Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Further to the announcement made on 15 March 2011, the Board of Directors of JJB Sports plc ("JJB" or the "Company"), one of the UK's leading sports retailers, announces that it is proposing to raise gross proceeds of GBP65 million (approximately GBP60 million net of expenses), through a firm placing and a placing and open offer involving the issue of 162,500,000 New Ordinary Shares at an issue price of 40 pence per share.

-- The issue price of 40 pence per New Ordinary Share represents a premium of 40.4% to the Closing Price of 28.5 pence per Ordinary Share on 5 April 2011 (being the last Dealing Day prior to the date of announcement of the Capital Raising).

To be honest, this is all a bit over my head and I don't really understand the process or impact of a firm placing and a placing and open offer. Anyone feel free to chip in or link to a guide :p.

Associate
To be honest, this is all a bit over my head and I don't really understand the process or impact of a firm placing and a placing and open offer. Anyone feel free to chip in or link to a guide :p.
My understanding - They're basically creating more shares to make some money (usually to invest), which will devalue current shares. They sometimes provide favourable conditions for existing shareholders to invest more, like a discount.

Soldato
I'd shut up too if I wasn't a shareholder :p. Every definition of an OO says that the OO is usually lower than the SP. I can't get my head around it being higher/what affect that has on SP.

if you sell today you cannot buy the OO ... terms of the OO state that you have to be holding until tomorrow to qualify for a 1 for 2 @ 40p

From the BB ^^. Can anyone explain what the hell a 1 for 2 is? You swap your current shares for 2 @ 40p each?

Last edited:

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Jim Mellon has joined the CNR board! Expecting some real fireworks now with the forthcoming RNS!

Anyone still in GVC since I posted about it January would also be 50% up as of yesterday :)

Associate
if you sell today you cannot buy the OO ... terms of the OO state that you have to be holding until tomorrow to qualify for a 1 for 2 @ 40p

I think this might mean you can buy 1 share for 2, the amount you can purchase might be linked to the number of shares you hold, although I could be wrong.

Associate
I'm in both, 6.8p on CNR and 0.8p on ORE. Happy with skimming some profit on ORE, and happy with the average on CNR. Hmm.
Ore at 0.8p nice! Wish I'd bought some at that price, hindsights always a genius.

Right I've decided not to, it would just be a gamble. The other companies I've got going through today I know exactly why I'm investing in them and I don't know much about CNR personally.

Soldato
Bought the following on my virtual trading account (BB): BOY, BLND, DCC, LAND and MML. Also watching BOD and NAD closely.

Either Im doing something wrong or I have missed something...

No CAZA, RRL, WAS, IOF, doesn't recognise the codes..

As for CNR - Im not sure whether the recent price rise in CNR has already priced in some of the value from the expected RNS. Might have a small spreadbet on them just in case :p

Im having a good day over on IG today :D

Soldato
Jim Mellon oh great

who is he :o

Bullbearing doesnt do small stocks so slightly pointless for this thread. I'll enter something just as a time capsule, not bothering otherwise. There was an old ocuk league I saw, one guy has 3 billion :p
Enter on stockchallenge, no one wins that easily

One of my favourite tipsters says avoid Rockhopper mostly because their poor cashflow will mean dilution to small holders (these companies never give rights). On the other hand he backs Gulfsands because they have assets/production inc. USA plus exploration in MENA

Probably good advice and he wouldnt bother unless it was noted the company contained a lot of small investors
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...Questor-share-tip-Rockhopper-is-an-avoid.html

Otherwise I was quite optimistic on RKH price, biggest volume comes on the rises

Sc4oK.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Well I've just invested £500 into hambledon mining, topped up barc, put £250 into northumbrian water with a view to put another £250 in next week, also bought £300 regency mines and will top up later (same bloke who runs red rock resources runs this). proactive invester arcticle on hambledon mining here.

Soldato
Good run up on GKP today especially at the end, well supported move I think.
170 is the target to beat overhead

Was thinking of reducing CLF slightly as Ivory Coast hopefully comes to a (relatively) peaceful conclusion.

This doesnt exactly count as its end of April that counts but managed to briefly pick top risers this month -

gkZwR.png

Sold some BP at 476 which is 50% of the top to bottom. My average rebuy is 477 after selling at 511 previously, I think its ok to hold

Back
Top Bottom