*Transfer Window 2014/15 Season Rumours/Signings *AKA Man U fans listing every player under the Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Transfer gossip/rumours are starting to heat up.

Vidic to Inter Milan is apparently a done deal.

Inter have reached an agreement with Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic, with the 32-year-old having agreed a two-year contract.

Source: Tuttosport

Lloris going to Arsenal or Barca?

Olivier Giroud claims Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris would be open to making a controversial move to Spurs' fierce north London rivals Arsenal.

source

What will Manchester United look like at the start of next season? If we can get at least two or three of our targets I'd be happy. Our shopping list is quite expensive. Reus and Vidal please.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Chezny and Lloris fighting for no1 spot would be a good dual..

Barca just signed Ter Stegen but are now rumoured to wanting Lloris as their #1 and Ter Stegen to be their #2. Both Barca keepers leaving in the summer. I don't really rate Llros that highly, Szczęsny hasn't done a whole lot wrong at Arsenal.

Juventus are now interested in Kroos. I'd love to see Kroos at UNITED as he can play in defensive and advanced roles.

Soldato
Lloris is a quality keeper, but I wouldn't be interested in having him at Arsenal. More than happy with Sczezsney(?) in goal. Much more important is a tough/defensive midfielder and a striker. Some more cover for defense would be nice, but I wouldn't say it's urgent.

Soldato
OP
Lloris is a quality keeper, but I wouldn't be interested in having him at Arsenal. More than happy with Sczezsney(?) in goal. Much more important is a tough/defensive midfielder and a striker. Some more cover for defense would be nice, but I wouldn't say it's urgent.

Is Benzema still a target for Arsenal? He would fit in perfectly at that club. I don't see Real holding onto Benzema for another season. Jesse is out shining him right now and there are far better strikers Real could have upfront.

If Liverpool don't get into the CL, Real should be able to persuade him... but at what price.

Man of Honour
Can't wait for us to sign Vidal, Pogba and Kroos.

This is going to be the most insane transfer window for us... ever. We've got to get in at least 4 really top quality players. And a couple of potentially excellent squad players. All without Champions League football. Possibly after a World Cup too.

I expect Moyes will still be in charge for it all.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
What we need is a box to box midfielder and let Rooney focus on scoring goals. We rely way too much on Rooney now in midfield.

With Evra, Rio and Vidic all going in the summer, we need to sign an experienced defender. Evans, Jones and Smalling aren't there yet.

I just hope come the start of next season we don't have a team that looks anything like the one we have now.

Man of Honour
For Liverpool, well, overall happy with the strike force (IF we can keep hold of Suarez), I'm happy with the midfield and the wingers on the whole. Perhaps 1 more pacey playmaker/winger would be nice. Happy with Mignolet in goal.

Which really just leaves one area, and I think its the area we should strengthen on imo, our defence. We don't seem to really have a set pair of centre backs and its almost chop and change there every week. I still don't think we have replaced the "take charge" type of player that we had in Carragher. Both left and right back positions are also in a near constant state of flux. Truth be told, I can usually predict who will form our attack and midfield on match day, but I can never predict who the back 4 will be. It needs some stability back there and a preferred starting 4.

So would like to see some defenders brought in during the summer.

One thing I must say, I am not at all a big fan of buying players just because they had a good world cup, as many seem to fail miserably after a good world cup. So I don't want to see us snapping at someone who did well in Brazil, unless they are proven beforehand.

Soldato
In:
Left sided forward (that ukrainian will do)
Right sided CB
LWB
RWB
Will Hughes
Borini, Wisdom and Suso coming back from loan

Out:
Agger
Reina
Johnson
Aspas
Kelly

Personally I'm worried abou that many defensive changes, I was hoping they would go for a CB partner for Sahko in the window just gone to bed him in a bit. I dont fancy the idea of taking on the League and any possible CL campaign with a brand new back 4.

Soldato
With financial fair play kicking in it will be interesting to see how big-name transfers are affected. Certainly teams that have huge annual revenues (Barca and Real) will gain an advantage in relative terms, and clubs with big-money owners (Chelsea, Man City, PSG) will be more heavily restricted. Hopefully it will make big clubs more willing to sell their top players.

As a Chelsea supporter obviously I'm hoping for a big-name and in form striker. Chelsea haven't had too much luck buying big-name strikers in the past (Torres, Shevchenko, Crespo to name a few) but I think they'll need to take a dip again.

With Falcao injured I think Cavani will be the top transfer target, but if he can be prised away from PSG then he will probably cost around £60m. The rumours of Chelsea making a £55m bid for Suarez are interesting... Much as I dislike Suarez, he's clearly on top form, and proven in the premiership. If he can be persuaded to move then he would be ideal, but frankly I don't see him going anywhere other than Real. And the £55m that Metro quote won't be close to enough after the season he's had.

Aside from a striker, I think that we really just need to look at long-term replacements for Cole and Terry. I think that Luke Shaw would be a very good buy, but it seems that there is competition with Man U, and the need to spend big on a striker may preclude any other large bids in the summer.

Honestly, I think that Chelsea have bought very well this past year - Willian has performed nicely, and Matic in particular looks to be an inspired purchase for the kind of approach Mourinho wants to take. Kurt Zouma seems like a decent investment for £12m also. With the addition of a top quality striker I think the team is well set for the next few seasons.

I think that Torres and Ba will both be sold early on in the summer window, and that Lukaku will return to the squad to be number 2 striker. Ashley Cole will leave free in the summer, and (hopefully) Luke Shaw will be brought in. Beyond that, I don't think Chelsea will be chasing any top players, though they'll probably continue their habit of buying a few 16-19 year olds in the <£10m bracket to send out on loan.

Edit: The Mirror is reporting that Lukaku could be the one sold. In this case I assume we would keep Torres (ugh). I suppose that Lukaku is probably the more valuable player (~£25m?), and finding a buyer for Torres might not be easy, given his form and high wages (he's on £175k at Chelsea).

Last edited:
Soldato
Cabella said he is leaving in the summer. Hopefully to eventually replace Cabaye :)

IN:
Cabella
Grenier
Remy
CB

OUT:
Shola
Obertan
Gosling
Gutierrez
Marveaux
Taylor

HBA and Santon have a lot to prove as well before the end of the season, otherwise I wouldn't be too fussed about them leaving either

Man of Honour
there's been a load of rumours for a while, just type it in to google

I have, I can see one article on the Daily Mirror that's a massive reach, so I'd say it's pretty unlikely at the moment at least. The only club properly linked have been City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom