TV Licence Super Thread

Associate
Well they didn't bother showing up on the 1st of June so they must be coming "on another day" so that letter and the way it is written is next to useless.

I've experienced the same, quite a few times, lots of threatening letters giving me a date I should expect a visit and nothing.

I have actually had a visit but that was a couple of years ago - these letters just let them add to the scare tactics I guess.

Soldato
Well they didn't bother showing up on the 1st of June so they must be coming "on another day" so that letter and the way it is written is next to useless.
Send them a bill. Say you took a day off work as per the letter and lost a days wage when no one turned up. Some people have taken them to court and used the letters as evidence against them and then won.

Soldato
The only way to deal with this utter garbage..

TsyrG7T.png

I'm not going to bother telling the BBC I don't need a license this time, and I'll enjoy telling the Capita bullies to **** off when they come knocking :D
how does watching stuff on youtube count?! do they mean via a smart TV? cos if i watch, eg, the live Depp court streams on my PC via the internet i don't see how the BBC get a cut of that?

Man of Honour
what exactly do these home visits entail? do they just turn up and see if they detect signals?
They turn up, knock on the door, ask you questions on the doorstep, ask to come in and have a look around. Unless they have a court order (which they won't) they have no more right to enter your house than a random person walking past - which is exactly what they are. Never let them in, even if you genuinely don't need a license. Also never talk to them on the doorstep. Just politely close the door.

Reactions: KIA
Soldato
what exactly do these home visits entail? do they just turn up and see if they detect signals?
Signal detection is a myth.
They try to get personal info out of you which they would need in a case against you.
They snoop around your house and try to talk their way into your house to check out your tv situation, to get enough grounds for a case against you.
They try to get you to admit guilt, to get grounds for a case against you.

Basically never identify yourself to someone who knocks on your door, as is standard practice for any rando who comes knocking.
Never continue a conversation with them, as is standard for any rando who comes knocking.
And never let them in your house, as is standard for any rando who comes knocking.

Soldato
I used to have a Boss at work who would always work the late shift for the OT rates and sit on the cake ingredients with his handheld TV enjoying the football. Great boss but in that case you would need the TV licence personally. Only exclusion I can think of is students away from home are covered by their parents license, seem to remember reading that. Your mates house and the pub are somebody elses property, tv, etc. I think pubs pay a lot for a licence to broadcast publicly, or maybe thats just SKY

I wonder about watching a live broadcast of football say Amazon on a laptop while sitting at the Library, not sure then.

Back
Top Bottom