they went down 10% which I did not feel was justified so I went in with 75% of my portfolio but I know it’s stupid and I will not do it again.

General plan is to get upto around half a mill and then just put it in a SMP 500 tracker for 20 years.

Pleased with nvda today.
Up 40 percent there.
But I may sell between now and next results.

I was surprised they were this good if I'm honest. Thought the good times would be a bit more mooted.

I opened S&S ISA with T212 along with the Cash ISA yesterday, liking it so far, I've created an investment pie and have set it to buy some daily as there are no fees on trades, so I can drip feed in things.

My pie in this case is just Vanguard funds as I don't want to keep on top of what individual shares are doing.

SIPP would be nice but FCSC protection is only £85K and with all 3 there could start to get close to that limit.
Are investments holdings not ringfenced with T212? They are with UK providers I think.

Are investments holdings not ringfenced with T212? They are with UK providers I think.

I think they would be here as well.

If they are then I don't really see why I shouldn't use them for my SIPP as well, if the fees are good and I can invest in a similar way to my S&S ISA I'd be happy.

My understanding then would be that shares would be ringfenced and are always yours no matter what, and the cash is protected to £85K assuming it's not auto-invested into QMMF's in your invest or S&S ISA account.

IDS bid has been made official... at £3.70
They are buying the shares back at £3.60, giving 0.02 dividends and a 0.08 special dividends...

It's just a case if there's any objections now.

There's also a UK mining companying that's had an unoffical offer, but the feelings on that one is that it won't be taken over.

T212 says there's going to be a FTSE shuffle.

FTSE Russell said Tuesday grocery technology company Ocado Group ($OCDO) and wealth management company St. James's Place ($STJ) will likely be removed from the FTSE 100 index.On-track to replace the companies on the index are cybersecurity company Darktrace ($DARK) and residential developer Vistry Group ($VTY). The companies will move up from the FTSE 250 index.Indicative deletions in FTSE 250 include Ferrexpo ($FXPO), Mobico Group ($MCG), NextEnergy Solar Fund ($NESF) and Octopus Renewables Infrastructure Trust ($ORIT). Potential additions include Ocado, St. James's Place, Alpha Group International ($ALPH), Brunner Investment Trust ($BUT), Liontrust Asset Management ($LIO) and XPS Pensions Group ($XPS).The index provider noted that the companies' deletions from the index will likely result from the review of the FTSE UK index series at close of trading on June 4. It added that the confirmation of the changes will be disclosed after market close on June 5.Price (GBP): £410.40, Change: £+36.60, Percent Change: +9.79%

I'm in on octopus... I'll pump more into it once the share price drops from being removed from the FTSE 100.

DFV just posted an update on reddit for the first time in three years. His GME portfolio is now worth $210 million!

From $50k to this. Got to be the best trader of all time surely. He'll be a billionaire soon.

Back
Top Bottom