TV Licence Super Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Ken
  • Start date Start date
There is that stupid word again being used incorrectly. Woke is actually a positive thing. At least it was when it started being used back in the 1920s. Only in the past 3+ years has it been used and abused by some to try and make being woke bad..

There is that stupid word again being used incorrectly. Woke is actually a positive thing. At least it was when it started being used back in the 1920s. Only in the past 3+ years has it been used and abused by some to try and make being woke bad..
I think it's because the movement (if you can call it that) has been seemingly hijacked by oppressive twitter dwelling types, to try and force change and cancel/shut down anything they don't agree with.

I quite like Ricky Gervais' recent definition of the two types that now exist, seems pretty accurate to me, as we all should be the actual woke; rather than the aforementioned 'activist' type.

I am not a big follower of politics. Has either main party committed to abolishing the license fee after its current charter expires?

It's quite sickening how the government have slashed funding to local authorities over the last 10 or 15 years. Yet if we want to watch TV we are still forced to pay for a license fee in order to prop up the BBCs balance sheet.

Last edited:
I am not a big follower of politics. Has either main party committed to abolishing the license fee after its current charter expires?
Reform UK say they will in their first 100 days. But they won't win so who cares.
All that matters is what Labour would do, they haven't said, but they've previously talked about: reinstating free licenses for old people, free licenses for benefits scroungers, making 'rich' people pay more.

Benefits scroungers is a bit harsh. Some have very valid reasons for being on it. Many would also rather not be on them. I know this as I am currently on them for health reasons.

Last edited:

It's quite sickening how the government have slashed funding to local authorities over the last 10 or 15 years. Yet if we want to watch TV we are still forced to pay for a license fee in order to prop up the BBCs balance sheet.

Either BBC dies or everyone has to pay.
Not looking forward to 200 a year extra bill.

Just can't believe they'd let it die. Unfortunately!

Last edited:
It needs to be left to either die or become a fully private business. The BBC in it's current form is obsolete and unpopular.

Reform UK say they will in their first 100 days. But they won't win so who cares.
All that matters is what Labour would do, they haven't said, but they've previously talked about: reinstating free licenses for old people, free licenses for benefits scroungers, making 'rich' people pay more.

They don't have to win to apply pressure. Look what happened with Farage and Brexit. The government completely underestimated it.

Last edited:
I bought license again because on the 'no don't need a license' form you need to state a date when you'll be in for a visit. I guess I could mess them around on purpose and I still might :)

I'm not anti-bbc, I've just completely changed the way I consume TV over the past 10 years, if they were on youtube i'd be all over it :)

But I hate the way the license fee works, I'm not even sure it's legal. Tax me, Netflix model, whatever, just stop knocking on my door (that hasn't happened).

Last edited:
think you can be traced through electoral register (or the chinese can)

BBC delivers - more woke content, well they are all at it netflix&co with colour casting etc
Our-town BBC1 peaky-blinders writer - 'tick' police were out and out racist in the 80's, Casey would be proud; more Attenborough too, make it stop.

abF0oz1.jpeg

We were getting all the usual threats and bullying nonsense from them when we first moved in, the red envelopes, the "are you in on x date" and all their other idle threats, we've since told them we don't need a TV licence and they've stopped.

abF0oz1.jpeg

We were getting all the usual threats and bullying nonsense from them when we first moved in, the red envelopes, the "are you in on x date" and all their other idle threats, we've since told them we don't need a TV licence and they've stopped.

Yea but only for a certain amount of time and then they start sending them again.

Yea but only for a certain amount of time and then they start sending them again.

In which case I'll just store them up and return to sender once every now and then, along with a nice polite letter telling them to **** off, the parasitic cretins that they are.

I bought license again because on the 'no don't need a license' form you need to state a date when you'll be in for a visit. I guess I could mess them around on purpose and I still might :)

I'm not anti-bbc, I've just completely changed the way I consume TV over the past 10 years, if they were on youtube i'd be all over it :)

But I hate the way the license fee works, I'm not even sure it's legal. Tax me, Netflix model, whatever, just stop knocking on my door (that hasn't happened).

just did it a few days ago, does not ask me for any date?

Or are you talking about a paper form or something?

Another calamity from the BBC remaking Rebus ... at least Disney financing Dr who
.. and what do they pay to syndicate eurovision , but maybe it appeals to bright young things.

Meanwhile waiting for the borealis , bbc had the first episode of suits ... meghans first line 'you're hitting on me'

e: maybe the borealis / em stom will take out the eurovision satellite feed

Last edited:
maybe the borealis / em stom will take out the eurovision satellite feed
Good luck - Eurovision is a vehicle of the European Broadcasting Union. If anyone can resist a broadcast failure it's the EBU. Eurovision is basically a way to test their latest tech and capabilities.

They turned up once at mine.. It was during the day. And back then I didn't work at home. Lol.

That's the thing, if they turn up surely it's going to be in working hours anyway when most people aren't there. I doubt they work evenings, nights and weekends.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom