Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
They have hit the basement at 3400m not 3800m and by the sounds of the RNS they have a total of 3m in several thin layers in the lower formations. Not even testing and moving drill to next site so all in all - cr@P

In at 19p and managed to get out at 23p wen it tanked - now at 18p last time I looked

Not sure if this is the last word on this drill - will see

Soldato
They have hit the basement at 3400m not 3800m and by the sounds of the RNS they have a total of 3m in several thin layers in the lower formations. Not even testing and moving drill to next site so all in all - cr@P

In at 19p and managed to get out at 23p wen it tanked - now at 18p last time I looked

Not sure if this is the last word on this drill - will see

There's still a 12 to 20 meter zone of significant hydrocarbon pay in the Upper Cretaceous Jesomma Formation which hasn't been tested. That could produce plenty of oil; it seems very odd that they aren't test it though.

Soldato
yes there is still that - but if they do the testing after the 2nd drill we could be looking at 3-4 months at least of no more news. After all the talk of at least a half decent find if you took the some of the numbers flying round with a pinch of salt this is a bit of a disappointment

Soldato
I think someone missed the memo, RRL were supposed to double not half :o

See Xmas lows for comparison etc Ive no clue if this sell is justified, just normal doubts?

Japan got some GDP growth better then expected. there is a slight danger we may be positive as a result plus other factors I reckon a bounce is a possibility anyway. Euro remains negative and its a month till Greece does an election. surprise to the upside
shruggy

The bigger picture is none of that matters, the waves that will result from doubts on USA or even anyone close to that size of debt will be epic like the end of Point Break epic :p Markets are a natural system, in summary politics is King ****
I just imagine Germany aka solid industry and gold and such like will remain above water

RAnge is about neutral I think . . 7.25 to beat, so closing above today this week is positive and otherwise look for it to repeat historic weakness until it gets past that
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/eJXIA.gif[/IMG]

:*

This just shows the 7p to 14p range it has as a border. OBV flat is why I say we neutral over 6 months and long term still bullish

LLOY and RBS back on the menu at this level I reckon. Lloyds I figure is exposed to Ireland but as its not really in europe I think its viewed too negatively ? They can pay divs now if they want to..
RBS is just cheap.
Barc is about half its price level should we ever have a market with a good time feel on debt

Last edited:
Soldato
I put a measley £500.00 into GOO on friday to get a feel for trading - they are doing pretty good - after my buying fee, stamp duty + selling fee (I havn't sold yet) I'm still in profit (a bit).

Hoping they get a "farm-in" (I think that's what the cool kids call it) soon and see it rise to double digits per share.

If only I put £3k in... :cool:

Well like a lot of people here I have seen my investment fall a fair bit, nothing that I'm bothered about; it's a learning curve.

RRL and RMP took a beating today, as did CHAR the other day and pretty much everything else recently.

YELL looks like it could either make a fair bit of money or completely break you.

I think I will wait for GOO to fall below 3.5 and perhaps stick a £1000 in there this time. They have recently spudded and should have results with 4 weeks and there is still the farm-out being processed in the next day, month or year. ;)

May as well stick a grand on 'black'.

Agree about the call with the banks, all of them are near enough at their all time levels, but until this Greece/Euro nonsense is sorted I'd imagine they'll just keep falling and rising in small %?

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice to avoid a fall in real time, I rarely get the hint. Trailing stop loss can be good on a trade in profit

Looking at RRL and EMED and I guess Lloy. BG I wanted on weakness but I already have some, 1245 I wrote in based on long term chart/volume

I noticed this gold chart looks a lot more optimistic, its a big ETF. Copied twice in candle and line

UUWPQ.png
NPmfk.png

Facebook trades at 4pm. Its valued 87PE with 2015 earnings forecast at $2 per share

Soldato
On good volume, I was just thinking it was stupidly cheap considering the rest of the market and they havent even really failed yet

Xcite up 20% on ok volume too / short term top here and proper resistance at 120- 30

I bought Petra Diamond, IG index, Range and Cairn I think is cheap because a dispute with the CEO
Sold Chesapeake

