** TWO STUNNERS FROM SAMSUNG!! **

Associate
I agree. I simply cannot go back to anything <144hz and/or G-sync. Would kill for a 32" 144hz/Gsync.

Yeah it's really amazing and the way we should have been playing for day one, it's so natural and just perfect.

And to have this wonderful tech in a 32 inch as you say must be totaly perfection so gimme a ROG SWIFT in 32 and I will swap ASAP :D

Associate
I've been torn between the Q2770PQU and BL3200PT for a few days now and didn't get the super LG widescreen (can't be bothered looking for product code) whilst it was on offer for £719.99 :(

However, these Samsung models look aesthetically pleasing as only a Samsung could so now I'm torn between the 27" and 32" models :mad:

Will almost certainly order one of these and maybe an additional 290x to go CF. Let the countdown to the 19th Sept begin :D

Edit: Can anyone confirm for definite that the 32" model has the same screen as the BL3200PT? I have just noticed the BL3200PT is due in stock on a rival retailers website on 09/09/14 and is slightly cheaper than its 32" Samsung counterpart. Hopefully Overclockers will place it on offer in the future, would much prefer to buy from here than 'the others' where possible if I chose the BL3200PT over the Samsung.

Last edited:
Associate
I've been torn between the Q2770PQU and BL3200PT for a few days now and didn't get the super LG widescreen (can't be bothered looking for product code) whilst it was on offer for £719.99 :(

However, these Samsung models look aesthetically pleasing as only a Samsung could so now I'm torn between the 27" and 32" models :mad:

Will almost certainly order one of these and maybe an additional 290x to go CF. Let the countdown to the 19th Sept begin :D

Edit: Can anyone confirm for definite that the 32" model has the same screen as the BL3200PT? I have just noticed the BL3200PT is due in stock on a rival retailers website on 09/09/14 and is slightly cheaper than its 32" Samsung counterpart. Hopefully Overclockers will place it on offer in the future, would much prefer to buy from here than 'the others' where possible if I chose the BL3200PT over the Samsung.

I pre-ordered from that site when they were supposed to get a delivery on the 15/08/2014. Never happened and now they are quoting 09/09/2014 that pretty much a month of waiting. If OcUk get them in I'm just buying it from here as I can't be bothered waiting anymore!

Associate
I pre-ordered from that site when they were supposed to get a delivery on the 15/08/2014. Never happened and now they are quoting 09/09/2014 that pretty much a month of waiting. If OcUk get them in I'm just buying it from here as I can't be bothered waiting anymore!

Yeah I haven't bothered ordering it, figure I'd wait til 9th and see if they have it in stock and if not I can pre-order the Samsung from here and receive it when it is released. The the other one is slightly better than the Samsung, I doubt I would notice the difference once I had it though so Samsung it probably is!

Associate
What are peoples thoughts on the two options available to rival the 32" model?

Samsung - due 19/09/14

Acer - due 19/09/14

BenQ - due sometime this millennium

Personally I can't see a great deal of difference between the 3, even the price is in the same region of £460-£480 depending on where you buy the BenQ from, which may I add has been 'delayed' yet again to 26/09/14 though it's delayed on a weekly basis at the moment.

The only reason I ask is that I'm all set for ordering the Samsung but then I get to thinking, is 32" just a little to much and would 27" be ample? I've already talked myself out of going for the LG behemoth of 34" (3440x1440) because it is just overkill for no reason other than spending upwards of £770 and also out of the Samsung 28" 4K because I don't see any benefit in 4K until at least 2016/7.

I've also opted to stay away from the 144mhz screens at 1080p because although they are very good screens, I don't feel the need to have the extra refresh rate when the majority of the games I play aren't competitive online games like CS:GO etc, I much prefer Civ 5, CoH, Total War etc so would much prefer higher image quality than trying to show off the fact I have a 120fps like a child even though it means I would have a more beautiful death every 30 seconds.

I will be running MSI 4G R9 290x with the intention of Crossfire in the future so there's no issue on performance at 1440 in the near future and with crossfire it should last a good couple of years easily.

