Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Forgot I had some small holdings in the dreadful KEA! (-99.43% for me) - it was only some scraps I invested about 4 years ago.

Got this today -

On 19th November 2015, Kea Petroleum PLC announced it is to cancel the admission to trading of its Ordinary shares on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM).

The Company's Ordinary shares have been suspended from trading since 26th May 2015 and it is expected that the Effective Date of the Cancellation will be 27th November 2015.

The Company's Directors have concluded it is not feasible to proceed with plans to convert the Company into an Investing Company. Consequently, it has initiated procedures to voluntarily wind up the Company.

Accordingly, the Directors will call meetings of members and creditors to seek the approval of the appointment of Stephen Cork and Joanne Milner of Cork Gully LLP as Joint Liquidators. It is expected these meetings will be held in December 2015.

Should you retain your holding of Kea Petroleum we will notify you on receipt of any further information from the Company.

Should you wish to find more information about the Cancellation, please visit the Kea Petroleum website, www.keapetroleum.com.

Caporegime
I could have started a new thread but I thought this might be as good a place as any to ask - anyone put any money in to any crowd finance sites (e.g. Funding Circle)? The returns look quite good and it seems like as long as you diversify sufficiently, then your risk is quite a bit lower as well. I've just put some spare money in to start with so just interested in the views of anyone who's perhaps been on there for a while.

might be best to start a new thread if you want more people to see that question, this thread is more related to investing/trading equities

Associate
What are people's thoughts in emerging markets, they are down a lot so it seems a good time to buy, I only put 5000 usd in and it's at a loss so I want to buy more!!

Associate
I am investing long term for my pension in index funds , so I was looking at vanguard emerging market etf, but recently I just saw how much porsche has dropped, it seems like a good buy!

Associate
What are people's thoughts in emerging markets, they are down a lot so it seems a good time to buy, I only put 5000 usd in and it's at a loss so I want to buy more!!
I am investing long term for my pension in index funds , so I was looking at vanguard emerging market etf, but recently I just saw how much porsche has dropped, it seems like a good buy!

I'm fairly new to investing but "it's gone down so it must go up!" or "I've lost money so I'm going to put more in to make up for it" (known as averaging down) is widely criticised as a decision.

Why do you think they are going to go up?

Last edited:
Associate
I'm fairly new to investing but "it's gone down so it must go up!" or "I've lost money so I'm going to put more in to make up for it" (known as averaging down) is widely criticised as a decision.

Why do you think they are going to go up?

I have faith in the Chinese economy for the long term, so I don't think it's a risk. I'll keep putting money monthly into that and the ftse. I just bought 5500 USD of VW shares, I don't think the company is going anywhere and will be better run after the scandal.

Soldato
I would rather spread out equity purchases over a year, telegraph did an article 12 days of xmas oncoming with big finance decision by FED ECB that could 'alter the world' Its essentially trillions in the balance so not that great an exaggeration

Bloomberg Business ‏@business 3h3 hours ago
Volkswagen believed to be planning $21 billion bridge financing deal to cover scandal http://bloom.bg/1OwNLWi

China does have a slightly ironic problem, not enough people. Or least a falling working population which does cause effects in an economy such as a rising labour cost possibly inflation, lack of growth

Associate
I have faith in the Chinese economy for the long term, so I don't think it's a risk. I'll keep putting money monthly into that and the ftse. I just bought 5500 USD of VW shares, I don't think the company is going anywhere and will be better run after the scandal.

I wish I had the spare cash to do this mate but you are right on the money.

Investing is (for me anyway) a 20-30 year horizon. VW has fantastic brands which are not going out of date anytime soon. They will sell cars this year and they will sell cars for the forseable and repair their reputation - what happened will just be a blip in 5+ years. You can buy a great company for a great price and you'll be laughing in the years to come.

Soldato
Big blip but yea main point would be their business product remaining in demand

Saudi Arabia has challenged other big oil producers to join it in output cuts, saying it will back actions to shore up prices next year if these are mirrored by rivals both inside and outside the cartel.
While the proposal from Opec’s de facto leader sets a high bar for a deal and is unlikely to lead to a cut at Friday’s meeting in Vienna, it paves the way for a possible agreement in the future.

It also marks a softening in tone from the world’s largest oil exporter
, which led the cartel’s shift in policy a year ago, arguing that keeping the taps open would put pressure on high-cost rivals. The move upended the oil industry and triggered the biggest price slump in at least a decade.
kinda a big deal

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4d0b6adc-998a-11e5-95c7-d47aa298f769.html#axzz3tIV1Ymwh

t7v9B8o.jpg
https://t.co/ps4lHnF8ji

Miner meltdown: If you had invested £100 in each of the 7 FTSE-100 listed miners in June 2011, ie £700, you would have £280 left today...

Last edited:
Caporegime
interactive brokers is better value for CFDs - it looks like Ayondo use the bucket shop model anyway which presents its own inherent conflicts of interest, interactive brokers on the other hand just acts as a broker and you'll deal with the actual order book at the exchange via them. IG Markets also offers this but they charge more.

the prospect of shadowing supposed top traders is a bit dubious - there are some potential issues there with regards to how fills are allocated etc.. also how performance is evaluated to begin with.

Associate
Gents,

Recently I invested some money through a colleague on a tip from a old college mate. This has returned a sizable amount of money.

For this I am looking to invest another 3k however would like abit more control. What Brokers do people recommend to sign up for? many seem to offer some advantages, but any recommendations?

Thanks.

Associate
Well to be honest I am very green at this and the stock market. Basically A colleague knew of a company who was collecting a very large contract. I agreed to invest 3k in shares gave him the money. Then sat for 2 weeks, then was handed 4.5k back due to the share increase. That is all I know.

Therefore I am in for a lot of research and reading I know but I am interested and willing to put the time in to investigate doing this further.

Soldato
Gents,

Recently I invested some money through a colleague on a tip from a old college mate. This has returned a sizable amount of money.

For this I am looking to invest another 3k however would like abit more control. What Brokers do people recommend to sign up for? many seem to offer some advantages, but any recommendations?

Thanks.

When I looked around the big names around were all much of a muchness frankly: Hargreaves Lansdown, TD Waterhouse, Barclays. I'd stick with the bigger names just for safety. Unless you are planning to do a lot of trading, its not worth shopping around on price.

Back
Top Bottom