Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Rang Adrian flux earlier and they said the company I am with cannot quote me on either car, so they tried all the insurers on there database and the cheapest one was 5000.

Adrian flux ain't no good on Hondas with me. I can get a Type R for the same price I am paying for the Fiesta ST now with other insurers, but means faffing about changing insurance etc etc. Guess I will have to wait till renewal.

Associate
Quick question to anyone who owns or has driven an FN2 for an extended time: How stiff is the suspension? Is it that firm and difficult to live with?

Soldato
Quick question to anyone who owns or has driven an FN2 for an extended time: How stiff is the suspension? Is it that firm and difficult to live with?

It's VERY firm. The difficulty bit is obviously subjective but if you even think it could be an issue then my guess is you won't like it. My experience is with the Type R, not sure how it is on other models.

Soldato
Can any Honda enthusiasts tell me about DC5's?

Looking to get one before summer.

I owned one for 18 months, cracking cars but there are a lot of dogs out there.

Get over to itr-dc5.com and do a lot of reading its pretty much ALL been covered there, usually several times.

Insurance is a big hurdle with them, but it wasnt bad atall for me but i do live in a very low risk area.

Mine cost me a fortune to fix and ended up trading it in as i didn't really trust it anymore.

Associate
It's VERY firm. The difficulty bit is obviously subjective but if you even think it could be an issue then my guess is you won't like it. My experience is with the Type R, not sure how it is on other models.

Thanks. Had a Mini JCW before and that had stiff suspension but found it ok, just not sure how much firmer the civics will be. Is it just bad surfaces that show up the stiffness? How is it on the motorway?

Soldato
just got the CTR back from the bodyshop. had the back bumper, bonnet and driver door resprayed because of a couple of stone chips (it was a demo model) well chuffed with the result :D just given it a clean...now its hammering it down with rain... -_- great.. was looking forward to tearing the roads up tonight.

Caporegime
The 306 needs the following done to it Muffin'

-New Catalytic Converter
-New back box
-New Wipers
-New Discs and Pads on the rear
-New Rear Disc Cover (goes around the back of the disc. Mine has vanished, always wondered what that noise was on the motorway a few months back :o)
-WELDING :eek: The passenger side outrigger has a hole in it apparantly, and needs repairing!

I've told him to leave it, I'm picking it up and bringing it back to the farm in half hour or so.

Time to start finding some serious ways of driving that Cosmic Civic down from £5800!

Any ideas on what it's actually worth? I think it will need a good service through ABP Motorsport as it's surely up on it's Monthy Based services rather than Milleage.

http://www.euro-spec2000.co.uk/Honda/CivicTypeR/

ach' that pugs got plenty of life left in it yet :D

Also I just remembered, it's not got AC! :eek: I know that doesn't bother a simpleton like yourself but it will hurt resale value, and almost defiantly means it's overpriced. Go and have a look at it tomorrow to get a feel for it, but don't do anything daft like shake hands or leave a deposit :D

I'm about all weekend if you want me to come and have a second look

edit*

SOLD

This car is no longer available.

:(

Man of Honour
OP
Does anyone on here own an NSX ? if so, puuucs!

My mate had one for a few years, sold it in 2009 iirc.

n549228892_968574_9220.jpg

n549228892_1347081_837.jpg

Soldato
Thanks. Had a Mini JCW before and that had stiff suspension but found it ok, just not sure how much firmer the civics will be. Is it just bad surfaces that show up the stiffness? How is it on the motorway?

Yeah I mean even a shallow pothole or divot in the road will make your bones rattle. If the road is good it's lovely :)
Actually not been on the motorway since I've owned it but I wouldn't envisage an discomfort compared to a good quality A/B road.
Where about's are you? If by some pure fluke you're local I'll take you for a spin.

Soldato
It's not just scene tax. For a bit more money you get a more rare, less rusty, better looking car.

Apart from EK9 civics being absolutely everywhere, especially driven by gangsta boys. They might not be a Type-R but I see many either dressed up with kits to look like one, or they are just slammed with silly drift toys.

All of these cars have rust these days, you cannot guarantee an EK9 is rust free vs a DC2 just because it's an EK9, that is a silly thing to say.

Looks are subjective to owners, so rounding off everything you see a few less EK9 Type-Rs on the road and you pay a good £2k+ more for a slower and less practical car that's just as old as a Teg.

DO NOT WANT ILLOGICS

Soldato
Did a quote tonight on Confused changing the address and didn't realise i still had the Type R details in from earlier.

If i was to live at my nana's, i would only have to pay 1k for a Type R through churchill. £2100 where i live now with some insurer. Insurance is really ****ed up. Now i see why teenagers are driving about in 200+BHP cars, most likely fronting there insurance saying they live at some relatives/friends house.

Or actually live there :p

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah I mean even a shallow pothole or divot in the road will make your bones rattle. If the road is good it's lovely :)
Actually not been on the motorway since I've owned it but I wouldn't envisage an discomfort compared to a good quality A/B road.
Where about's are you? If by some pure fluke you're local I'll take you for a spin.

Thanks for the offer but unfortunately based in Hertfordshire so not too local!

I don't mind putting up with it for short distance but we do a regular four hour round trip to visit the in-laws but that will be mainly motorway.

I have just sold my car and the buyer paid cash and has taken it away so need to get looking fast for a replacement and the Civic is one of three possibilities at the moment (along with Mini Cooper S and Focus ST).

Back
Top Bottom