BP stays cheap ? I will buy it if market sells off into the close

@alphatrends
Top 10 Mistakes Traders Make http://t.co/Kz9NAkKW

Last edited:
Soldato
Code:
The Week Ahead
Date          	Name 	Type  	Reporting     Date         	Turnover (m) 	Pre-tax Profit (m) 	EPS Adjusted 	Dividend
28-May-12 	Aveva Group 	Final 	31-Mar-12 	£191.93 	+10% 	£60.89 	+22% 	63.41p 	+13% 	20.96p 	+15%
28-May-12 	Gulf Keystone  	Final 	31-Dec-11 	£33.31 	+4,022% 	£(8.07) 	n/a 	(2.06)p 	n/a 	0.00p 	n/a
28-May-12 	Gable Holdings Inc. 	Final 	31-Dec-11 	£0.00 	-100% 	£0.00 	-100% 	3.75p 	+62% 	0.00p 	n/a
29-May-12 	De La Rue 	Final 	31-Mar-12 	£501.34 	+8% 	£54.22 	-26% 	41.09p 	+71% 	42.30p 	-0%
29-May-12 	Pennon Group 	Final 	31-Mar-12 	£1,227.05 	+6% 	£195.61 	+4% 	42.14p 	-0% 	26.62p 	+8%
29-May-12 	Acal 	Final 	31-Mar-12 	£261.16 	-1% 	£6.91 	+264% 	18.04p 	-6% 	7.92p 	+6%
29-May-12 	API Group 	Final 	31-Mar-12 	£114.10 	+14% 	£5.00 	+75% 	5.90p 	+69% 	0.00p 	n/a
29-May-12 	Mckay Securities 	Final 	31-Mar-12 	£0.00 	-100% 	£0.00 	-100% 	9.97p 	-10% 	8.30p 	-0%
30-May-12 	Severn Trent 	Final 	31-Mar-12 	£1,765.67 	+3% 	£246.28 	-3% 	84.83p 	-20% 	70.11p 	+8%
30-May-12 	London & Stamford Property 	Final 	31-Mar-12 	£49.49 	+18% 	£25.51 	-55% 	4.25p 	+42% 	6.82p 	+8%
30-May-12 	GB Group 	Final 	31-Mar-12 	£31.15 	+28% 	£3.51 	+103% 	3.53p 	+31% 	1.28p 	0%
31-May-12 	Tate & Lyle 	Final 	31-Mar-12 	£3,023.92 	+11% 	£323.37 	+32% 	55.24p 	+19% 	25.09p 	+6%
31-May-12 	Halfords Group 	Final 	31-Mar-12 	£861.00 	-1% 	£91.56 	-22% 	33.78p 	-22% 	21.89p 	-0%
31-May-12 	Digital Learning Marketplace 	Final 	31-Mar-12 	£2.00 	+25% 	£(0.10) 	n/a 	(0.39)p 	n/a 	0.00p 	n/a
31-May-12 	Fuller Smith & Turner 	Final 	31-Mar-12 	£245.39 	+1% 	£29.93 	-3% 	38.16p 	+2% 	11.76p 	-0%

Other Companies Reporting This Week
B.P. Marsh & Partners, Entertainment One Ltd. (DI), FFastFill, First Derivatives, Fulcrum Utility Services Ltd. (DI), Iomart Group, Max Property Group, Metric Property Investments , NewRiver Retail Ltd. (Reg S), Phoenix IT Group, Renold, Scapa Group, Straight, Telford Homes, Torotrak, VP, Volex

Code:
Monday May 28 

FINALS 
Aveva Group, Entertainment One Ltd. (DI), First Derivatives, Gulf Keystone Petroleum Ltd. (DI), Max Property Group, Phoenix IT Group, Volex 

SPECIAL DIVIDEND PAYMENT DATE 
Fidessa Group 

AGMS 
GLOBO, Matrix European Real Estate Inv Trust Ltd., Polyus Gold International Ltd GDR (Level I) 

TRADING ANNOUNCEMENTS 
Origin Enterprises 

FINAL DIVIDEND PAYMENT DATE 
Capita, Fidessa Group 

Tuesday May 29 

INTERIMS 
Brewin Dolphin Holdings, Topps Tiles 

INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC ANNOUNCEMENTS 
Consumer Confidence (US) (15:00) 

FINALS 
Acal, API Group, De La Rue, FFastFill, Mckay Securities, NewRiver Retail Ltd. (Reg S), Pennon Group, Renold, Scapa Group, Torotrak 

ANNUAL REPORT 
Sphere Medical Holding 

IMSS 
Wolseley 

AGMS 
Alkane Energy, Concurrent Technologies, Continental Farmers Group , Corac Group, Dillistone Group, Edinburgh US Tracker Trust, Eleco, Empresaria Group, Empresaria Group, F&C Commercial Property Trust Ltd., ISIS Property Trust Ltd., JSC KazMunaiGaz Exploration Production GDR (Reg S), Lonrho, New Britain Palm Oil Ltd. (DI), Oracle Coalfields, Oxford Advanced Surfaces Group, Tamar European Industrial Fund Ltd., Valiant Petroleum, Valirx 

UK ECONOMIC ANNOUNCEMENTS 
CBI Distributive Trades Surveys (11:00) 

APR Energy, Hochschild Mining, Randgold Resources Ltd. 

FINAL EX-DIVIDEND DATE 
Kakuzi Ltd. 

Q1 
Public Power GDR SA (Reg S) 

Wednesday May 30 

INTERIMS 
Hiwave Technologies, Phytopharm 

INTERIM EX-DIVIDEND DATE 
A&J Mucklow Group, Baronsmead VCT, Baronsmead VCT 2, British Empire Securities & General Trust, Britvic, Daily Mail and General Trust, Hargreave Hale AIM VCT 1, Keystone Inv Trust, Local Shopping REIT, London Security, Lowland Investment Co, Majedie Investments, Marston's, Matchtech Group, Town Centre Securities 

QUARTERLY EX-DIVIDEND DATE 
Canaccord Financial Inc., Energy XXI (Bermuda) (Di), Premier Energy & Water Trust, Schlumberger Ltd. 

Business Climate Indicator (EU) (10:00) 
Crude Oil Inventories (US) (15:30) 
Economic Sentiment Indicator (EU) (10:00) 
M3 Money Supply (EU) (09:00) 
MBA Mortgage Applications (US) (12:00) 
Pending Homes Sales (US) (15:00) 
PMI Retail (EU) (09:00) 
PMI Retail (GER) (08:55) 

FINALS 
B.P. Marsh & Partners, GB Group, Severn Trent, Straight, Telford Homes 

ANNUAL REPORT 
Rotala 

SPECIAL EX-DIVIDEND PAYMENT DATE 
Octopus Eclipse VCT 2 

EGMS 
Irish Continental Group Units, Skywest Airlines Ltd. 

AGMS 
Centamin (DI), EnQuest, Gulfsands Petroleum, Hellenic Carriers Ltd., Hiscox Ltd., Irish Continental Group Units, Judges Scientific, London & Associated Properties, Northbridge Industrial Services, Proven Planned Exit VCT, Proven Planned Exit VCT A Shares, Raven Russia Ltd, Rotala, Royal Bank of Scotland Group, Stada Arzneimittel AG 

UK ECONOMIC ANNOUNCEMENTS 
Consumer Credit (09:30) 
M4 Money Supply (09:30) 
M4 Sterling Lending (09:30) 
Mortgage Approvals (09:30) 
Trends in Lending (09:30) 

Maven Income & Growth 3 VCT, Maven Income & Growth 4 VCT, Maven Income & Growth 4 VCT 'S' Shares, SIG 

FINAL EX-DIVIDEND DATE 
Amec, BlackRock Smaller Companies Trust, BrainJuicer Group, British American Inv Trust, Cable & Wireless Communications, Capital Shopping Centres Group, Christie Group, Cupid, Dillistone Group, Downing Planned Exit VCT 6, Downing Planned Exit VCT 7, Downing Planned Exit VCT 8, Downing Planned Exit VCT 9, Graphite Enterprise Trust, Great Portland Estates, Headlam Group, Hill & Smith Holdings, Hilton Food Group, Huntsworth, Intermediate Capital Group, Marks & Spencer Group, Martin Currie Global Portfolio Trust, National Grid, Nationwide Accident Repair Services, Networkers International, Octopus Eclipse VCT 2, Pacific Assets Trust, Rotala, S & U, Scottish Mortgage Inv Trust, Slingsby H.C, Spectris, Staffline Group, Tarsus Group, Xaar 

