Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
This seems a radical move but it only cost them 1 quid to buy apparently

12 June 2012

Sainsbury's moves into e-book space with acquisition of majority stake in online books platform Anobii

Sainsbury's has today announced the acquisition of HMV Group plc's shareholding in Anobii Limited, a social network and online retailer of e-books. As a result of the transaction and Sainsbury's investment in the future development of the business, it is anticipated that Sainsbury's will have a 64% stake in Anobii.

never heard of them

Soldato
Ah... So just divide by 10 and that's my profit?

I don't quite understand what you are asking but if you divide the price now by 10 you will get the price it was before the 10 to 1 consolidation

Profit = (No of share sold X price) - (number of share bought x price)

Assuming you sell all your holdings.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its just a price tag change basically. Look at the market cap and its the same.
Aim companies like Xcite dump shares onto the market, which brings the price down. RBS did the oppisite and took 9/10 away (xcite did get 30m in exchange but still... :( )

Here is the 3yr adjusted price graph to make it clearer nothing much changed

yfDWNl.png.jpg

RBS and Lloyds did gain slightly though from various 'news'
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...lled-by-140bn-plan-to-kick-start-economy.html

Last edited:
Soldato
They offer shares, what else could a man want :p

Theres a long discussion on MSE about alternatives. If you own funds, HL doesnt charge but RDR dictates they must also alter their charges and to what we do not know yet.

I think you can split off which goes where. Im going to paper but BNC is foreign so I send it to xo probably, deadline is next friday to avoid charges I think

Soldato
bonds Im thinking selftrade who will deal almost anything you can dream of.
They do charge an activity fee but also define a regular investment service of 1.50 as activity

I dont hold bonds directly so I wouldnt know exactly. Didnt FTSE start trading bonds like shares, xo might deal Im not sure.
I read Range sold a fair few bonds but not publicly I guess. XEL been doing the finances recently also.

Bonds and debt often form the majority of company 'worth' so if anyone knows a really good site to track bonds it would be good to know for research purposes otherwise I would say selftrade

Last edited:
Soldato
cJy5s.png

This would be funny except the price value has dropped 20% in real terms. Just dropped 7p while I was doing that chart above. A rough look and I think 50 is a reasonable area for it to rest. Otherwise 20-25 is the next obvious point

The reason it could be down today is people with limit orders selling, I dont know as that seems too obvious.
Gold price is holding same lows for over a year now, it needs to break out and the trend says it has to fall round about now

I'd like to top up CNR presuming there was no news for this

[48p is 2.4p old price 20:1]

Anglo Asian Mining (LON:AAZ) saw a modest gain after it reported that it continued to make steady progress at its flagship Gedabek mine in western Azerbaijan.

The group produced 57,068 ounces of gold, 611 tonnes of copper and 173,326 ounces of silver for the year ending 31 December.

And it says solid production and low operating costs of US$448 per ounce of gold have allowed it to enjoy a period of increasing profitability.

Chief executive Reza Vaziri says: "I believe the rest of the year and beyond will be highly exciting in terms of news flow and value drivers, and that all the foundations are in place from which to deliver significant growth as we develop Anglo Asian as a multiple gold mining company in Caucasia."
That sounds awfully cheap share/production, 4.6PE

Last edited:
Associate
Was away for a week, imagine my suprise opening the shareprice app when I eventually got a signal. I thought my eyes were bust at the CNR price, 2 mins later normal service resumes ie. The misery of -ve figures lol

I have no idea what is going on with CNR at the moment, the historical charts make me want to cry given all the good news we've had. The additional drop following this consolidation is further adding to the misery. I'm over 50% down on my original investment now, but determined not to pull it out.

ORE is another one that continues to disappoint.

Starting to sense a pattern with these goldies... :(

Certainly looking that way at the moment, massive grades realised today.

Pull2808 - here's hoping ORE announce the same, would go some way to making up the loss I've got with CNR. 135p average in them at the moment.

Soldato
I thought CNR was going up because their name is literally gold now :p Theres actually good news ? Volume is high I think

GKP recovers also

28m at 1.63g/t from 49m drill depth further demonstrates near surface open pit potential.

1.63g/t doesnt sound high grade to me and 49m is a heck of a dig for your bucket and spade

LIDC109 intercepted 12.2m at 34.79g/t from 173m drill depth which is 50m underneath an intercept of 34m true width at 2.31g/t (LIDC067). Grade increasing at depth.
· LIDC121 intercepted 6.65m at 32.23g/t from 111m drill depth which is 100m underneath an intercept of 15.5m true width at 7.39g/t from surface (LIRC102).
· 11m at 10.45g/t from 97m drill depth is 50m along strike from LIRC105 which returned 25.1m true width at 7.73g/t.
Thats like finding Krugerrands in your back yard except a tad deeper, much better. I'd like it if they had some cashflow possible easily

Last edited:
LIDC109 intercepted 12.2m at 34.79g/t from 173m drill depth which is 50m underneath an intercept of 34m true width at 2.31g/t (LIDC067). Grade increasing at depth.
· LIDC121 intercepted 6.65m at 32.23g/t from 111m drill depth which is 100m underneath an intercept of 15.5m true width at 7.39g/t from surface (LIRC102).
· 11m at 10.45g/t from 97m drill depth is 50m along strike from LIRC105 which returned 25.1m true width at 7.73g/t.

However... :D Sod the bucket and shovel if you've got that in the ground.

Back
Top Bottom