Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Fundamentals. Value. Past performance that goes back centuries rather than a few years of increasingly limp hype phases.

You can say the same about stocks any point in the past 100+ years.

No more realistic that seeing it at 50k again.

What milestones? By whom?

Like I said, trade the volatility if you want. Although you could do the same with any instrument. Long term it's a poor investment in my view.

My prediction is that crypto will continue to go through periodic hype phases, trending increasingly lacklustre as the world realises it's fundamentally providing no more value that it did years ago and people get bored of the same guff from crypto-bros and lose any confidence that the line is magically going to go up. The next shiny new tech bubble comes along and it fades into obscurity.

The S&P will outperform BTC over the next five years and beyond.

The "more likely to see 50k" type of quote has been said all the way from 1k to now. And here we are.

I'm surprised it's here. Always think it's going to run out of steam. But here it is hitting 60k. It's crashes are less dramatic than 5 years ago. Who knows where it will be in 5 years more.

Last edited:
Do wonder if the changes to capital gains are going that are doing the rounds are going to completely kill the point in investing is S&S and Crypto tbh.

Risk vs Reward is going to be really unbalanced. Unless your a big player in which case you don't care and will just put prices up to compensate across the board.

If the market goes wrong or they change the exemption, can always drown my sorrows!

similar - I have some wine stored for the next 5-10 years... If it makes some money and I can sell great. If not I'll enjoy some very very nice bottles of red wine!!!

Do wonder if the changes to capital gains are going that are doing the rounds are going to completely kill the point in investing is S&S and Crypto tbh.

Risk vs Reward is going to be really unbalanced. Unless your a big player in which case you don't care and will just put prices up to compensate across the board.
Risk vs reward is very good for a long term, balanced portfolio of investments.

The ISA allowance is absurdly generous, being able to accrue £20,000 every single year and never pay any tax.

If the government is serious about improving investment in the UK tbh they should just make only UK listed equities eligible for the S&S ISA. Seems ridiculous that I get such a generous tax break for investing in wholly foreign countries.

Risk vs reward is very good for a long term, balanced portfolio of investments.

The ISA allowance is absurdly generous, being able to accrue £20,000 every single year and never pay any tax.

If the government is serious about improving investment in the UK tbh they should just make only UK listed equities eligible for the S&S ISA. Seems ridiculous that I get such a generous tax break for investing in wholly foreign countries.

We mostly do pay taxes for the money that we add to towards the ISA and the amounts that we can get into an ISA tax free is limited by whichever scheme used to get the funds into there. But for most people, money put into a stocks and shares ISA is after our income, NI and captial taxes.

Most if not all British companies in the FSTE 100 have some form of operations outside UK boundaries... if you want to gamble 20k every year on a company that only deals in the UK, then go ahead and be my guest.

The idea of a British only ISA would only work on a large scale if it's an additional amount or a forced segmented amount and then you may find that some people would just choice not to invest that additional or segmented amount. I think they should just let the current stucture ride for a bit longer to see the results as it's only been a few months now where we can put cash in to multiple S/S ISAs in the same year.

But yes 20k is rather generous considering ROTHs are only $7k.. but considering uk pensions are 60k (or 100% of earnings if less that 60k) compared to 401k are 23k per year. I was speaking to an American broker as my employee shares (SIP and SAYE) are held with an American broker and he couldn't believe the amount that we are allowed to invest with some sort of tax benefit.

We mostly do pay taxes for the money that we add to towards the ISA and the amounts that we can get into an ISA tax free is limited by whichever scheme used to get the funds into there. But for most people, money put into a stocks and shares ISA is after our income, NI and captial taxes.

Most if not all British companies in the FSTE 100 have some form of operations outside UK boundaries... if you want to gamble 20k every year on a company that only deals in the UK, then go ahead and be my guest.

The idea of a British only ISA would only work on a large scale if it's an additional amount or a forced segmented amount and then you may find that some people would just choice not to invest that additional or segmented amount. I think they should just let the current stucture ride for a bit longer to see the results as it's only been a few months now where we can put cash in to multiple S/S ISAs in the same year.

But yes 20k is rather generous considering ROTHs are only $7k.. but considering uk pensions are 60k (or 100% of earnings if less that 60k) compared to 401k are 23k per year. I was speaking to an American broker as my employee shares (SIP and SAYE) are held with an American broker and he couldn't believe the amount that we are allowed to invest with some sort of tax benefit.
You can mega backdoor ROTH that will give you an extra $69k taking it to $76k. The IRA limit of $20k is just your personal limit, employer top ups can take it to $69,000.

Last edited:
I'm back in the green for all of my trackers now.... in profit for my individual shares, kinda glad that I popped a load of cash in to an ISA with a fix rate of 4.15% for two years, I suspect the rate will be lower than that next year.

I'm down heavily in Polestar (heavily is an understatement :() but the tide seems to be turning. My average is around $2.60 as I have kept buying even though it's dropped heavily so I am hopeful I can get back to even although it may take some time.

anyone doing individual stocks any worst than this :D

SI3eZDP.jpeg

up 12.5% in total cos INTC, I don't know why I didn't just sell it during the talk of their chips voltage problems.
Nio been flapping around on land for ages now it seems, can't be much longer till it jumps back in the water surely...

Thankfully I kept adding mooe Kraken robotics over time and usually added more during Palantir dips

Rocket labs up 45% in the last week grats to anyone who caught that dip.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of having a punt with some shares, probably part shares for a bit of fun, nothing more. This won't be for investment or trying to get good returns. I'm not interested in tracking an entire index and would just like to target individual UK and US business.

So what's the best avenue/ site to go to?

Back
Top Bottom