I suppose my question is essentially - Has anyone had experience of 32" monitors before, are they all they are cracked up to be and are they likely to be overkill for games like CoH, Civ 5 etc or is it simply a case of sitting 2 feet back from the screen and then all is good? Don't get me wrong I do enjoy a FPS from time to time and I'm sure 32" would be mega at that display but primarily I'd prefer to maximise my experience of 'proper' games being that I come from a C&C era of games

I appreciate there is a plethora of text but I hate starting new threads unless I have a serious issue.

Last edited:
Soldato
Really nice looking monitors! Currently looking at AOCs offering for 2560x1440. However these monitors are really nice looking :/

The 32 Inch monitors looks super appealing. Are VA panels any good? From specs, I get the impression they're in between IPS and TN; good viewing angles and good response times.

Associate
The 'D' is just an error. The model has a 'T' suffix. It's a bit strange as Samsung usually uses a 'D' suffix on such models - hence the confusion here.

Ar nice one thanks for that. was getting a bit confused as ****** have ones with the T at the end just didn't know if they are two different screens or not. wish there was a review on the screens. Just want to know if they will be any good for gaming on(r9-290 GPU). got an old HP 2309m at the min lol and have been saving up most of the year to get a new one. didn't want to get a TN as the color don't look as good but on a plus there fast. anyone know if you can overclock the Samsung ones past 60hz?

Soldato
Ar nice one thanks for that. was getting a bit confused as ****** have ones with the T at the end just didn't know if they are two different screens or not. wish there was a review on the screens. Just want to know if they will be any good for gaming on(r9-290 GPU). got an old HP 2309m at the min lol and have been saving up most of the year to get a new one. didn't want to get a TN as the color don't look as good but on a plus there fast. anyone know if you can overclock the Samsung ones past 60hz?

There aren't any reviews simply because the models aren't out yet, certainly not in the UK. For the same reason you're going to have to wait for anybody to confirm overclockability etc. It isn't possible to review any comparable models past about 65Hz without frame skipping, though. I'll be reviewing them (at least the 27" version) as soon as possible - got a heck of a lot of other models to look at in the meantime, so just depends when Samsung can give me one and if I've got the time.

I have seen both monitors first hand at IFA, although have to say I didn't really have much of a go with either. In fact I'm not entirely sure I did see the 32" version as Samsung had a number of similar looking models on show. I do recall seeing the 27" version as it's using a panel that hasn't been used on any other monitor before. It was a nice looking monitor with an attractive picture, but you can't really judge based on the 'showroom' lighting conditions and calibration. ;)

Associate
The Benq is a lot more expensive on here than it is from another popular retailer.

PCM2 -when you saw the 27" version do you know if the casing was plastic or another material? The last Samsung I had was a 22"lw or lbw and that just felt really plastic, I'm a little apprehensive in buying a new monitor as right now I have a really good NEC 24" screen and although it's a TN panel it's very good and has an excellent contrast and I'm just worried in getting an inferior panel.

Hopefully these are an improvement.

Soldato
The Benq is a lot more expensive on here than it is from another popular retailer.

PCM2 -when you saw the 27" version do you know if the casing was plastic or another material? The last Samsung I had was a 22"lw or lbw and that just felt really plastic, I'm a little apprehensive in buying a new monitor as right now I have a really good NEC 24" screen and although it's a TN panel it's very good and has an excellent contrast and I'm just worried in getting an inferior panel.

Hopefully these are an improvement.

It was plastic but felt like quite good thick 'high quality' plastic (if that makes sense). Blacks looked really rich and even on the screen (take with a pinch of salt) and I was trying to assess whether it suffered from the common 'PLS glow'. Unfortunately the room was far too bright to accurately assess that sort of thing. It seemed to be using a lighter matte screen surface than that used on other PLS panels, similar to what I've seen on 'semi glossy' VA and AHVA panels. I'm a fan of that personally. :)

Soldato
i'm at a big conference in Amsterdam next week at the screen will almost certainly be there, so its a good opportunity to make my mind up

Back
Top Bottom