Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
currently an III customer and the noted the new costs - can anyone recommend a decent broker with reasonable fees?

RRL on the move again and I've regained some of those losses - sold out RMP during its crash following the Puntland update and stuck into RRL when in the 6's so things are beginning to look up.

Soldato
Nice strength today and its done ok but probably needs something more to get over 9 then 11 just like that. Usually it has to loop round a few more times before jumping any particular barrier

Without Somalia whats the company worth, probably is nearer to 6 I guess without anything big elsewhere like Georgia

If we repeat year start action, it didnt wait long

LOL have you lot seen Yell over the last few weeks.
Lovely, I take it the div is gone now. Check out SKR or ZEN for sob stories. Caza and VGM also doing awful though Im not sure they are as terminal. VGM just needs 2000 gold and/or reduce costs

x3i9P.png

JjbKv.png
pqq2k.png

Last edited:
Soldato
currently an III customer and the noted the new costs - can anyone recommend a decent broker with reasonable fees?

RRL on the move again and I've regained some of those losses - sold out RMP during its crash following the Puntland update and stuck into RRL when in the 6's so things are beginning to look up.

i need to shift as well - no way I'm paying £20 a quarter to hold some stocks - I do very little "trading".

Soldato
i need to shift as well - no way I'm paying £20 a quarter to hold some stocks - I do very little "trading".

I'm with Barclays which is £12.95 per deal and you have to do one deal per month or get charged a small fee, can't remember what - might be £12.95.

Bit of a joke really, it almost forces you to deal on something you don't want to or perhaps sell some of your holding.

Not sure where else is free except just for deals?

Soldato
FSA is doing or has done a review called RDR I think. Its partly responsible for a few of these changes ongoing

All charges must be explicit not kick backs

I have iii also, they used to be white label halifax. AFAIK they wont charge for transferring stocks out now, I believe they have recently agreed to waiver this

Im considering xo selftrade and halifax . ST charges like Barclays but also includes the iii thing of 1.50 dealing which is how I often buy little batches of beaten up stocks that 'flatlined'. So that could be a nice one, I doubled my holding of RRL from 2010 recently and that turned nice so far. Anyway it means you only have to spend 1.50 x 4 per year .
XO is free and halifax too and does regular deal for 2. Im not sure if RDR will cause any further complications.
You say investments, if you mean funds I guess HL is cheap

Selftrade is part of Socgen. They are the most sophisicated broker Ive had, you can hold some very extreme stuff in that account basically deal options - or not of course

Anyone who deals over 10k might find entirely different is cheapest like
http://www.interactivebrokers.co.uk/en/main.php

I've also got some paper shares that need transferred to electronic
I know Halifax will transfer those to nominee on request. Why do you have to do that though

Soldato
Yep if I was holding I'd want paper but electronic is a lot cheaper to deal though halifax is not the cheapest.
You could always sell with them and buy it back elsewhere if you intend to play the high/low game

2013 is when changes must finalise apparently. Share.com say give us 2500 and you can deal free for a year :eek: otherwise 2.50 a quarter

List of dual listed companies for ISA

Code:
AFFERRO MINING INC  - Toronto   - AFF
ALEXANDER MINING   - Toronto  -  AXD
ANTRIM ENERGY  -  Toronto   - AEN
ARIAN SILVER CORPORATION   - Toronto  -  AGQ
ASIAN CITRUS HOLDINGS   - Hong Kong   - ACHL
AUREUS MINING INC.  -  Toronto  -  AUE
BANKERS PETROLEUM  -  Toronto  -  BNK
BCB HLDGS LTD ORD NPV  -  Bermuda  -  BCBH
BERKELEY RESOURCES  -  Australia  -  BKY
CAZA OIL & GAS  -  Toronto  -  CAZA
CERAMIC FUEL CELLS NPV  -  Australia  -  CFU
CLUFF GOLD  -  Toronto  -  CLF
COAL OF AFRICA  -  Australia  -  CZA
COASTAL ENERGY  -  Toronto  -  CEN
CONTINENTAL COAL LTD  -  Australia  -  COOL
CQS RIG FINANCE FUND LTD ORD NPV  -  Channel Islands  -  CQS
DISCOVERY METALS LIMITED  -  Australia  -  DME
DORIC NIMROD AIR ONE LTD  - Channel Islands  -  DNA
DORIC NIMROD AIR TWO LTD  - Channel Islands  -  DNA2
DRAGON OIL  -  Dublin  -  DGO
EASTERN PLATINUM  -  Toronto  -  ELR
ELAN CORP ORD EUR0.05  -  Dublin
EMED MINING PUBLIC ORD GBP0.0025  -  Toronto  -  EMD
EUROPEAN GOLDFIELDS  -  Toronto  -  EGU
FERRUM CRESCENT LTD  -  Australia  -  FCR
FORTE ENERGY NL NPV  -  Australia  -  FTE
GALANTAS GOLD CORPORATION  -  Toronto  -  GAL
GLOBAL PETROLEUM LIMITED NPV  -  Australia  -  GBP
GREENWICH LOAN INCOME  -  Channel Islands  -  GLI
HORIZONTE MINERALS PLC  -  Toronto  -  HZM
ITHACA ENERGY  -  Toronto  -  IAE
JUBILEE PLATINUM ORD GBP0.01  -  Johannesburg  -  JLP
JUPITER ENERGY  -  Australia  -  JPR
KALIMANTAN GOLD CORPORATION  -  Toronto  -  KLG
KIRKLAND LAKE GOLD INC COM NPV  -  Toronto  -  KGI
LEYSHON RESOURCES  -  Australia  -  LRL
MARIANA RESOURCES LTD  -  Toronto  -  MRY
MEDUSA MINING  -  Australia  -  MML
METMINCO LIMITED  -  Australia  -  MNC
MINERA IRL LTD ORD NPV  -  Toronto  -  IRL
NAUTILUS MINERALS INC COM NPV (DI)  -  Toronto  -  NUS
NOVENTA  -  Toronto  -  NTA
NYOTA MINERALS LIMITED  -  Australia  -  NYO
OILEX LTD NPV  -  Australia  -  OEX
OROSUR MINING INC COM NPV  -  Toronto  -  OMI
ORSU METALS CORPORATION  -  Toronto  -  OSU
PAN AFRICAN RESOURCES  -  Johannesburg  -  PAF
PATAGONIA GOLD  - Toronto  -  PAT
POLO RESOURCES  -  Toronto  -  POL
RANGE RESOURCES  -  Australia  -  RRS
RCG HOLDINGS  -  Hong Kong  -  RCG
RED EMPEROR RESOURCES  -  Australia  -  RMP
SACOIL HLDGS LTD  -  Johannesburg  -  SCL
SANDVINE CORPORATION COM NPV  -  Toronto  -  SVC
SCOTGOLD RESOURCES  -  Australia  -  SGZ
SERABI MINING  -  Toronto  -  SBI
SERICA ENERGY PLC ORD USD0.10  -  Toronto  -  SQZ
SHORE CAPITAL GROUP LTD  -  Bermuda  -  SGR
SINCLAIR PHARMA  -  Paris  -  SPH
SYLVANIA PLATINUM LTD  -  Australia  -  SLP
SYNCHRONICA PLC  -  Toronto  -  SYNC
TURBO POWER SYSTEM INC COM NPV  -  Toronto  -  TPS
VERSATILE SYSTEMS  -  Toronto  -  VV
WASABI ENERGY  -  Australia  -  WAS
WOLF MINERALS LTD  -  Australia  -  WLF
XCITE ENERGY  -  Toronto  -  XEL
http://www.tradersown.co.uk/magazine/read/dual-listed-aim-stocks-for-your-isa_438.html

Im told AFFERRO is good but Im looking at BEM and HER as cheaper on no news, not sure as I dont have the full picture

Argentina loses a third of its dollar deposits

Fri Jun 8, 2012 4:46pm EDT

* Argentines reacting to foreign exchange restrictions

* About $100 mln in dollars withdrawn every day
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/08/argentina-dollar-idUSL1E8H8EJA20120608
Bad news for BP in argentina though the government likes them ?

There is some sort of 100bn bailout deal for Spain maybe. Doesnt seem large enough to make markets jump up on monday but maybe..

Secure message received from ii

>>>>>>

Dear silversurfer

Thank you for updating us on your account,

We will not levy a charge for any transfer out requests we receive on or before 31 July 2012. In some circumstances it can take up to 8 weeks to complete a transfer, but as long as your new provider instructs us in writing before 31 July 2012, the transfer will be free of charge.

Providing we receive your instruction before 30 June 2012 the first quarterly fee payment will be waived while your transfer is underway.

Our address is as follows:

Interactive Investor
2 West Regent Street
Glasgow
G2 1RW

If you have any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact us on 0845 200 3637.

Kind Regards

Kim Sandilands
Customer Service Executive

Last edited:
Soldato
yeah - need to pull my finger out and shift from iii now they have given the option to move without a charge.

Think I will dump them with x-o for now

Need to consider putting my SIPP and shares on a platform so I can keep an eye on both at the same time.

Soldato
Going to take the plunge on BP as they are lower than what I originally bought it for. Not by much, but I'm sure they will grow steadily towards the end of the year, hopefully past 500p.

Soldato
If it held this weeks lows it could match 2011 and 2010 lowest prices.

I think it needs to breakout here (ie. its at a top), maybe if they sell TNK russia at a good price as its so risky.
That would be a good trade unfortunately I usually hold not sell at a loss so Im already underwater on BP, think I'll pass

500 is a conservative target.

Soldato
:D good question

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/cJmqI.jpg[/IMG]
ej7H2.png
uINsF.jpg
Mni0q.jpg

http://wardheernews.com/Articles_10/Sept/11_puntland_leadership_artan.html

The somewhat larger Range Resources (LSE: RRL) slipped by 7% after an update on its interests in Colombia -- the shares are down 0.6p to 8.4p.
Other movers include New World Oil & Gas (LSE: NEW), down 0.3p -- 3% -- to 10.8p, while Xcite Energy (LSE: XEL) barely budged on news of an agreement with BP (LSE: BP), and Condor Resources (LSE: CNR) gained nearly 4% to 3.5p after a positive drilling report.

I didnt even know they were in Colombia. Normal profit taking I think

"Leveraging off our significant Trinidad operations financially, technically and logistically, Colombia further strengthens our current and future production growth profile as we head towards 10,000 bopd by 2014."

In a few years they may make one fifth of what BP was throwing away on one of their mistakes:o I bought some Essr but they are weak from Iran oil sanctions

CONDOR RESOURCES PLC (CNR.LN), a gold explorer focused on its La India Project in Nicaragua, said that exploration drilling on the La India Vein Set has demonstrated that wide zones of high-grade gold mineralization were left in the wall rock of the historic mine, supporting its belief that the India-California vein trend has the potential to support open-pit mining.

The company said the initial results have demonstrated that the California veins extend to the surface, and therefore are expected to add gold ounces to the Indicated category, the overall mineral resource, and they have returned widths and grades of gold mineralization extending to surface that are expected to prove feasible for open pit mining.

Shares +0.1 pence, or 3.7%, at 3.5 pence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom