Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
What brokers do people use here for spread betting?

So long as you realise a spreadaccount is like a broker who gives terrible spread quotes on the bid/offer then send me a message and I'll recommend a few depending on what you what to deal

Good thing about them obviously is they always happy to lend money but obviously you may then get a margin call with zero notice again this varies on the company how much leeway you get.

Most people who use SB have paranoid delusions the company is out to get them, reality is its easy to mess up the cashflow and market volatility, etc aka japan mini crash, etc

RE: Cashflow I sold off a bit of GPX as its recovered. Didnt want to but its risen on weaker volume, its at resistance.
Need to balance things with profit taken especially as my computer is locking up/need replacing and Im afk

Interesting stuff with BP vs Russia. I could see that swinging up but for now its down

CEY is great in theory, Egpyt is ironically more risky without the dictator but in the end also more profitable.
I own them for a while and I watch them all the time. Questor reviewed them, 9pe for 2012 apparently. Super cheap miner good cashflow i think. 200 or more is fair

Alongside them relatively see POG

Last edited:
Soldato
CNR are up strongly again today. and everything else is down
So from a 6p buy to a 10.25p sell in 30 days thats 70% rise which is good but not thinking 50m is a fair value for multi billion assets yet though obviously they will have big costs in that

El Sal's enviro report out in May and they have warrants or new shares being issued for 1m cash very soon also which would only be 2% of current market cap

volume has not been especially supportive of this rise recently. 8 to 7p would be a fair target for a fallback, so will sell a tiny amount here and buy back 8.5 to 7.5p

Soldato
No sell off at the end.
I obviously spoke too soon earlier on possible weakness, vol was 8 mil which is decent to confirm the gain and make the previous top of 11.5 not so uncertain

I'll leave it alone till its at 20 if it stays solid. Orders are in to buy on any bigger dip, my RRL orders like that are covered in cobwebs because it never really came back down

Rest of my screen is red in comparison, only HDY drilling out in the Indian ocean is isolated enough to keep going up 5% today

BP is still volatile, should have stayed on my toes more and sold some at 480. Looking at oil price - USO it has just hit a upwards ceiling. Nothing drastic imo except if dollar closes this week much higher then its possible we see a nasty fallback in oil prices and possibly BP and others even.
Russia news of reform, etc also of course a factor

Plexus who design and make a safer wellhead are up again as they have new orders. Not cheap but a good patent is worth it I think, also Zen who hold lots of superconductor patents have been steadily up recently

Bes

Bes

Soldato
No sell off at the end.
I obviously spoke too soon earlier on possible weakness, vol was 8 mil which is decent to confirm the gain and make the previous top of 11.5 not so uncertain

I'll leave it alone till its at 20 if it stays solid. Orders are in to buy on any bigger dip, my RRL orders like that are covered in cobwebs because it never really came back down

Rest of my screen is red in comparison, only HDY drilling out in the Indian ocean is isolated enough to keep going up 5% today

BP is still volatile, should have stayed on my toes more and sold some at 480. Looking at oil price - USO it has just hit a upwards ceiling. Nothing drastic imo except if dollar closes this week much higher then its possible we see a nasty fallback in oil prices and possibly BP and others even.
Russia news of reform, etc also of course a factor

Plexus who design and make a safer wellhead are up again as they have new orders. Not cheap but a good patent is worth it I think, also Zen who hold lots of superconductor patents have been steadily up recently

Yeah I was just wondering about your weakness comment from earlier. Did you sell any at a lower price in the end?

Soldato
5% at 10p. I did the same with RRL when it was in the teens & going to 20 but I still hold most of what I bought.

Most of the time on most stocks not including major discoveries, prices bounce back and forth.

He did say they'll convert warrants to shares so on supply vs demand, that could dilute the price strength in the short term. Hence he is gathering interest with news like the video above to counteract that effect.
Just a guess, I'll mostly hold because the base case still seems good

A JORC compliant Indicated and Inferred Mineral Resource of 4.82 Mt at 6.4 g/t for 988,000 oz gold has been estimated over the number of known mineralised veins within the concession. The La India Concession covers an area of 69 sq km and is 80% owned by Condor and 20% by B2Gold of Canada. Condor owns 100% of a further four contiguous concessions in the La India Mining District which cover a further 96 sq km.and include the JORC compliant Inferred Mineral Resource of 41,000 oz gold at Cacao defined by Condor in 2008. The resource estimation undertaken by SRK is restricted to the La India Concession. Condor's total JORC resource in La India Mining District is 1,029,000 oz gold

Wait... what? The SP has dropped to sub 10p on this seemingly good news? Groan.

Soldato
I noticed foofighter was a geologist, need to drag in people who can call bs on these things. I barely have a clue but the price weakness would be from them floating another 33m shares I think ?

However they sold these at 9p, thats pretty good when a nobody like me got them for 6p not long ago. So surely a good cash raising, a small blip down likely is more likely

Condor Resources Plc Raises Non Brokered Private Placing
4:30am EDT
Condor Resources Plc announced that the Company has raised GBP3,000,000 by way of a non brokered private placing of 33,333,333 new ordinary shares with a nominal value of GBP0.01 each at a price of GBP0.09 each (the Placing). Macquarie Bank Limited (Macquarie) is the sole subscriber to the Placing. The placement monies will be used to implement a more aggressive exploration drill programme on Condor's flagship La India Project in Nicaragua. Application has been made for 33,333,333 new ordinary shares (the Placing Shares) to be admitted to trading on AIM (Admission) on April 19, 2011. The Placing Shares will rank pari passu and have the same voting rights as the existing ordinary shares. Following Admission there will be 525,595,086 ordinary shares in issue. As a result of the Placing, following Admission, Macquarie will hold 6.34% interest in the issued share capital of the Company.

http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/keyDevelopments?rpc=66&symbol=CNDR.L&timestamp=20110413083000

http://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk...-makes-it-to-1-million-ounce-mark--27333.html

Bigger news for me is CAD. Rising strongly and good to double most likely though again I cannot add up oil field worth really
This is a bigger more normal company raising cash in a heathly way by farming in interest to their stakes.

Much better I think? then continually selling shares as penny stocks tend to do

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/13/cadoganpetroleum-idUSL3E7FD13920110413

Vol on CNR is 12m already, up a lot on yesterday then and way up on most of april

1,029,000 oz gold

1.4bn dollars before costs. Thats a lot of money for such a tiny company but depends what the costs they achieve. Will it be 1400 dollars an ounce like VGM or 200 like Medusa minings open cast mine

Cost of oil knocks onto the cost of mining. Only rarely hear of a few companies which can provide their own power BHP or HOC maybe (via hydro in that case)

Last edited:
Soldato
I had held if for the last two years. Had to get out to pay off the last of my debt.

Shame I couldn't get back in before this.

So that's Sareum (SAR) and now Solo oil (SOLO) I've gotten out of prior to it going skyward. :rolleyes:
Time to give up I think. :D

Back
Top Bottom