Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Caporegime
I meant it as in I was hoping the answer would be more positive for myself, no where did I say I was ignoring what you said because I didn't agree with your answer.

No where did I push aside your view point, I was just asking for other peoples opinions (you know, with this being a forum and all...?)

Calm down with your sarcy comments, very mature.

Chill out - t'was more an illustration of what not to do.

Caporegime
This guy is giving a free lecture, he is good. Contact me and I'll refer you to this firm hosting it, they do a special deal and apparently 'free' means you do need to be a client (not a big deal, its a free account)

Wow open an account at a bookie and attend a get rich quick seminar...

I don't think there is much more to be said about that but if people really are that credulous then I've not got much sympathy.

Soldato
That account allows deals of just 10 shares, easily covered outright and about as safe a way to start trading as it gets I reckon.

Unfortunately the seminar is probably fairly boring, just market factors, indicators. Ashraf Laidi is the guy I was referring to

Market is bouncing up on Greek deal nearing completion apparently. Greek on its own matters less then 1 single USA state so really just a façade, not expecting a big rise yet still

BP is apparently getting more interest in USA over derisking on its court cases. Hope it shows up in the price more

Good news for Xcite ? http://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk...ntley-oilfield-development-update--38457.html

Where do you guys get information about the companies?

I mean is there a single site where you can get info for all the companies profits history and stuff.

This isnt companies but if you got any sense then you like commodities/miners with all this weak currency its a trade biased to the upside.
That means various indicators and inventories play a large part in speculative demand for those elements and the markets that feed them. So you could go here -
http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php?month=2&year=2012

YzxW3.jpg
Very positive car sales, not sure why but that is a good enough reason for a bullish market, oil, etc ?

Last edited:
Caporegime
That account allows deals of just 10 shares, easily covered outright and about as safe a way to start trading as it gets I reckon.

Unfortunately the seminar is probably fairly boring, just market factors, indicators. Ashraf Laidi is the guy I was referring to

Ah, I was referring to the guy you mention in the post itself - the get rich quick guy. ;) I guess there isn't too much harm in going to the seminar you linked to if someone is completely new to this so long as they remain objective.

As for spreadbetting - you're not dealing in any number of shares you're placing a bet against a
bookie in their own parallel market. IMHO It's not 'safe' by any means and is a relatively expensive way to trade.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Good day today. Wonder how long it carries on though.

BP results on 7th should be interesting, ex div on 15th.

Hoping for some big news on RKH or GKP before end of March as I need to sell then. I remember reading someone on RKH last year who sold 7k worth at 39p the day before they announced the Sea lion find. Was toward his house deposit. Ouch !

Soldato
I'm in SOU, currently sitting on a big loss. Infact, so much going on with GKP that I haven't bothered to look at them (other than how much money I am losing day on day) for a long time.

Soldato
Exactly - just look at the dotcom bubble.

Sure Facebook is big, but Im not sure where else it can go now.

In my opinion, it has to 'become' the internet...if that makes sense. Total integration into everything. Only then will they dominate the advertising market as Google do now. I personally don't think they'll do it.

Take Glencore as a recent IPO...at least 12% lower that it was offered at I think. Although that's not counting recent jumps on Xastra merge banter

Soldato
Thinking of buying 1000 shares in RKH given that the news should be promising next month.
I remember reading someone on RKH last year who sold 7k worth at 39p the day before they announced the Sea lion find. Was toward his house deposit. Ouch !

Scale in and scale out is best I think. RKH and GKP I do like them but theres no doubt they are volatile and its horrible to end up holding the top price for maybe a year
Its like sitting at the high tide mark watching the sea miles away :D

They say shares are 5 year timescale but I think a year of interest through good and bad is more realistic and sensible, or buy monthly works.
On AIM it seems to be rare that it goes up and never comes back down at all

I got XTA on their lows, quite pleased they up but dont really care about the bid. I thought they'd rise anyway as its way too cheap.
CHK up 3.65% today. Lowest gas prices make it a very fast mover (for a big stock)

I was expecting oil price to fall to 95 maybe but its staying high for now. Needs to bottom out before a rise.

Added Beowulf as its dropped on lower volume. I dont think their mine has to be blocked so long as its not open cast it wont disrupt the reindeer

HOIL is cheap but its negative and at a ceiling. Needs to break free

GOLD is very positive, moving like a juggernaut through walls trying to hold it back. Again its not pulling back as a normal market would

Caza has 15m market cap and 8.5m of annual oil sales I read this as - http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/caza-oil-gas-inc-operational-070200352.html
iii says its 6.81 price to sales though and RRL would be 75 (retrospectively)

Last edited:
Soldato
I think ive just done something stupid, just bought 4630 shares @ 10.35p in Beowulf Mining just because someone above mentioned them!! A fool and his money are easily parted comes to mind.

10.35 was a good buy price. I tried yesterday and only got 11.3p hence I bought only a little.
Shame as it rose almost 20% today apparently on speculation that Sami objections are overdone, they dont use this area particularly? Its opencast mining so not pretty

16p is when it may start to be positive again, until then its hopefully.. Volume was pretty good today though

Beowulf (LON:BEM) jumped 20% to 13.5p by the end of lunch, on decent volume. Shares have taken a battering over the last 6 months due to permits being suspended at both its Kallak North and Kallak South permits. With volumes starting to creep better, along with the shares price, could holders here be in store for an update on these permits? We will be watching the news wires like hawks on this one.
http://www.proactiveinvestors.co.uk...he-trading-floor-3rd-february-2012--8226.html

EMED was up on 7x normal volume. Great and locals love the mine? More optimistic on that one near term

Good USA jobs news, etc helps copper a ton and its more volatile then gold under such market moves it seems

Associate
Some positive news recently from RGM which seen a near 20% rise, long awaited as i'm down deep on these boys, more news coming in following months...... all good I hear you ask, all good ;)

Soldato
In my opinion, it has to 'become' the internet...if that makes sense. Total integration into everything. Only then will they dominate the advertising market as Google do now. I personally don't think they'll do it.

They have room to expand if they get the gambling licenses they are after, they are still learning how to best use targeted advertising properly as well, so should be able to get more revenue per person than they do currently. Starting to make some headway with the Chinese authorities as well.
They have a lot of potential, and they have a LOT of cash lying around ready to use in a takeover or two.
However, I think they are currently a year or two overpriced.

Back
Top Bottom