Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Newbie investor, Looking to invest a few £k in a S+S ISA. I signed up to trading 212 last week and made a few micro investments to get a feel for things, I really like the platform, very user friendly and maybe the potential to become dangerously addictive

Being new I really don't know what strategy to choose. I've read the doomsters saying the markets going to crash so I figured I want something well diversified at first but I'm not sure what I should do.

What make up of EFT's to hand picked shares to people recommend to get my portfolio going?

What make up of EFT's to hand picked shares to people recommend to get my portfolio going?

100% into one index ETF like VWRL/VEVE.

Spend the next 3 years ish, looking at individual companies, keep notes in a spreadsheet so you can track your how awful your returns would have been if you actually did that. While spending time learning.

After that its time to reconsider if you should go into individual shares, or if you should just stick with the index

Newbie investor, Looking to invest a few £k in a S+S ISA. I signed up to trading 212 last week and made a few micro investments to get a feel for things, I really like the platform, very user friendly and maybe the potential to become dangerously addictive

Being new I really don't know what strategy to choose. I've read the doomsters saying the markets going to crash so I figured I want something well diversified at first but I'm not sure what I should do.

100% into one index ETF like VWRL/VEVE.

Spend the next 3 years ish, looking at individual companies, keep notes in a spreadsheet so you can track your how awful your returns would have been if you actually did that. While spending time learning.

After that its time to reconsider if you should go into individual shares, or if you should just stick with the index

Don't forget there's a simulator that free to use... so you don't have to keep spreadsheets of "what-ifs" yourself, just buy the shares in the simulator of the amount of cash you would have done, and it will allow you to see how much you would have made/lost over the period.

Other than IG.com, who I currently use, anyone aware of anyone providing accounts that allow online trading of Australian shares (ASX market) and holding them in ISA/SIPP.

Been fairly good week. Upstart on the up due to hints of rate reduction in USA. And shopify nice jump too.
Uniti rebounding as well. AMSC doing crazy well.
Few old UK shares holding me down though.
Duolingo and micron down too.

Bit impacted by fx rates too

CNS in the UK is bumbling around 20p after jumping rapidly from 14p.
Be nice if that carries on

Last edited:

Just start buying into some index trackers. S&P is where the growth is likely to be, but spreading with some FTSE, and European stocks not a bad idea.

Stick to single stocks in your pretend account to begin with. Get a feel for the difference in volatility compared to indexes.

Been a very good week for me, EV stocks flying and psychadaelics are priming for a pump up before the FDA decision on MDMA therapy in August.

Last edited:
Crowdstrike has lost a fifth of its value in pre-market trading in the US - down 21% in unofficial trading. If confirmed when US stock markets open later today, that is a loss of $16 billion in its overnight valuation.

So I bought into crowdstrike at 275. (today)
It looks like it was a good entry point.

Question is to keep it or just sell for a quick gain.

Last edited:
So I bought into crowdstrike at 275. (today)
It looks like it was a good entry point.

Question is to keep it or just sell for a quick gain.
wait for a bit i think. it'll bounce back up in a years time i reckon.
MS are taking most of the heat for it currently.

that was a good buy at 275. weldone your already up 30 ish. depending how much your purchased, it could be a nice return as is.
just depends how long your willing to wait.
i think next week will be the telling factor on this.

Meta is a good example of recovovering stock price in a short period of time and gaining on it. i think thats 2years.. my stock charts aren loading right now..
although something seems to have happened with meta and strong buy sentement

they maybe some lost contracts and possible financial penalties coming their way. We are certainly looking at ours with them even thou we wasn't affected.

I know that we make vendors take insurance out against their product/services if they are a risk cat 1 and some risk cat 2s, so that when we sue them they can afford to pay up.
for a failure to cause such a distribution they would have at least be classified as risk cat 2, but not all companies take risk management as serious as they sold.

im a litle surprised CRWD hasnt droped further on the pre-trade than $12

Edit : still droping, below 280. from 304

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom