Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Caporegime
AI in the future will not like it is today, god knows how many years it will take to mature and be part of everyday life.
who really needs ai in every day life that we don't have already.
you can claim any sat nav is ai.

You know how on expensive walkmans you could skip tracks by it identifying the blank spaces, that's the power of AI.
It's not really AI it's just automating digital tasks

how much money really is there in that for most companies that are mainly physical?
most of the organisation will be minimum wage jobs ?

all AI is going to do is help the global corporations kill of or milk the smaller ones, and then make sure no one can ever change the monopoly

Soldato
who really needs ai in every day life that we don't have already.
you can claim any sat nav is ai.
No, it really isn't.
You know how on expensive walkmans you could skip tracks by it identifying the blank spaces, that's the power of AI.
No, it isn't.
It's not really AI it's just automating digital tasks
No, it isn't.
how much money really is there in that for most companies that are mainly physical?
One of the fundamental differences between machine learning AI and just explicitly programmed software, is that it can be trained to do all the same physical tasks that people can do.
It's definitely going to replace a lot of menial jobs..... but likelihood is it will replace the more expensive jobs first as the ROI is better.

Associate
Would you pay Microsoft an increased premium to use their extra AI features in office 365?
Would you pay Amazon an extra subscription to give Alexa enhanced AI over what it already has?

At the moment with subscription overload, I can't see AI being something that general users will use, and I think it's right that it will be hard to monetise.

Soldato
It's definitely going to replace a lot of menial jobs..... but likelihood is it will replace the more expensive jobs first as the ROI is better.
I did see a report from Citi, they reckon finance jobs will be hardest hit with banking having the largest percentage with potential to be automated at 54%.

Imagine if London lost 50% of jobs in finance, insurance wasnt far behind at 48% either, could be a disaster for the city.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I did see a report from Citi, they reckon finance jobs will be hardest hit with banking having the largest percentage with potential to be automated at 54%.

Imagine if London lost 50% of jobs in finance, insurance wasnt far behind at 48% either, could be a disaster for the city.

Hard to imagine how it'll pan out.
AI could tip the world upside down. Especially in UK where so much is services.

Suddenly very very highly paid people's skills are nearly worthless.

Impacts hopefully won't be too quick to handle as a country. But to be honest.. Doubt anyone knows what full impact will be even in 5 years.

Soldato
Would you pay Microsoft an increased premium to use their extra AI features in office 365?
Don't need people to pay extra to monetise it. As long as its a feature.
Would you pay Amazon an extra subscription to give Alexa enhanced AI over what it already has?
Again, why pay extra? It's just an improved offering to acquire/retain customers.
At the moment with subscription overload, I can't see AI being something that general users will use, and I think it's right that it will be hard to monetise.
The major impact from AI isn't selling a product to consumers. It's providing value to businesses by automating processes that rely on expensive people.

Soldato
Microsoft already try and sell it via Co-pilot, it's not free to run so presume they'll get people on subscriptions for it even if costs do get cheaper over time as more people adopt it.

it's very expensive per user at the moment.

Last edited:
Soldato

all AI is going to do is help the global corporations kill of or milk the smaller ones, and then make sure no one can ever change the monopoly

industriall revolution comes to mind.
but i do think its going to cause a big shift in sociaty.

AI and robots are differant but inter related to a degree.
a robot doesnt complain, it takes minimum downtime, works for as long as it has power, power cables? repalcement snap in batteries? are options to extend service.

they've been trialling robots in warehouses for a while so its nothing new.

the losers are those people that cant get another job because there are no other jobs, the petrol station attendant, the shelf stacker, the warehouse worker to name but a small few.
building robots at scale reduces the cost and the same hardware can do more and more with future software and were needed hardware updates.

when i was a wee lad we dodnt have self check out tills, we had overnight shifts at super markets.

seems like a figure1 robot costs
Figure One Robot Cost: $30,000 and $150,000

even if you say the average minimum wage is 20k the robot pays for its self in 7years, lets say 10years for parts and maintenance then your maybe paying a subscription and softwre updates.
assumption : the robot + AI can perform at human level workloads and independant tasking/actions with in scope of the job.

but i 100% agree its the global corporations that are going to kill everything for a "profit, and the only ones able to buy that product(s) are those with the money and the cost of that product goes up because of the smaller volume of purchase to the rich. if you watched Altered Carbon comes to mind if you watched that some what, amonst others.

Back
Top Bottom