Q1 
Frutarom Industries Ltd GDR (Reg S), National Bank of Greece ADR 

Thursday May 31 

QUARTERLY PAYMENT DATE 
City of London Inv Trust 

Bloomberg Consumer Confidence (US) (14:45) 
Chicago PMI (US) (13:45) 
Continuing Claims (US) (13:30) 
GDP (Preliminary) (US) (13:30) 
Initial Jobless Claims (US) (13:30) 
International Reserves (EU) (11:00) 
Retail Sales (GER) (07:00) 
Unemployment Rate (GER) (08:55) 

FINALS 
Digital Learning Marketplace, Fulcrum Utility Services Ltd. (DI), Fuller Smith & Turner, Halfords Group, Metric Property Investments 

EGMS 
Espirito Santo Financial Group SA 

AGMS 
Alba Mineral Resources, Bisichi Mining, Central Asia Metals, Empyrean Energy, Kenmare Resources, Metminco Ltd., Petropavlovsk, PXP Vietnam Fund Ltd., Tangiers Petroleum Ltd (DI) 

TRADING ANNOUNCEMENTS 
Kingfisher 

Avesco Group, Bilfinger Berger Global Infrastructure Sicav S.A.(DI), EP Global Opportunities Trust, Keller Group, Lookers, Playtech Ltd., Reckitt Benckiser Group, Senior, SQS Software Quality Systems AG, Standard Life, Travis Perkins 

Q1 
Alpha Bank GDR (Reg S) USD, Frontline Ltd. 

Friday June 01 

INTERIM DIVIDEND PAYMENT DATE 
3½% War Loan, Next Fifteen Communications 

QUARTERLY PAYMENT DATE 
JPMorgan Claverhouse Inv Trust 

SPECIAL DIVIDEND PAYMENT DATE 
Admiral Group 

AGMS 
Bank of Georgia Holdings, China New Energy Limited, Shaft Sinkers Holdings, Sound Oil 

Admiral Group, AG Barr, Aga Rangemaster Group, Autoclenz Holdings, Avocet Mining, BAE Systems, Cobham, Croda International, CSR, Edinburgh US Tracker Trust, Elementis, Ferrexpo, Glencore International, Henry Boot, Highcroft Investment, InterContinental Hotels Group, International Personal Finance, ITV, Laird, Lupus Capital, Robinson, Weir Group

http://www.digitallook.com/news/20122275/Week_Ahead_Kingfisher_results_could_be_damp_squib.html

http://www.fx360.com/commentary/mat...teach-us-about-trading.aspx?num=1337966474096

Last edited:
Soldato
How about SKR Sunkar ex USSR phosphate mine super low value, drops another 12% today :o at least their government seems to like them, important in a one party state

RRL value dropping on half volume so far, not massively concerned. Today will be decided by USA open, do they confirm the slightly higher optimism leading upto Greek election or take another cynical swipe at the markets

I accidentally sold all my Weir but for a decent short term profit, they are strong (but low vol I think) for now so maybe I messed up. I reckon market will rewind, repeat re construe before we determine any actual direction up or down. ie. I will probably rebuy lower

I'd say BP is cheap but they got trouble with Russia fat cats?
Instead have some taken small bits of Enquest , rebought the 2011 encore share buyout via Premier shares, Kentz, Essar energy and Cairn

KAZ is 2 PE ? Telefonica is similar and pays 15% dividend, unprecedented values thanks to Spanish troubles yet they run UK mobiles, etc

HER is cheap? I have HOC and FRES but only a tiny bit of this. Shall I rebuy stuff I sold in March ?

#1 Youtube Finance channel -

Last edited:
Soldato
cc0iM.png

http://seekingalpha.com/article/627431-banco-santander-ignore-the-pain-in-spain

Amanda Drury ‏@MandyCNBC
US crude has now fallen 20% from peak..officially in bear mkt...on course for biggest mthly % drop in 2 yrs. #oil

Just bought back the WEIR I dumped in relative week start holiday high. Wish I had traded BG also though its been ok I guess.
I had Dollar maybe reaching trend resistance here, its risen strongly so Im starting to try and estimate a fallback. Seems fair timing
I sold Chesapeake yesterday and I'll buy it here hopefully on weakness.

I sold some Petra diamonds, Graff diamonds have failed an IPO in asia on all this doubt. I thought it'd kick back to PDL but its been ok more or less. Another 'commodity' undervalued I reckon like natural gas. Also got orders for RRL on further weakness, its still good ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom