Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

You will not have to pay Capital Gains Tax on any gains you make on your shares if you move them to an ISA . You must transfer your shares to your ISA within 90 days of when you took out your SIP or SAYE shares. Next month will be the 3rd time I've done this with my SAYE scheme. You will need a Letter of Appropriation to show the shares qualify for the SAYE scheme, if you get the shares as a paper certificate you will also need to transfer them to digital shares using a Crest form. Your S&S Isa provider should have the required forms and information

Yeah I’ve just been reading the handbook. Since they are being moved as shares, not cash.. there’s no capital gains made, therefore no tax can be paid on them. And by the time you sell them they may have lost money so they can’t pre capital gains tax you.

You will not have to pay Capital Gains Tax on any gains you make on your shares if you move them to an ISA . You must transfer your shares to your ISA within 90 days of when you took out your SIP or SAYE shares. Next month will be the 3rd time I've done this with my SAYE scheme. You will need a Letter of Appropriation to show the shares qualify for the SAYE scheme, if you get the shares as a paper certificate you will also need to transfer them to digital shares using a Crest form. Your S&S Isa provider should have the required forms and information

how does the 90 days it work for SIP? as I purchase it pre-tax every month and they are taxable, as it the amount I used to pay for the shares if I sell the shares within 5 years, I also lose my free "partner" shares awards if I seel up before 3 years?

I guess it doesn't and it's the price I pay for having a 40% tax + NI discount at purchase and 100% free shares..

I don't know I've not had experience with SIP, your best bet would be to either call HMRC or speak to your S&S ISA provider, I know when I was trying to figure out how to get my shares into the ISA a financial advisor took about 4 months to respond and didnt even answer the question but speaking to the ISA provider I got the answer and forms within 30mins.

I've some Severn trent shares. With a company called infinity. Is there anyway I can transfer them to a isa so when I decide to cash them I Im not liable to capital gains tax. At the moment I can only take out 3k before Im liable and I will take several years to get it all out thanks

I've some Severn trent shares. With a company called infinity. Is there anyway I can transfer them to a isa so when I decide to cash them I Im not liable to capital gains tax. At the moment I can only take out 3k before Im liable and I will take several years to get it all out thanks
You usually can't transfer into an ISA to avoid CGT. If they are in a share plan then people are talking about that above.

Market looking very red today due to bad manufacturing data, last time the data was this bad was in 2007 just before recession hit.

Well the yield curve has been signalling recession ahead for a while now. Market obsessed with rate cuts but those usually come when things go bad.

No matter how much red you see it could always be worse.

8re0Rz9h.png

25% down now :cry:

Pretty sure my years gains have been wiped out in a few days lol

AI was getting a bit too hot for my tastes but I wanted to stay in the market, so I rebalanced my portfolio around 3 months ago and moved the bulk of it into a single low cost all world ETF.

It reduced my exposure to the S&P 500 by a fair bit compared to where it was, so thankfully I'm still up since then. Only just though!

My next monthly buy date is scheduled for the 13th (I hate superstition so chose it for that reason) - What's the betting everything recovers by then?

I'm tempted to make an adhoc purchase and dump a few £K in this afternoon, but trying to time the market has never served me well in the past. Any opinions welcome.

Last edited:
I usually end up thinking I should everything out. Then stew on it a bit. Then by time I do it's the bottom. This sell off is pretty epic

This is the nail in coffin for me. I was doing 50/50 etf to single stocks. After this I'm just going to do 100pc etfs. And forget about it.

Quite a few stocks I've swung from nice profit to bad loss.. In a week.

You guys have said it for ages! Now I've finally been spanked into shape!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom