Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Associate
Some positive news recently from RGM which seen a near 20% rise, long awaited as i'm down deep on these boys, more news coming in following months...... all good I hear you ask, all good ;)
Last week I bought another £400 worth in them, seems that that wasn't the worst time to buy if Friday's rocketing up of the share price is anything to go by.

Caporegime
The gambling thing isn't necessarily a bad idea - could potentially bring in at least half a billion a year or so if they do get involved in online poker if/when its legal in the US. Though yes there is the problem with the image gambling has in the US and that being associated with their brand isn't necessarily good.

Given how social media users can be incredibly fickle its perhaps worthwhile them having some other sources of revenue - look how quickly myspace fell out of favour, a large part of their use these days is bands/artists promoting music/gigs...

OcUK Staff
Rubbing my hands together this morning. :)

RKH doing nicely, those I wish they'd release the CPR update, could be serious uplift after that.

Glad to ZEN turning and results are out this Friday 10th of February so expecting ZEN to increase as the week progresses with people buying in before the RNS.

Caporegime
So Cairn has risen on this mornings news. Up 20% now.

What was the holding date for the £1.60 they are giving shareholders?

I sold some GKP this morning, been hoping to get back in as usually these spike on a Monday am

Soldato
Anyone know of SEA who own part of LOGP
LOGP Dec 12th said:
Providence announced today that the 48/24-10 well has reached section total depth (TD) of 4,038‟ true vertical depth subsea (TVDSS) with the key geological horizons having been encountered close to the pre-drill depth prognosis. Notable gas shows were encountered drilling through the PSE Seven Heads Limited operated gas reservoir, which overlies the Barryroe oil discovery. Following casing of this section, the well will be drilled ahead through the underlying primary and secondary Barryroe oil reservoir targets to a TD of 7,464‟ TVDSS.

Running below cash value apparently after a 27m asset sale, the market cap is 17.62? Curiouser

GBP Cairn Energy Rolling Spread DIVIDEND RECEIVED
:confused:
For anyone trying to fathom out what has happened to the shares today beware that the iii change statistic is wrong. With 33 shares originally at a close of 288.8 the total value was £95.304. Take away the cash payout (33 x 160 = £52.80) giving £42.504. This value is now split across the 13 shares you now have, giving an equivalent overnight price of 327p. So at the moment with the shares trading at 347 we are actually up 6.1% not the 20% iii indicates.

I stupidly left a closing order open despite being clueless, I think I made a profit but every broker has done this differently, I hold it a number of places.
I dont hold much now partly because its a smaller company, Im forced to take the cash but I'll consider buying more if market turns nasty again

This chart accurately gives the price including div. Candle chart: every red (weekly)bar just means it started at the top and closed at the bottom and vice versa
ZWfbT.png

http://jmfinn.eu.bdvision.ipreo.com...iles/6753f33b-1de5-4a74-9473-d158b6bbbe6e.pdf
4WHuh.jpg
RPo1I.png

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had a brief scan through XTR, didnt seem too encouraging at first

In their most recent report they state: "The Group is not currently generating revenue from its operations" despite operating in the North Sea, Morocco, Krygyz Republic and Australia.

They've had to scale back their shale operations in Australia so at first glance it doesn't look like that will be a company-maker.

This "Luna" prospect, from what I read in a few minutes, seems to be estimated at a 4.9% chance of finding oil and a 4.9% chance of finding gas which seems quite low.

Then they have quite a small amount of cash so given they aren't generating revenue they may well have to issue more shares. They already seem to have 1.5bn shares in issue which suggests they've done it before.

Didn't look amazing, they're very much a punt, but I guess that's why the share price is so low; if they do make some discoveries it could go much higher and 2p is a pretty low entry point! Like I said I only briefly scanned through it so if anyone has detailed analyses I'd be happy to hear them.

Caporegime
I've had a brief scan through XTR, didnt seem too encouraging at first

In their most recent report they state: "The Group is not currently generating revenue from its operations" despite operating in the North Sea, Morocco, Krygyz Republic and Australia.

They've had to scale back their shale operations in Australia so at first glance it doesn't look like that will be a company-maker.

This "Luna" prospect, from what I read in a few minutes, seems to be estimated at a 4.9% chance of finding oil and a 4.9% chance of finding gas which seems quite low.

Then they have quite a small amount of cash so given they aren't generating revenue they may well have to issue more shares. They already seem to have 1.5bn shares in issue which suggests they've done it before.

Didn't look amazing, they're very much a punt, but I guess that's why the share price is so low; if they do make some discoveries it could go much higher and 2p is a pretty low entry point! Like I said I only briefly scanned through it so if anyone has detailed analyses I'd be happy to hear them.

They seems to be making a loss at the moment, it's the potential for finding something big that's perked up my interest, low SP but big risk, going to have a proper read about prospects tomorrow i just picked this company up in a passing glance on a website.

Back
Top Bottom