TV Licence Super Thread

Permabanned
Not remotely that's just a poor excuse to defend the BBC. How do you explain all the none white ragers who don't have issues with modern life or any other content and only find BBC woke?

Just not seeing it. On the whole its fairly balanced, swings either way from time to time but is mostly unbiased. Woke is the wrong term as well, progressive might fit better and again on the whole thats not a bad thing.

Soldato
Just not seeing it. On the whole its fairly balanced, swings either way from time to time but is mostly unbiased. Woke is the wrong term as well, progressive might fit better and again on the whole thats not a bad thing.
I don't see them as remotely progressive. If they where progressive I wouldn't have a problem with them. The BBC are constantly failing to meet decent impartiality standards that they used to meet. They are also moving far to much into woke nonsense that is not just people complaining over minor things. BBC hasn't been balanced or impartial in years.

Progressive is good but BBC are not Progressive they are woke which is bad along with there worsening bias.

EDIT: This years watchdog report consistently rate the BBC less favorable for impartiality, adding that complaints about BBC content have more than trebled. BBC's own annual reports have mentioned how they failed on impartiality and bias.

Anyone watching BBC thinking they are getting an impartial none bias viewpoint are fooling themselfs.

Soldato
I don't see them as remotely progressive. If they where progressive I wouldn't have a problem with them. The BBC are constantly failing to meet decent impartiality standards that they used to meet. They are also moving far to much into woke nonsense that is not just people complaining over minor things. BBC hasn't been balanced or impartial in years.

Progressive is good but BBC are not Progressive they are woke which is bad along with there worsening bias.

I'm struggling to think of a more neutral (centric) news organisation than the BBC tbh, what news provider do you read / watch that gives a less biased / unopinionated viewpoint than the BBC?

All this BBC is woke stuff is just the usual older people being angry about what younger people believe in now. Yes Dr. Who is rubbish but that is poor writing, its been struggling for years. Yes the BBC shows a lot of diversity in its programming but then so does every other network / streaming platform. If you want an all white, straight male cast then you'll have to tune in to some Eastern European channels.

As for shoehorning stuff in, I hate how right wing tabloids shoehorn the word woke in to every sodding story now. Its tiresome and poor journalism.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm struggling to think of a more neutral (centric) news organisation than the BBC tbh, what news provider do you read / watch that gives a less biased / unopinionated viewpoint than the BBC?

All this BBC is woke stuff is just the usual older people being angry about what younger people believe in now. Yes Dr. Who is rubbish but that is just poor writing, its been struggling for years. Yes the BBC shows a lot of diversity in its programming but then so does every other network / streaming platform. If you want an all white, straight male cast then you'll to tune in to some Eastern European channels.

As for shoehorning stuff in, I hate how right wing tabloids shoehorn the word woke in to every sodding story now. Its tiresome and poor journalism.
My viewpoint is more they are no longer neutral (centric) and are no longer any better than any of the other options. BBC are no longer any better in regards to less biased / unopinionated viewpoints. Its not so much that there are better options, rather that the BBC is no longer an improvement in that regards over other options. I used to love the old BBC but it has lost its way big time in my mind. diversity is fine, forced shoehorning and woke nonsense is what I don't like.

Caporegime
My viewpoint is more they are no longer neutral (centric) and are no longer any better than any of the other options. BBC are no longer any better in regards to less biased / unopinionated viewpoints. Its not so much that there are better options, rather that the BBC is no longer an improvement in that regards over other options. I used to love the old BBC but it has lost its way big time in my mind. diversity is fine, forced shoehorning and woke nonsense is what I don't like.

You didn't answer his first question, what news source do you use that is less biased?

Caporegime
Whatever the governments reason for scrapping the BBC licence 2027 is very long over due.

I will admit, i can't stand them, the way they demonize anyone who doesn't agree with their insane politics, the way they threaten those who can least afford it , the way they feel entitled to your money to pay for their own biased political agenda.

Like any entity who get guaranteed public funding while also not being answerable to that public its stuffed full of narcissistic crazy people, i don't want a penny of public money to go to these ######, like everyother media outlet they should have to provide a service i want to use to get my money.

Good riddance!

Caporegime
I rarely read / watch the news and thoroughly enjoy the bliss ignorance for the most part but I very rarely take anything any of the media outlets at face value.

If you want a proper rounded view on world events, check a few (credible, none of this infowars junk) sources and form my opinion by myself.

Permabanned
Whatever the governments reason for scrapping the BBC licence 2027 is very long over due.

I will admit, i can't stand them, the way they demonize anyone who doesn't agree with their insane politics, the way they threaten those who can least afford it , the way they feel entitled to your money to pay for their own biased political agenda.

Like any entity who get guaranteed public funding while also not being answerable to that public its stuffed full of narcissistic crazy people, i don't want a penny of public money to go to these ######, like everyother media outlet they should have to provide a service i want to use to get my money.

Good riddance!

Top lols

Soldato
It's not being scrapped, that's just the end of their current charter. It's renewed periodically and changes or closures are discussed each time, the government didn't decide anything recently. 2027 was set at the inception of this charter.

like everyother media outlet they should have to provide a service i want to use to get my money.
Out of interest DO any media outlets get any of your money? Or do you use free-to-access services that get funding from other sources?

Caporegime
It should have been scrapped years ago, much of the content could just as well be commercially funded - they already have a commercial entity to sell content overseas, I don't see why they can't be part commercial in the UK too.

No reason why the likes of Radio 1, Radio 2 etc.. or programs like EastEnders or various BBC dramas can't be broadcast commercially in the UK.

Keep the public funding for things like the world service, news, political/current affairs programs and maybe some cultural stuff that isn't commercially viable.

Worth noting though that we do have another state-owned broadcaster, Channel 4 is funded commercially yet has a public service remit and is owned by the state.

Associate
It should have been scrapped years ago, much of the content could just as well be commercially funded - they already have a commercial entity to sell content overseas, I don't see why they can't be part commercial in the UK too.

100% agree, if they do this overseas why can’t they do it here. Let them stand on their own two feet.

Soldato
We've actually been contemplating the last few weeks on cancelling our TV licence.

Out of the last 3 months about 1-2% of our viewing time has been on live TV, and of the content we do view on live TV we could just as easily watch it on demand - for non BBC.

I think we'll give it a trial for 3/6 months and see how we go.

Permabanned
BBC actually had the cheek to increase the price to £180.... :cry:

Hopefully by the time it unfreezes, the licence will be de-criminalized and redundant, along with many BBC employees.

This made me laugh yesterday, BBC presenter gets a surprise when he puts out a poll.... Finger on the pulse Stadlen... :eek::D

Capture.jpg

Back
Top Bottom