Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

I'm thinking of having a punt with some shares, probably part shares for a bit of fun, nothing more. This won't be for investment or trying to get good returns. I'm not interested in tracking an entire index and would just like to target individual UK and US business.

So what's the best avenue/ site to go to?
Do you mean site to invest or site to research what to buy?

Look at trading 212 for trading.

I'm thinking of having a punt with some shares, probably part shares for a bit of fun, nothing more. This won't be for investment or trying to get good returns. I'm not interested in tracking an entire index and would just like to target individual UK and US business.

So what's the best avenue/ site to go to?
Yes it's great fun losing money, I've been doing it for years!!!

If you want a gamble, just for for cheap "AI" company, that's where all the hype is and who knows they might stonk to the moon....

Do you mean site to invest or site to research what to buy?

Look at trading 212 for trading.

To invest. I'll look to check out business backgrounds when at work through basic means, as it'll just be something to do which might be fun.

T212 did seem like the go to, i did look at their ISA, but wasn't sure if their cheap trading rates was too good to be true?

Yes it's great fun losing money, I've been doing it for years!!!
Such is life :D

If you want a gamble, just for for cheap "AI" company, that's where all the hype is and who knows they might stonk to the moon..

I'm not sold on AI to be honest, feels rather dramatic.

anyone doing individual stocks any worst than this :D

SI3eZDP.jpeg

up 12.5% in total cos INTC, I don't know why I didn't just sell it during the talk of their chips voltage problems.
Nio been flapping around on land for ages now it seems, can't be much longer till it jumps back in the water surely...

Thankfully I kept adding mooe Kraken robotics over time and usually added more during Palantir dips

Rocket labs up 45% in the last week grats to anyone who caught that dip.
I've been very lucky, stacked up on Amazon a couple of years ago when it was cheap. Nice recent profits from Macdonalds. nVidia a solid earner obviously. Tesla has been pretty meh. Pfizer pays nice dividends but has been weak.

dont buy google

No this is good news for google, they are paying apple to be default, but that was a mistake, no need to pay to be default, google will be the vast majority either way, and they would save around $15-20billion.

Bad news for apple though, as that revenue from google is pure profit as there are no costs associated with it, simply change default to google, get 15-20billion per year.

I also cannot see how you'd split up google search exactly, its not really possible.

My worst performer is Virgin Galactic at 95% loss :mad: But it's so cheap now, I'm going to buy more to average it out
I always thought it sounded like a Disney Ride, it's basically a flight to nowhere..
it doesn't even reach space it's just a high flying plane

Last edited:
Just seen that traders at my place has the possibility of earning 10x their salary in bonuses per year since the last government has removed the bankers bonus cap.

Obvs I can say which firm I work for, due to NDA, the bonus is public knowledge as it’s gone to the share holders to vote.. but I believe this is the market rate for trader’s salaries now.

Now those are the people who are getting paid to give you market advice and invest your pensions etc.. no wonder why they take risks.

Yes kind of, half are up while half are down effectively giving me a barely profit of 0.5%

My worst performer is Virgin Galactic at 95% loss :mad: But it's so cheap now, I'm going to buy more to average it out
Watched this for a long time. But you only need one disaster flight to destroy it. It's too much risk for me.

Pension: 100 percent invested in virgin galactic!
it does make me suss why a large company like Virgin needs that much financial backing to spin of another new company to hold one of their companies. Surely if they had that much faith in it, they could have made it a part of another one of their companies/divisions. The fact that they sold down to less that 10% now doesn't bode well but it does have a lot of backing from other investment companies.

it does make me suss why a large company like Virgin needs that much financial backing to spin of another new company to hold one of their companies. Surely if they had that much faith in it, they could have made it a part of another one of their companies/divisions. The fact that they sold down to less that 10% now doesn't bode well but it does have a lot of backing from other investment companies.
For me it's one of those that has to constantly be at its best to get anywhere. It could be rising for years. But you only need one disaster for it to tank at any point. It's also so long until (if) profitable.

Much much more risk than reward imo

one of the lads i work with (and most likely quite a few of my collegues) are 100% in on the company shares, it's not his pension but he doesn't play the market in any other way and never sold a share as he says it's for his daughter to go to uni and buy a semi detach house out right.

it's been working here for over 15 years, if he has been investing the max on both SAYE and SIPP that's £2400 of shares per year worth of discounted shares with enhancement schemes, that's been though share splits etc.

The issue is that he doesn't have an exit plan to take the shares out tax efficiently, so the tax man will be waiting and rubbing his hands till that time comes.

Back
Top Bottom